You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yes, I think Brailsford is full of shit. All this talk about how Sky would do it differently and have nothing to do with the historic doping culture of the sport then he hires

1) Dr Gert Lienders the man was at Rabobank when Michael Rasmussen was kicked off the tour in 2007 when leading it.

2) Sean Yates, Lance Armstrong's Directeur Sportif at Discovery and a guy with a very dodgy EPO near miss when the second sample mysteriously disappeared after the first one was positive

3) Bobby Julich podium in 98 tour behind pantani and ullrich, yeah he'll be clean.

and now little JTL.

To the occasional British cycling fan Brailsford looks like a genius but go on a cycling forum and you'll see they all think he's a sanctimonious prick.

• Upvote 1

My favourite race of the year today, the Giro di Lombardia and my missus is away. The most beautiful route of any race in the season around the shores and over the mountains surrounding Lake Como. I did the Madonna di Ghisallo in July but couldnt make it up the 30% slopes of the Muro di Sormano. Bigger gears required next time, much bigger.

3.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Sign up for something difficult in the spring. I recommend the paris-roubaix sportive, its 170kms and 52kms are over cobblestones.

I hate cobbles.

But you're right; a goal for the Spring is a good plan. And there's the Etape, of course.

I'm hoping I can avoid the dreaded turbo trainer

Need somthing harder than that, 80 miles and mostly flat is a breeze. As soon as I'm back in work I'll be booking my flights to somewhere mountainous. Might try the Pyrennees this year as there is a new flight from Manchester to Toulouse, its either that or back to the Alps. I've done galibier and iseran so really need to do bonnette to tick the 2500m+ cols in France but its so bloody remote and only open for 3 month a year.

Need somthing harder than that, 80 miles and mostly flat is a breeze. As soon as I'm back in work I'll be booking my flights to somewhere mountainous. Might try the Pyrennees this year as there is a new flight from Manchester to Toulouse, its either that or back to the Alps. I've done galibier and iseran so really need to do bonnette to tick the 2500m+ cols in France but its so bloody remote and only open for 3 month a year.

I'm looking for a breeze after my humiliation in the Glasgow to Edinburgh sportive in September. That will do for me, I reckon

I'm looking for a breeze after my humiliation in the Glasgow to Edinburgh sportive in September. That will do for me, I reckon

Not at £65 a throw, I dont think so. I'll organise my own ride, thanks. 

However, what is pressing today are my cold feet. Very cold, numb feet. I missed all this last year but now its bloody freezing out there, what do people wear to keep their feet warm when they're out...or is this another on for the World of a Woman thread?

*wanders off shaking head and muttering bloody women*

What've I said now? I cant wash and get my shoes dry before the next time I want to wear them, so running a pair of overshoes under the tap, that will then dry in next to no time, seems a very good idea to me