You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What do you think?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I strongly agree
    • I strongly disagree
    • I agree
    • I disagree
    • I am unsure.

Don't post here often (as you can see), however has anyone got any nice replies to this fucking twat?

Anthony Gaffney (@antog101)

02/09/2013 18:29

Sky Sports camera went to Liverpool and all the fans were pushing up against the reporter trying to get to the front! Will they ever learn?

Download the official Twitter app here

Sent from my iPhone

We could have some fun with that cunt. Trying to track down his facebook account. Lovely tag on his latest tweet.

Anthony Gaffney ‏@antog101 1h

@gerard_fagan @ManUtd Concentrate on your own team lad! :))) #Hillsborough

At the obvious risk....

I think United away to Liverpool is always going to attract the hard core United moron - a lot of sensible United fans (they do exist) won't go, since the potential for trouble simply isn't their cup of tea.

So, you're going to get a disproportionate number of antagonists.

The chanting could be heard on TV (certainly the victim chant), but of course, it was happening whilst a Liverpool player was down, thus they'll claim it was 'victim of a tackle'. Anybody with an ounce of sense would know that was merely a convenient excuse for them to start the chant.

So what can you do about it? If you ban them, you'll once again be portrayed as being overly sensitive, or unable to 'get along' sensibly (not saying that's accurate, just how it will be portayed). Then there's the loss of atmosphere - which makes the fixture one of the biggest games of the season (arguably THE biggest).

Then you've got the PL rules. Doubtless some exist about granting away fans access to the match.

Sadly, every time the decent fans amongst us try and kill off the chanting and dodgy terms, someone comes out with "fucking Munichs" or "Murderers" etc and it sets everything back. Every club's got these people, and the chances are, 1 in 5 (maybe more) will utter that stuff privately 'amongst mates'.

I think all you can do is grin and bare it, and don't retaliate (not easy).... ideal it would be great if the entire stadium went silent (Liverpool fans) to prove the point about what's being chanted. It would be very effective, and I believe would leave them looking like the morons they are.

Let them tie their own noose.... they're so stupid, they'll willingly oblige.

At the obvious risk....

I think United away to Liverpool is always going to attract the hard core United moron - a lot of sensible United fans (they do exist) won't go, since the potential for trouble simply isn't their cup of tea.

So, you're going to get a disproportionate number of antagonists.

The chanting could be heard on TV (certainly the victim chant), but of course, it was happening whilst a Liverpool player was down, thus they'll claim it was 'victim of a tackle'. Anybody with an ounce of sense would know that was merely a convenient excuse for them to start the chant.

So what can you do about it? If you ban them, you'll once again be portrayed as being overly sensitive, or unable to 'get along' sensibly (not saying that's accurate, just how it will be portayed). Then there's the loss of atmosphere - which makes the fixture one of the biggest games of the season (arguably THE biggest).

Then you've got the PL rules. Doubtless some exist about granting away fans access to the match.

Sadly, every time the decent fans amongst us try and kill off the chanting and dodgy terms, someone comes out with "fucking Munichs" or "Murderers" etc and it sets everything back. Every club's got these people, and the chances are, 1 in 5 (maybe more) will utter that stuff privately 'amongst mates'.

I think all you can do is grin and bare it, and don't retaliate (not easy).... ideal it would be great if the entire stadium went silent (Liverpool fans) to prove the point about what's being chanted. It would be very effective, and I believe would leave them looking like the morons they are.

Let them tie their own noose.... they're so stupid, they'll willingly oblige.

Exactly.

I object to it but I don't think banning is the answer. Highlighting the elephant in the room and exposing what they sing will do more good.

The more they do it the more they show themselves up. Their 'chance' to assume any moral high ground over tasteless chants was blown long ago. The facts are that yet again they descended to the base level of 'death baiting' in significant numbers to be heard quite clearly and yet again we didn't.

Instead we beat them, took the piss and roared them out the ground and back up the 62 at the final whistle. Job done.

then you won't mind me calling you a cunt for thinking its acceptable

Faux moral outrage is always embarrsssing.

This fixture has a history, and tension, which goes back to the opening of the Manchester Ship canal when it comes to ill-feeling between communities.

If you prefer our fixtures against Fulham or Wigan, fine. We can, and have, dished it out, with the best ( or worst) of them.

We will be judged by what we do, others set their own standards.If Mancs want to behave badly that is up to them.

Faux moral outrage is always embarrsssing.

This fixture has a history' date=' and tension, which goes back to the opening of the Manchester Ship canal when it comes to ill-feeling between communities.

If you prefer our fixtures against Fulham or Wigan, fine. We can, and have, dished it out, with the best ( or worst) of them.

We will be judged by what we do, others set their own standards.If Mancs want to behave badly that is up to them.[/quote']

"My names xerxes, but you can call me Brian".

People should be able to take the piss, mock, laugh... whatever at what going on at the pitch or clubs... it's a game of football. Dare I 'just' football.

I can even accept people finding humour in death - gallows humour if you will, but (to my mind) that's humour brought about in grief, by those affected by it.

I cannot accept finding humour in death for the purposes of causing antagonism. Doesn't matter which club you support, every club has a set of tasteless wankers somewhere.

Yeah, many fans CAN 'take it'. Doesn't mean they should have to. And what of those fans that can't take it? is their opinion worth nothing? are those affected such a small minority that they don't count?

Football's moved on in many ways, some good, some bad, but I'd like to think parking your car safely, having a bit of banter with opposition fans, being able to take your kids to a game without fear of trouble, and being able to support your team without resorting to 'Munich' or 'Victims' or 'Jews' etc is progress.

There's nothing less passionate in fans who just want to watch the footballl and still have atmosphere.

THIS is my football.

Football has moved on, and in terms of crowd behaviour, largely for the better. The old routine riposte of “You’re gonna get your fucking heads kicked in” to every opposition goal, and drowning out opposition chants with choruses of “shit” are, thank fully gone.

The thread question was whether Man u fans should be banned. I don’t think so. They embarrass themselves, they do not offend me.

I do smile at the irony of brave internet warriors who lavish insults on message boards that would get them arrested on the street, who then moan like five year old girls at what they hear ( or think others have heard) at football matches.

People need to take responsibility for their own actions, I am always wary of anyone who sanctimoniously decides that they should determine how others should behave.

Stick to "Red Alert"- it suits you;)

This forum will be improved immesurably the day you are finally banned. You're the most unpopular poster on the site by some distance and your attitude on this subject goes some way to explaining that. Why you've not been kicked off the site yet is a complete mystery. What an arsewipe.