You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Are you anxious as well?

Definitely. My mind never switches off. I found the more I had pain the more I would worry about it, which caused more tension which created more pain like an endless cycle.

I thought that programme would be a load of bollocks but it's helped me a lot. It doesn't all go away instantly but I did that last Christmas and apart from a few odd weeks I've pretty much much been pain free.

9 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I have runners knee at the moment - it’s fucking agony. 

I’m eating naproxen like smarties. 

I don't find Ibuprofen/Naproxen helps at all with any injuries I've had. Really bad for your stomach as well.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Elite said:

I don't find Ibuprofen/Naproxen helps at all with any injuries I've had. Really bad for your stomach as well.

I had a gippy knee about 6 weeks ago and the Doc gave me naproxen and some other tablets for the stomach. Sorted the knee out in 2 weeks... still not quite right but no pain anymore which is a big relief. Was hobbling around like an 90 year old with a stick

3 minutes ago, mattyq said:

I had a gippy knee about 6 weeks ago and the Doc gave me naproxen and some other tablets for the stomach. Sorted the knee out in 2 weeks... still not quite right but no pain anymore which is a big relief. Was hobbling around like an 90 year old with a stick

Is that cockney rhyming slang for 'Chippy Tea'?

I don't bother with NSAIDs, I go straight to the hard stuff like Tramadol and Heroin these days.

10 minutes ago, Elite said:

Is that cockney rhyming slang for 'Chippy Tea'?

I don't bother with NSAIDs, I go straight to the hard stuff like Tramadol and Heroin these days.

Chippy tea! That's suddenly made me very hungry

Had to give up the heroin and crack cocaine as they were playing havoc with my piles

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

I got a TENS machine to try and help with my hip pain.  No idea if it’s all a load of bollocks but I absolutely love the pleasure/pain feeling it gives*.  I’ll be in a gimp mask with electrodes on my nipples by the end of the month.

*I didn’t enjoy trying to take it off whilst it was still on and getting a shock on my fingers, they started to spasm, the pads are sticky so I couldn’t take them off and I ran around the living room like a twat.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I got a TENS machine to try and help with my hip pain.  No idea if it’s all a load of bollocks but I absolutely love the pleasure/pain feeling it gives*.  I’ll be in a gimp mask with electrodes on my nipples by the end of the month.

*I didn’t enjoy trying to take it off whilst it was still on and getting a shock on my fingers, they started to spasm, the pads are sticky so I couldn’t take them off and I ran around the living room like a twat.  

You've been sticking them on your balls haven't you?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Tens is deffo one for the getting older thread. They were probably invented by the Gestapo weren't they, until someone realised if you turned them down a bit they were a decent laugh. The machines, not the Gestapo. 

Some cunt probably didn't wet the sponge and the intended victim got welcome relief from his chronic migraines instead.

The wife had one when she was pregnant to ease back pain.  It worked a bit.  I don’t think this is helping me as it’s bone on bone in my hip joint, so miles away from the surface of the skin. It just feels nice.  

The machine is tiny too, about the size of a credit card but it whacks a punch.  Just off to put the Henry the Hoover over my balls. 

47 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Aren't they for when you piss yourself, you old cunt.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Got an ear infection and am genuinely contemplating suicide. Curious mix of hot knitting needle down the ear, deafness and feeling like my face is going to fall off. Tremendous craic. 

Stick a tens pad down your ear lobe.

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I believe there have been studies showing that when touch neurons are activated they can provide some mitigation to pain as they work on the same spinothalamic pathway as sensory neurons. Turns out people rubbing kid's knees when they've grazed them are actually scientists.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

I believe there have been studies showing that when touch neurons are activated they can provide some mitigation to pain as they work on the same spinothalamic pathway as sensory neurons. Turns out people rubbing kid's knees when they've grazed them are actually scientists.

And, on occasion, paedos.

• Upvote 1