You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sat in a meeting this morning and been told that where some issues need to be looked at in more detail we will be joining "SWAT Teams".

Must admit a company branded kevlar vest and sub machine gun sounds way interesting than a polo shirt and a coaster.

Ill put a cap in some motherfuckers ass.

19 minutes ago, redinblack said:

Sat in a meeting this morning and been told that where some issues need to be looked at in more detail we will be joining "SWAT Teams".

Must admit a company branded kevlar vest and sub machine gun sounds way interesting than a polo shirt and a coaster.

Ill put a cap in some motherfuckers ass.

They've set up a 'battle room' for a long running project here. Can't help thinking of Dr Strangelove.

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, Mook said:

The 'reach out' thing has reached epidemic proportions.

Did they outlaw 'contact' & 'get in touch' without me noticing?

Without 'circling back' the 'reach out' is ineffective.

Attended a meeting yesterday at a Client of mine. It was a ‘get together’ of some of the contractors they use.

I absolutely loath these kind of things, I get anxious and withdrawn. Daft really as the results I deliver for them are in excess of most of the people in the room, maybe all of them. 

I lost out on a big piece of work with this Client at the end of last year. It would have been worth a decent amount of cash, and I could have done it mostly from home. 

The reason that I lost it was because the launch happened just at the time I was admitted to hospital, and during the period my brother was dying. I did try to attend the launch, drove down to the venue in agony to support the person who stepped in for me, and didn’t invoice for my time. 

I also attended a follow up meeting by dialling in from my hospital bed, as there was no way I could get there in person. Again, I didn’t charge for my time.

In the end they went with the person who stepped in for me (they aren’t as good as me, they just aren’t). They did do a decent job though so, although it stung, I did understand that business is sometimes cunting business. 

This person, and another who’s on this project, were at the meeting yesterday. In the breaks both kept talking openly about this work to everyone that was there. How  was ‘easy money’ and that the customer is thinking of extending it globally next year. If they do, both will make a good few thousand pounds from this. 

The total lack of diplomacy and empathy, particularly from my replacement who knows very well how they got that work, was astounding. 

I probably should have said something but I’m a wuss so I just left the room for a bit (three times) and resolved to vent on here instead. 

This kind of shit would happen a lot when I worked full time in the corporate world. It reminded me why I’ll never go back. 

Nice lunch though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1.5 weeks ago we announced we had lost my contract at work from 01/07

Team all still processing the news we have no contract and likely be made redundant in 5 months. 

yesterday I had to announce immediate redundancies despite knowing I will be made redundant in 5 months time. I have to get rid of 9 employees by end of 30 days consultation. 

Customer still screaming for service

business still screaming for profits

and now 30 employees screaming at me cause they dont know if they have a job next month all whilst knowing I most probably will go through this in 5 months. 

FUCK. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Attended a meeting yesterday at a Client of mine. It was a ‘get together’ of some of the contractors they use.

I absolutely loath these kind of things, I get anxious and withdrawn. Daft really as the results I deliver for them are in excess of most of the people in the room, maybe all of them. 

I lost out on a big piece of work with this Client at the end of last year. It would have been worth a decent amount of cash, and I could have done it mostly from home. 

The reason that I lost it was because the launch happened just at the time I was admitted to hospital, and during the period my brother was dying. I did try to attend the launch, drove down to the venue in agony to support the person who stepped in for me, and didn’t invoice for my time. 

I also attended a follow up meeting by dialling in from my hospital bed, as there was no way I could get there in person. Again, I didn’t charge for my time.

In the end they went with the person who stepped in for me (they aren’t as good as me, they just aren’t). They did do a decent job though so, although it stung, I did understand that business is sometimes cunting business. 

This person, and another who’s on this project, were at the meeting yesterday. In the breaks both kept talking openly about this work to everyone that was there. How  was ‘easy money’ and that the customer is thinking of extending it globally next year. If they do, both will make a good few thousand pounds from this. 

The total lack of diplomacy and empathy, particularly from my replacement who knows very well how they got that work, was astounding. 

I probably should have said something but I’m a wuss so I just left the room for a bit (three times) and resolved to vent on here instead. 

This kind of shit would happen a lot when I worked full time in the corporate world. It reminded me why I’ll never go back. 

Nice lunch though.

Mate that's shit. What a gang of cunts 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Mate that's shit. What a gang of cunts 

Thanks. Too many people like this in the work environments I’ve found myself in.

Some displaying cuntish behaviour due to the pressures they’re under, some behaving like cunts because they’re just cunts. 

I try to rise above it, but sometimes I let this kind of thing eat away at me. Trying not to do that today. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Nice lunch though.

Shit that pal. 

Anything you can do to assist the global roll out?

13 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

Shit that pal. 

Anything you can do to assist the global roll out?

I could do. It depends how well these two do with phase one, and whether they need any additional external resources if it goes global. 

Things can, and do, change so I’ll keep my own council (apart from venting on here, to the wife, to the kids, to my mum, to my mates, to the dog, to the old chap in the garage…) and see what happens.

To be honest, if I could, I’d stop work completely (I know I’m not alone in that). I’m becoming more and more disillusioned with the way people behave and I just don’t have the resilience anymore to roll with the punches. 

Fuck, my life is a piece of piss compared to many. I know that. I don’t have cancer like my sister, Parkinson’s like my mother, and I’m not dead like my brother and dad for a start. 

I’m tired though. Not enough kindness in this world. 

@Creator Supremeis almost right. We will be done as a species if we don’t stop eating ourselves at every opportunity. 

• Upvote 5

40 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I could do. It depends how well these two do with phase one, and whether they need any additional external resources if it goes global. 

Things can, and do, change so I’ll keep my own council (apart from venting on here, to the wife, to the kids, to my mum, to my mates, to the dog, to the old chap in the garage…) and see what happens.

To be honest, if I could, I’d stop work completely (I know I’m not alone in that). I’m becoming more and more disillusioned with the way people behave and I just don’t have the resilience anymore to roll with the punches. 

Fuck, my life is a piece of piss compared to many. I know that. I don’t have cancer like my sister, Parkinson’s like my mother, and I’m not dead like my brother and dad for a start. 

I’m tired though. Not enough kindness in this world. 

@Creator Supremeis almost right. We will be done as a species if we don’t stop eating ourselves at every opportunity. 

Sorry to hear of your family issues mate. 

And just because you think your life is a piece of piss doesnt mean you wont "struggle" at certain points. 

Be kind to yourself x

• Upvote 2