You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Get to an osteopath as soon as they are open if they’re not already.

Been to a few mate, they do provide short term relief but as soon as I stop going it comes back. Ideally I'd go every week for the rest of my life but at £40 a time I can't afford it.

3 hours ago, Elite said:

Been to a few mate, they do provide short term relief but as soon as I stop going it comes back. Ideally I'd go every week for the rest of my life but at £40 a time I can't afford it.

It is expensive my back was totally done and it sorted me out years ago, I still go but just for the crack.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

It is expensive my back was totally done and it sorted me out years ago, I still go but just for the crack.

I can manage most of the time mate, just when I have a flare up it feels like the end of the world but it generally improves after a week or so.

I have a dull ache even on my good days but I can cope with that, some people have it far worse and everyone probably has their own niggles.

12 minutes ago, Elite said:

I can manage most of the time mate, just when I have a flare up it feels like the end of the world but it generally improves after a week or so.

I have a dull ache even on my good days but I can cope with that, some people have it far worse and everyone probably has their own niggles.

It is a horrible feeling and messes with your whole body. I do 3 stretches, with your back flat on the ground bring bring your knees to your chest and hold for 5 seconds. Flat on your back and feet flat on the floor knees pointing up then stretch to both sides keeping your back flat if possible. The other one is all fours stretch opposite arm and leg and hold like a pointer haha.

• 3 weeks later...

Back pain has to be one of the most debilitating 'non-serious' conditions out there. I have broken bones and torn ligaments before and I would honestly take 2 broken legs right now if it meant I could get off this hell ride where I dont know when I'm going to end up bedridden for no good reason. I messed up my back about 6 weeks ago and it was slowly getting better until I coughed while brushing my teeth today. I can now barely walk and have spent all day calling everyone under the sun a cunt. Behaviour that passes for normal over on the FF but funnily enough doesnt go down too well in the office.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Herp McDerp said:

Back pain has to be one of the most debilitating 'non-serious' conditions out there. I have broken bones and torn ligaments before and I would honestly take 2 broken legs right now if it meant I could get off this hell ride where I dont know when I'm going to end up bedridden for no good reason. I messed up my back about 6 weeks ago and it was slowly getting better until I coughed while brushing my teeth today. I can now barely walk and have spent all day calling everyone under the sun a cunt. Behaviour that passes for normal over on the FF but funnily enough doesnt go down too well in the office.

Feel your pain, mate. It's hellish

Movement of any sort agony and coughing/sneezing is torture

Happens maybe once every 18 months for me and tends to last about 6 weeks. Lots of hot baths, stretching, osteo and codeine for me although I hear weed can be very good

• Upvote 1

Anyone else started with hayfever yet? Not strictly hayfever but what I suspect is tree pollen allergy. 

I unexpectedly had a sneezing episode yesterday evening which did sort itself out but  was woken up about 01.30 with an agonisingly irritated throat and inside my ears. If I could turn my head inside out and rinse it in cold water I would have done. I got up and found some antihistamine tablets but it was a good half hour before I could settle enough to go back to bed. Agony

52 minutes ago, Champ said:

Anyone else started with hayfever yet? Not strictly hayfever but what I suspect is tree pollen allergy. 

I unexpectedly had a sneezing episode yesterday evening which did sort itself out but  was woken up about 01.30 with an agonisingly irritated throat and inside my ears. If I could turn my head inside out and rinse it in cold water I would have done. I got up and found some antihistamine tablets but it was a good half hour before I could settle enough to go back to bed. Agony

My sinuses have been clogged up a bit the last couple of days.

It usually happens to me when the leaves on the trees start to show themselves so it's a little early this year.

No other symptoms as yet though.

I find the antihistamine nasal spray to be far better than tablets. You can buy them over the counter.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

My sinuses have been clogged up a bit the last couple of days.

It usually happens to me when the leaves on the trees start to show themselves so it's a little early this year.

No other symptoms as yet though.

I find the antihistamine nasal spray to be far better than tablets. You can buy them over the counter.

Plus one for nasal spray for allergies. About two summers ago I had allergies all summer and out of the blue. Looked online and bought a spray and within a couple of days I was 'cured' and have hardly used any since. Pirinase was the one that worked for me.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Plus one for nasal spray for allergies. About two summers ago I had allergies all summer and out of the blue. Looked online and bought a spray and within a couple of days I was 'cured' and have hardly used any since. Pirinase was the one that worked for me.

That's the one I use. Marvellous stuff.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

Nightmare mate, sorry to hear about it. For what it's worth my advice would be to try and get on top of the agony with painkillers, keep moving and if you're getting nowhere see a good physio - they can be worth their weight in gold.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else had achilles tendinitis before, and if so, how long did it last?

Pretty sure I’ve got that now from exercising, fucking killing me and most places say to resolve the issue you have to rest it for three months! Can’t be doing with that.

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

Pretty sure I’ve got that now from exercising, fucking killing me and most places say to resolve the issue you have to rest it for three months! Can’t be doing with that.

I think I may of had it I'm not sure. It felt like I had to walk flat footed, walking up and down stairs felt like something was going to snap.  Mine felt more to the sides of the achilles tendon though. I had it for around 3 weeks. I started stretching the ankle gently and a bit more each day. As soon as I thought it was healed I went on the treadmill and set it off for another week. I let that heal so I was confident of running went for a run and fucked my knees. Age is a bastard. So is stupidity. I'm going to try running again Sunday.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Fucking ages.

And it’s never got better for me without private physio. And you think the condition’s bad, wait til they get their hands on you

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Once you get over 30 vigorous exercise does more than than good. I long for the glory days of 18-30 when you could get hit by a train and then squat purps of an evening for 12 reps easy. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Elite said:

Once you get over 30 vigorous exercise does more than than good. I long for the glory days of 18-30 when you could get hit by a train and then squat purps of an evening for 12 reps easy. 

Is that what happens on Club 18-30 holidays?

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think I may of had it I'm not sure. It felt like I had to walk flat footed, walking up and down stairs felt like something was going to snap.  Mine felt more to the sides of the achilles tendon though. I had it for around 3 weeks. I started stretching the ankle gently and a bit more each day. As soon as I thought it was healed I went on the treadmill and set it off for another week. I let that heal so I was confident of running went for a run and fucked my knees. Age is a bastard. So is stupidity. I'm going to try running again Sunday.

2 hours ago, Champ said:

Fucking ages.

And it’s never got better for me without private physio. And you think the condition’s bad, wait til they get their hands on you

Fantastic. Killed me off this, just got into a good routine and now I have to pack it all in. 

4 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Got it last year in lockdown.  Or at least, in that exact anatomical area.

From walking around the block religiously for about 53 minutes, every fucking day, for three months.

Had trouble getting out of bed and walking to have a piss most mornings.

Ignored it. Endured it.

Kept walking.

The more I walked, the more it hurt in the mornings but the more it seemed to desist when I kept persisting with the walking.

And am relatively fine now.  And I'm probably much older than you.

That's an amateur quack recounting of what happened to me.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, skaro said:

Got it last year in lockdown.  Or at least, in that exact anatomical area.

From walking around the block religiously for about 53 minutes, every fucking day, for three months.

Had trouble getting out of bed and walking to have a piss most mornings.

Ignored it. Endured it.

Kept walking.

The more I walked, the more it hurt in the mornings but the more it seemed to desist when I kept persisting with the walking.

And am relatively fine now.  And I'm probably much older than you.

That's an amateur quack recounting of what happened to me.

I’m very much the type of person to try and ‘walk things off’ but everything I’m reading says that will make it worse. Think I’ll just rest it until Monday and see how it feels then. If it’s alright I’ll just try a 5k walk or something and see how I get on, if it’s still hurting I’ll make an appointment with the doctor. 

• Like 1