You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What do you think?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I strongly agree
    • I strongly disagree
    • I agree
    • I disagree
    • I am unsure.

There were fuck all Munich chants last night. Anybody saying otherwise is a liar. Simple as. Obviously you can't legislate for the odd moron in a crowd of thousands shouting something or making an aeroplane gesture (they should rightfully be ejected and banned), but to suggest this is even some way comparable is staggering. In their case, we're talking a fucking majority of their end (thousands when we play at their place) going through their usual hateful repertoire.

The sad thing is, there's a fair section of their support who aren't even arsed about Munich. To them, it's just something used to take the moral high ground or eke a reaction. I've lost count of the amount of times I've watched us play at Old Trafford and seen swathes of their support not even watching the match, eyes on our allocation making aeroplane gestures, all singing 'where's your famous Munich song?' and when our knobhead fringe have obliged, they've responded with ironic cheers and applause.

That, and their shithouse response today, just sums their club up. They don't sing 'we're Man Utd, we do what we want' because it scans or it's a catchy tune, it encapsulates their whole mentality of thinking they're above standards and decency. If it's not singing the usual shite to us, it's singing 'always look out for Turkish fans with knives' after winning the league not long after the two Leeds fans were stabbed in Istanbul. If it's not wearing Cantona masks on trips to Selhurst Park, it's journeying on to the bridge close to the Stadio Olimpico despite warnings not to and then crying when they take a hiding. If it's not their own fucking players singing about winning it three times without killing anyone on the pitch in Moscow, it's the head of their own supporters club laughably claiming 'always the victim' isn't about Hillsborough after they sang it in response to Aston Villa fans singing 'justice for the 96' the weekend after the findings were released. They're the equivalent of a shithouse little kid consciously pushing people's buttons to see how far they can go and then throwing a paddy when someone finally decides to give them a deserved clip round the ear.

They're just a horrible, horrible club. Fuck them. Lying, hypocritical, antagonistic shithouses.

Yep.

Faustus shoots and he scores again.

I dont say this too often but, they're fucking scum. They lived off the munich disaster all through the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's until they won their first league title in 26 years needing nearly a 100 minute game to put them in the boss seat.

For them cunts to chant 'always the victim' is the height of infinite fucking hypocrisy. I dont kIow how any of the cunts who chant that do it with a straight face.

Did I say they were cunts?

• Upvote 2

People need to start whipping their phones out and recording shit-house behaviour from any fans. Even our own. One of the replies to Gary Neville's tweet the other day was some bellend bringing up Munich with a plane and fire emoji. It had about 200 likes and 100+ re-tweets. I reported the imbecile but when I checked a few days later the tweets were still there.

When they or anyone else starts up with shit like this we've got to drowned them out with positive songs and chants. I know it's only a very small minority that sink to their level, but it needs to stop completely. it's pathetic behaviour from all involved. The level of hatred associated with this fixture and rivalry is out of hand. It's not healthy and anyone found guilty should be banned for life.

Don't get me wrong, I loathe them and love football more than anything, but it's just a game, man.

I know it probably works out ok for us, with the players coming back from international duty having an extra couple of days but I really can't believe this game has been moved to a Monday night. They've always tried to have it as an early kick off to give people less time on the ale before the game. Now, with things as bad as ever between us they have moved it to a Monday night, so giving thousands of pricks time to get tanked up beforehand. It's gonna be poisonous.

People need to start whipping their phones out and recording shit-house behaviour from any fans. Even our own. One of the replies to Gary Neville's tweet the other day was some bellend bringing up Munich with a plane and fire emoji. It had about 200 likes and 100+ re-tweets. I reported the imbecile but when I checked a few days later the tweets were still there.

When they or anyone else starts up with shit like this we've got to drowned them out with positive songs and chants. I know it's only a very small minority that sink to their level, but it needs to stop completely. it's pathetic behaviour from all involved. The level of hatred associated with this fixture and rivalry is out of hand. It's not healthy and anyone found guilty should be banned for life.

Don't get me wrong, I loathe them and love football more than anything, but it's just a game, man.

Good post. I read somewhere recently, that back in the late 60's, Liverpool fans voted Matt Busby in their all-time Liverpool XI and nominated him as captain. Could you imagine that happening now?

There was a video from the 80s on the Anfield wrap around the time of the Europa games against them and United fans were filmed chanting Shankly 81. Not sure when all the Munich chanting was supposed to have begun but I also read that United fans sang good luck liverpool in the 1977 fa cup final ahead of the European Cup final. An Everton fan I used to work with said he was with a load of United fans (I know) in lime st in the late 70s getting grief about Munich which if true means it started between 77 and 81.

My hunch is some United fans sung about Shankly death then heysel then hillsborough when we were winning in.the 80s then some of ours started singing about Munich when they were winning. Then it got ramped up again when we won no.5 and they took over our league wins.

There's no doubt that you can hear loud and clear thousands of them singing always the victim where as I don't even know the tune of a Munich song never mind the words.

The Maca, this is one of your posts from the Nostalgia thread

Nostalgia .....

Looking back in time and realising your dad was a probably a hooligan

Being taken in the anny road in the late 60s/70s because "kopites were gobshites"

Dad getting his cushions out of the hillman minx for me to sit on but neglecting the helmet I needed to protect me from missiles

Uncle Eddie sticking his fingers in my ears whilst my dad shouted and screamed at the opposition fans

Wondering why dad spent hours sharpening darts and knocking nails in golf balls

Why would he need a matchstick between his blades on his Stanley knife - he was a driver?

Seeing your dad get arrested at away games for carrying his "work knife"

I really should have been put in care ......

So you were being taken in the anny rd in the late 60s. That would put you around age 60-65 I reckon. Nearly a pensioner, that wears a Liverpool shirt to go shopping. And you're married to a 27 year old fit as fuck Manc. I reckon you're a bullshitter.

And yeah, you really should be put into care.

Maca started the night with a few testing lefts, just sizing up the opposition, finding his reach.  Suddenly from nowhere, Maca pulled out a thunderous uppercut, and despite its awkward trajectory failing to land, in its wake came a barrage of wild swing after wild swing.

Like a furious animal with crazed eyes, Maca came forward, forward, ever-forward unleashing smash after smash, though none could land the knockout blow he was desperately seeking.

Sweat soaked into Maca's untamed eyes, stinging his anger and urging him forward once more.

Unbridled hostility dug deeper at his very core, once more urging him onwards into battle.

Suddenly, Maca opened his eyes.

He looked around, bewildered.

He was alone.

And then it struck him.  Where was his foe?  Who was it he was struggling to overcome?  Where were the posters off TLW that loved Man Utd and their ex-manager?  They didn't actually exist...

In a moment of shock and realisation it struck him.  He was drunk.  He was very drunk.

He reached for the off button of his computer, reaching, reaching...

But then, like a strutting, blinding-bright candle flame, he was gone.

• Upvote 5

Just over on redcafe to gauge their mood about our upcoming match.

Confident bunch, on the whole, though there are a sizeable minority that seem terrified of us.  But the post that really made me laugh was this one:

I still find YAWN a bit weird. They sing it for dead rubbers against teams like West Brom. It's supposed to be some sort of sacred song but it's as bad as our "Glory glory Man United recording".

"LOL, what a bunch of wankers Liverpool fans are, singing their iconic song at every game since the 1960's."

• Upvote 1