You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Navas has been a disappointment so far.

Negredo's been a revelation.

Demichelis is probably our version of your Toure... doing a job that needs doing, and doing it quite well.

I've no idea who will win the league this year... Something keeps telling me Arsenal really aren't that great, but they keep winning, and you can't really find fault with a team that are doing the business on the pitch.

Chelsea look vulnerable, much like City are, only City are better to watch. I'm worried City might be a mild version of Keegan's Newcastle though.

And then there's that lot down the road. The will creep up slowly, there'll be 12 games to go and they'll be in the running somehow...

I do fear that the longer Arsenal keep going, the more their confidence will grow and they'll become yet harder to beat. In principle I wouldn't mind them winning the league, if only they'd have some humility. But they won't.

For that reason, I'll stick with us lot!... we're still in the 'how the fuck did this happen?' mode... rather than "we always knew we were destined to be great" bollocks.

course... I'm biased.

Most City fans haven't been impressed so far. He's got lots of pace, but hasn't used it... he keeps coming inside and acting like Adam Johnson, rather than going round the outside - you know, knocking the ball past the left back and running around him.

That's not to say they think he's no good, simply that he's not delivered much yet, and we've possibly not worked out how to utilise him best either... but he's only been getting a look in due to Silva being injured.

Nasri's been putting in a proper shift this season. It's amazing really, the fans are singing his name now - due to the effort he's putting in. I like that. I'm convinced it makes a huge difference to players when the fans are on their side... but they need to realise that you have to work bloody hard to win over the fans.

I think Dzeko might be on his way in January.

Regarding pace though... City have been playing a a lot deeper of late, and breaking quickly. That's helped with the goals. Last season we got the Arsenal disease of trying to walk it into the net - and realising it's hard when teams have 10 men behind the ball.

I have to say though, Swansea played brilliantly today, and the scoreline doesn't reflect how hard it was for City. Swansea looked like Arsenal but without a strikeforce (today). Very impressed.

Pulis v Fat Sam, the game of football that would be last on your wishlist if you had the choice. Why the fuck aren't there any other games on tonight? There are far too many at the same time tomorrow.

Because 5 of the "big 6" played on Sunday and you need at least 2 days rest.

Because 5 of the "big 6" played on Sunday and you need at least 2 days rest.

Sure, and we could have played on Saturday if they could plan better, there were enough games on Sunday anyway. And they didn't even have a 12.45 game last Saturday. If they had done so the following could have been played tonight:

Crystal Palace v West Ham

Stoke v Cardiff

Liverpool v Norwich

Arsenal v Hull

That's nearly half of the games so the matchday could be evenly distributed over two days, just like it should have been last weekend.