You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which Ronaldo Was Better?

Guest LFD

Which Ronaldo Was Better?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which Ronaldo Was Better?

• Brazilian - 'The Real Ronaldo'
    • Portuguese - 'No longer fake Ronaldo'

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's quite even.

I think people have a tendency to romanticise and lean in favour of past times. But if the tables were turned and we were looking back on Cronaldo playing 15 years ago and Ronaldo now then the poll may have a different lilt to it.

I dont think a Liverpool forum is the best place to get a valid opinion about Cronaldo, no offence.

Personally, I think Ronaldo wins, but Cronaldo still has time on his side. But the World Cup performances weigh heavily in Ronaldo's favour.

If you talk among the Brazilians then they all seem to rate Romario higher than Ronaldo anyway.

I would be truly amazed to see his time at Ajax mate as he never played for them but played for PSV scoring 66 goals in 70 games.

I am not saying he was amazing as he was,the point I am making he was center forward out and out and Ladyboy isnt.

The fact that a winger has scored more in two seasons than a world class center forward in his prime and imo in a team not as good (remember that team had Figo,Enrique,Stoichkov,Popescu,Guardiola and Giovanni in it) and if you add on the squad he played in at Madrid which was this .

Íker Casillas GK

13 Diego López GK

-----------------------

2 Míchel Salgado

3 Roberto Carlos

4 Sergio Ramos

5 Zinédine Zidane

6 Iván Helguera

7 Raúl González

8 Júlio Baptista

9 Ronaldo

10 Robinho

12 Pablo García

14 Guti

15 Raúl Bravo

16 Thomas Gravesen

18 Jonathan Woodgate

20 Óscar Miñambres

21 Carlos Diogo

22 Francisco Pavón

23 David Beckham

24 Álvaro Mejía

27 Roberto Soldado

28 Rubén De la Red

Also Figo was there fow a season or two as well.

That surely must put a perspective on it.

Dunno why the fuck I said Ajax. Must be getting old. Pointless comparing Ronaldo at Real to Ronaldo mark deux. The latter wins comfortably. It's Ronaldo in his early days where it's much closer. They are only comparable at their respective peaks.

I like doing the top 5 lists as well.

Have had Messi as number 1 for a while.

1. Messi

2. Maradona

3. Ronaldo

4. Zidane

Here's where it gets real hard. I find it extremely hard to choose between CR, Van Basten, Laudrup, Kenny, Cruyff, Müller, Platini....

Any advances?

Maybe Pele?

He's not better than Maradona. It's not even up for debate.

It's surely up to debate moof.

As much of a cunt as he is, he is one fucking unreal footballer. Fat Ronaldo was a fucking wizard when he was young but I don't think even he would have done what Criatiano Ronaldo did in the prem a few years ago and what he has achieved personally in Spain.

I'm not into this you have to win a world cup bollocks any more either.

The world cup has long gone as the best football tournament where the players are at the peak of their powers. Back then I reckon the best footballing nations would have beaten the best club sides but now definitely not. All the top clubs amass all the best players now and they are all competing at a very high standard on a constant basis. That wasn't the case all those years ago.

I think if you would have thrown a young Maradona in the same environment as Messi and Ronaldo then he would undoubtedly have reached the level they are at now. But he wasn't and I think those two are the best players ever and it's shocking as they are still fairly young.

If Cristiano never played for the Mancs and had a good attitude he'd be leading this poll.

Have to agree. He's class. His record speaks for itself. Couldnt give a shit if he plays for Madrid or if he used to play for United, he's a sublime footballer.

He was only at Barca for one amazing season before he left.

If you take his first three seasons at Madrid he played 97 league games scoring 67 times.

Ladyboys first 3 seasons at Madrid he played 101 league games scoring 112 goals.

The team Original played in at Barca and certainly at Madrid was far superior imo to the one ladyboy is is in now.

Also in the first three seasons for ladyboy he has 14 league hatricks and in his second season he became the first player ever to score

40 league goals in a season and then 47 goals the following season, making him the only player in La Liga history, or in any other major European league, to score 40 goals in two seasons, even doing so in consecutive seasons. Ronaldo officially broke his previous record of 40 goals in a La Liga season.

Messi scored 50 last season to become the player to score the most goals in a league season.

If you compare the goal assists of the three then Messi comes out on top by a distance but Ladyboy does over original by hell of a distance to.

Even in his amazing season at Barca in which he scored 47 goals in 47 games which 34 of them were in the league playing imo in a better team than ladyboy is now.

Ladyboys scoring record as a winger is superior to originals who was a center forward is by quite a margin.

Don't know about that. The current RM team is outstanding, with a top manager and players in their prime. Old Ronaldo joined an ageing RM team.

Ronaldo old Real team looks better on paper but the rest if the league was a better overall standard IMO.The Real and Barca teams these days are breaking all sorts of domestic records.

The better player for me is the original Ronaldo,simply because even after his injuries and loss of pace,mobility and fitness he was still a scoring machine.

Ronaldinho vs C Ronaldo is a better player comparison anyway.Both Inside left forwards.

My doubt about classing any of C Ronaldo and Messi so high in list is how they would have handled a Gentile/Goikoetxea the mud/dry surface,heavy ball.

Look how many of today's players strike a ball,it's more about hitting straight at the target with power and the balls inflight movement doing the work.Keepers have far less reaction time to the balls final movement. Pele,Maradona, Garrincha all got kicked to shreds,Van Basten's career was ended early by late challenges from behind.

One thing that pisses me off,when all the lists of the best players come out Beckenbauer,Maldini should be on them.

I was just having a conversation the other day with someone about how unfortunate CRonaldo is to be playing in the same era as Messi.

In my opinion, Messi is going to end his career as the greatest footballer who ever lived. Certainly up there in that elite group that up until now has had only Pele and Maradona. Those three stand head and shoulders above everyone else, for me.

CRonaldo doesn't get as much credit in the overall scheme of football greats, because we're constantly putting him up against Messi and seeing him fall short. However, the fact remains that he continues to demonstrate consistently that he is indeed in that next group, the one that includes Cruyff, Zidane, Brazilian Ronaldo, Beckenbauer, etc., and that is really an incredible level to be at.

For me I would say that Brazilian Ronaldo, at his peak, was a superior player to CRonaldo, but CRonaldo hasn't been as blighted by injury and, by the end of his career, will probably go ahead of him on my personal list. I would guess, by the end of Messi's and CRonaldo's careers, that my list will look like this:

1. Messi

2. Pele

3. Maradona

4. Zidane

5. CRonaldo

6. Cruyff

7. Brazilian Ronaldo

I was just having a conversation the other day with someone about how unfortunate CRonaldo is to be playing in the same era as Messi.

In my opinion, Messi is going to end his career as the greatest footballer who ever lived. Certainly up there in that elite group that up until now has had only Pele and Maradona. Those three stand head and shoulders above everyone else, for me.

CRonaldo doesn't get as much credit in the overall scheme of football greats, because we're constantly putting him up against Messi and seeing him fall short. However, the fact remains that he continues to demonstrate consistently that he is indeed in that next group, the one that includes Cruyff, Zidane, Brazilian Ronaldo, Beckenbauer, etc., and that is really an incredible level to be at.

For me I would say that Brazilian Ronaldo, at his peak, was a superior player to CRonaldo, but CRonaldo hasn't been as blighted by injury and, by the end of his career, will probably go ahead of him on my personal list. I would guess, by the end of Messi's and CRonaldo's careers, that my list will look like this:

1. Messi

2. Pele

3. Maradona

4. Zidane

5. CRonaldo

6. Cruyff

7. Brazilian Ronaldo

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Don't know about that. The current RM team is outstanding, with a top manager and players in their prime. Old Ronaldo joined an ageing RM team.

That old Real Madrid team your talking about is infact two years into the galatico team.

It already had Zidane,Figo,Carlos,Salgardo,Makelele,Morrientes,Raul,Stevie Mc and guti and Owen in it.

They added the likes of Beckham and others to the squad over the next four years.

He actually joined one of the strongest ever Madrid side.

The Madrid side today has played a total of 11 games 7 of which are in La Liga,in which they have lost twice already and are in 5th place.

The 25 goals the team has scored in the 11 matches,14 of them belong to Ronaldo the next closest player has 4.

Last season in which they won La Liga setting various records like the 121 La Liga goals due to Ronaldo scoring 46 of them and him becoming the only ever player to score against every team in La Liga in a single season.

Do you see where I am going with all this stuff ..

The first player to score 40 goals in La Liga ever and the following season scored 47 in La Liga to not only break his own record he became the first player ever to hit 40+ in two different seasons in any major European League ever.

He done it in consecutive seasons and with 14 goals in 7 La Liga games so far he is on course to doing it for the third consecutive season.

He has also beecome the second quickest player ever to score 100 goals in La Liga it took him 92 games.

He became the quickest Madrid player to score 100 goals beating the previous record held by the great Puskas.

He is the only Madrid player to score a goal in each of his first 4 la liga games ever.

He has also broken Zaras La Liga record of goals per minute scored in La Liga with a goal every 70.7 minutes or 1.01 goals a game.

He has scored 15 La Liga hatricks in 3 seasons average of 5 hat tricks a season in the league.

In 108 games he has scored 120 goals for Madrid in La Liga in just over 3 seasons.

But he is shit he is boring etc etc etc

I am not saying he was amazing as he was,the point I am making he was center forward out and out and Ladyboy isnt.

The fact that a winger has scored more in two seasons than a world class center forward in his prime

That surely must put a perspective on it.

Bollocks. Ronaldo is the attacking focal point for that Real Madrid side, which is jammed full of fantastic players, so it doesn't put any perspective on it at all. He's selfish as hell, he doesn't have a complete game, he's just a, physical freak, big, strong, speed merchant with fantastic technique... but he's a total cunt of the highest order. The REAL Ronaldo was a fucking virtuoso.

Bollocks. Ronaldo is the attacking focal point for that Real Madrid side, which is jammed full of fantastic players, so it doesn't put any perspective on it at all. He's selfish as hell, he doesn't have a complete game, he's just a, physical freak, big, strong, speed merchant with fantastic technique... but he's a total cunt of the highest order. The REAL Ronaldo was a fucking virtuoso.

Nobody is saying he isnt a cunt and the rest like I said he is shit and boring and no it puts no perspective on it all.

He also gave birth to Jimmy Savile and Gary Glitter and on another occassion was seen spitting his dummy out in the direction of the pope.

Not to mention just how lucky he is not of been playing in one of the greatest assembled football teams of all times like somebody else.

Not to mention him being a cunt for setting so many La Liga records and scoring roughly over a third of his teams goals over a season.

The greedy cunt how dare he have 39 goal assissts for his team in 3 seasons.

It doesn't matter how many stats you use to back up your point, CR just doesn't have the 'awe factor' that Ronaldo does. He doesn't make you feel like a little kid, still excited by football. He takes fucking 300 shots per game so when a few of them go in you find yourself not giving a fuck. He can do all the tricks in the world, too, but it just seems contrived and machine like.

Ronaldo just makes me really happy when I think about him, he reminds me why I love football. Like Suarez, in that regard. That sort of off-the-cuff, creative genius is why people love football; it's why Messi and Maradona will always be revered above CR.

I'm just so blasé towards CR, he could score 3 goals a game from now til the end of his career and I don't think it would change my opinion. He'll never make me feel the way Ronaldo, Messi or Maradona do.

It doesn't matter how many stats you use to back up your point, CR just doesn't have the 'awe factor' that Ronaldo does. He doesn't make you feel like a little kid, still excited by football. He takes fucking 300 shots per game so when a few of them go in you find yourself not giving a fuck. He can do all the tricks in the world, too, but it just seems contrived and machine like.

Ronaldo just makes me really happy when I think about him, he reminds me why I love football. Like Suarez, in that regard. That sort of off-the-cuff, creative genius is why people love football; it's why Messi and Maradona will always be revered above CR.

I'm just so blasé towards CR, he could score 3 goals a game from now til the end of his career and I don't think it would change my opinion. He'll never make me feel the way Ronaldo, Messi or Maradona do.

Well said, perfectly put, etc.

Messi and Ronaldo are all about skills and pure technique. They make football an art. CR on the other hand is like a well oiled machine that goes through its routine.

Ronaldo all the way for me.

Well said, perfectly put, etc.

Messi and Ronaldo are all about skills and pure technique. They make football an art. CR on the other hand is like a well oiled machine that goes through its routine.

Ronaldo all the way for me.

Yup. Real Ronaldo and Messi are like artists, creating something beautiful with a hammer, and chisel. Crybaby Douchenaldo is a jackhammer.

I totally agree over the original I prefer him myself to ladyboy.

The OP question is who was the better player and no matter how much you hate ladyboy and how great you think the original was and how exciting a player he was it is a far far closer thing than 90% of the people here thought it was.

It s a natural re action to go against ladyboy everybody practically does.

But in reality everything points to it being Ladyboy.

And that is now and not by the time his carear ends.

People keep saying about originals injuries which is a really fair point.

The thing is they say oh he was fuked by the time he joined Madrid.

Well not to piss on there bonfires he wasnt fuked then,yes he had the carear threatening injury and suffered it again after only 7 minutes of his comeback.

He cameback 2002 and scored 15 goals(a new record) in the world cup and joined Madrid.

He also played over 90 league games in his first three seasons there.

It was the last two seasons there in which he piled on the weight and started having problems.

Playing 23 league games and only 7 in his last season when Fabio took over.

So many people say he was the best striker they ever seen play.

Maybe or infact probably for one or two seasons he was.

The thing that is the most important factor and is totally amazing he was only around 19 or 20.

That is something truely remarkable for somebody that young in the game to be getting the acclaim he was.

Would I say he was the greatest striker I have ever seen.

Yes for a couple of season.

But overall no I wouldnt Van Basten was better for longer so was Shever in his AC days.

You could add quite a few more maybe to that list.

I hate everything that ladyboy stands for and does and he is like a machine.

But to just start saying oh he is this that and the other and not look into what he is doing in that Madrid side and the records he has broke and is breaking isnt something to be ignored.

He is everything in this Madrid side take him out of it they wouldnt win a thing.

Take Messi out of Barcelona and Barcelona would probably carry on winning almost everything.