You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Liverpool hope to agree the transfer of Philippe Coutinho on Wednesday despite the midfielder's claim that he wants to stay and fight for his place at Internazionale.

The Anfield club had a bid of around £8m rejected for the 20-year-old Brazilian last week but negotiations have continued and Liverpool are confident an improved offer will be acceptable.

Coutinho signed for Inter from Vasco da Gama as a 16-year-old, though he remained with the Brazilian club until he was 18, and is regarded as one of the most promising young players in Serie A. Despite that reputation, Inter are considering the approach from Anfield as they look to improve their finances.

The player has placed responsibility for any transfer firmly on the Italian club by stating that he wishes to impress the coach Andrea Stramaccioni. Coutinho told Sky Italia: "The Liverpool offer? I'm happy with these offers, because it means I am doing my job well. But I think Inter have faith in me and I want to show my value here. I don't feel that I'm on my way out. I hope to stay at Inter. The young players feel the faith of the coach and of the club."

The Liverpool defender Danny Wilson, meanwhile, has admitted he has little future at the club under Brendan Rodgers. The Scotland international has made only nine first team appearances for Liverpool since joining the club for an initial £2m from Rangers in 2010 and is now on loan at Hearts until the summer.

The 21-year-old, who has not made a senior appearance for Rodgers, said: "It's going to be difficult for me to have a future at Liverpool. They have four centre-backs there who are fighting for two positions really. You see players who played in past seasons not playing as much now. I have not really managed to force my way in. My only thinking now is to get out and play and what happens, happens."

Liverpool hope to agree the transfer of Philippe Coutinho on Wednesday despite the midfielder's claim that he wants to stay and fight for his place at Internazionale.

The Anfield club had a bid of around £8m rejected for the 20-year-old Brazilian last week but negotiations have continued and Liverpool are confident an improved offer will be acceptable.

Coutinho signed for Inter from Vasco da Gama as a 16-year-old, though he remained with the Brazilian club until he was 18, and is regarded as one of the most promising young players in Serie A. Despite that reputation, Inter are considering the approach from Anfield as they look to improve their finances.

The player has placed responsibility for any transfer firmly on the Italian club by stating that he wishes to impress the coach Andrea Stramaccioni. Coutinho told Sky Italia: "The Liverpool offer? I'm happy with these offers, because it means I am doing my job well. But I think Inter have faith in me and I want to show my value here. I don't feel that I'm on my way out. I hope to stay at Inter. The young players feel the faith of the coach and of the club."

The Liverpool defender Danny Wilson, meanwhile, has admitted he has little future at the club under Brendan Rodgers. The Scotland international has made only nine first team appearances for Liverpool since joining the club for an initial £2m from Rangers in 2010 and is now on loan at Hearts until the summer.

The 21-year-old, who has not made a senior appearance for Rodgers, said: "It's going to be difficult for me to have a future at Liverpool. They have four centre-backs there who are fighting for two positions really. You see players who played in past seasons not playing as much now. I have not really managed to force my way in. My only thinking now is to get out and play and what happens, happens."

Where is this from?

LFC have held more talks with Inter, but yet to make a significant breakthrough. Inter have informed Liverpool that they want €12m for Coutinho. (Tony Barrett)

They have been talking for days. What the hell are they talking about? The conversation surely cannot go much past:

LFC: We offer €8m

IM: No

LFC: erm...

Edited by Major Tom

They have been talking for days. What the hell are they talking about? The conversation surely cannot go much past:

LFC: We offer €8m

IM: No

LFC: erm...

Other then the Sturridge deal, which the whole world knew about, have they moved fast regarding anything ?

They are probably waiting for Spurs to come in so they can wheel Ayre out talking about the deal not being 'right' (e.g we are shit at haggling)