You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yay! The don't hang about once they decide you're on the mend, do they?

Enjoy that first night back in your own bed

It may seem quick to you but feels like an age to me!

The NHS is a bloody marvel. Unbelievably dedicated staff, it's truly humbling. Makes me respect my now retired Mum who was a nurse for about 40 years all the more, she was like a celebrity when she visited.

• Upvote 1

It may seem quick to you but feels like an age to me!

The NHS is a bloody marvel. Unbelievably dedicated staff, it's truly humbling. Makes me respect my now retired Mum who was a nurse for about 40 years all the more, she was like a celebrity when she visited.

You only had your second op on Sunday didn't you?

Anyway, the important thing is you're getting home.

But, yeah, it's an amazing emergency service

I've somehow managed to tear my bicep near my elbow ands it's grim. It's constantly sore with regular shooting pains into my fingers and a loss of strength in my arm and hand.

I don't even know how I managed to do it exactly and now it looks like I need an op.

I'm blaming the Tories.

You only had your second op on Sunday didn't you?

Anyway, the important thing is you're getting home.

But, yeah, it's an amazing emergency service

No it was Thursday and I woke up Friday. Probably whinged about it on Sunday hence the confusion. Home to wife and Dad imminent, what's more it's our anniversary for one of our weddings so feels apt.

Guest Pistonbroke

I've somehow managed to tear my bicep near my elbow ands it's grim. It's constantly sore with regular shooting pains into my fingers and a loss of strength in my arm and hand.

I don't even know how I managed to do it exactly and now it looks like I need an op.

I'm blaming the Tories.

I could go with the obvious.........

Nah, good luck with getting it sorted mate, torn muscles are a pain. 

I'm blaming the Tories.

Haha. My mum feel and damaged the ligaments in her foot the day after the decision to call for a second Indy Ref was announced. She's still blaming 'that woman' for not watching what she was doing

I've had a cracking combination of annoying niggles for the last few weeks.

I keep getting bouts of dizziness, generally when I move my head.  I also have very stiff neck and shoulders.

I know some really good, gentle exercises which would sort the neck and shoulders out, but they make the dizziness come back with a vengeance.

I can manage the dizziness by trying to keep my head as still as possible, but this leads to my neck and shoulders getting stiffer.

I have to admit, it's starting to piss me off.

I've had a cracking combination of annoying niggles for the last few weeks.

I keep getting bouts of dizziness, generally when I move my head.  I also have very stiff neck and shoulders.

I know some really good, gentle exercises which would sort the neck and shoulders out, but they make the dizziness come back with a vengeance.

I can manage the dizziness by trying to keep my head as still as possible, but this leads to my neck and shoulders getting stiffer.

I have to admit, it's starting to piss me off.

You can't call them niggles.

That's their word.

• 2 weeks later...

Fucking hell. I've woke up with the mother of all spots, or the MOAS if you're a yank, right under my bottom lip. It's so big that I'm worried about leaving the house. Made even worse by the fact I need to shave today and I'm gonna go right over it with a razor in a minute.

Why now? I'm 29 in a couple of weeks (don't forget, Cath) and I've never been a spotty bastard.

Paint it silver, everyone will think its one of them body pierce things.

It may be better to be thought of as a knobhead, than a repulsive ugly cunt.

I've met people off here in real life. Each and every one of them will testify that I'm already both of those things.

Now I've got spots as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the dentist with a cracked tooth today.

Was expecting a filling - but the crack extended into the root so they had to pull it.

Had to break it into 7 pieces to get it out.

Not a pleasant 3 hours - or the rest of the day.

Vasectomy anyone? I'm lucky enough to be able to consider the family complete after the wife has given birth to 2 bundles of joy but after very worrying health issues as a result, had the snip on Sunday after all kinds off reassurances it would be painless during and then 'a bit uncomfortable' afterwards.

Complete fucking atrocity.

Hurt during, and after more than I ever thought was possible, complete fucking agony. Swollen like I've got elephantitis and the burning itch like nothing I've ever felt before, which I can't scratch because it's too tender and sore. Worst decision I ever made. And to top it all off I can't even have a wank to cheer myself up.

Do not, ever, ever have this done under any circumstances. It is not worth it.

• Upvote 3

Poison ivy. Looking for golf partners ball in the woods, full of poison ivy. Lower legs were full of blisters, seeping gunge, and it was spreading. Went to doctor and got steroid pills and after 2-3 days of them the blisters are going down and it's starting to get better. Need to finish the whole course.

Vasectomy

Had one of those years ago and I don't know what was different to what poor Geoff describes above, (repped for morale) but mine was pretty much painless. Small amount of discomfort but basically it was fine and I was exercising again pretty quickly afterwards.

Vasectomy anyone? I'm lucky enough to be able to consider the family complete after the wife has given birth to 2 bundles of joy but after very worrying health issues as a result, had the snip on Sunday after all kinds off reassurances it would be painless during and then 'a bit uncomfortable' afterwards.

Complete fucking atrocity.

Hurt during, and after more than I ever thought was possible, complete fucking agony. Swollen like I've got elephantitis and the burning itch like nothing I've ever felt before, which I can't scratch because it's too tender and sore. Worst decision I ever made. And to top it all off I can't even have a wank to cheer myself up.

Do not, ever, ever have this done under any circumstances. It is not worth it.

That sounds grim but come back in a week and tell us how you're feeling.

No need to ever have to consider contraception ever again? It absolutely is worth it

While I'm on the subject - anyone ever had a dental implant where they put a titanium post in and attach a crown?

If so, how was it?

Yeah, I had an implant for one of my front teeth a few years ago. Took a few visits to do but it was fine; uncomfortable but not particularly painful. It felt similar to having root canal work done. The results have been great too, looks spot on and no problems with it whatsoever.

That sounds grim but come back in a week and tell us how you're feeling.

No need to ever have to consider contraception ever again? It absolutely is worth it

After what Geoff has said I think I would prefer not bothering to have sex ever again rather than that.

Edit - I've asked the missus and she says she's all for the celibacy option too.

The whole Vasectomy thing is a scam.

Just a way of putting men through pain to get revenge over the having to bear the child thing - before turning around after and saying "I just don't have the drive I did before we had kids".