You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Charities are becoming annoying cunts.

Magic Sponge

I might be wrong but didn't the Tories change legislation in the eighties so 'charities' could get away with giving 5% of their income to good causes and still keep their charity status? Most of the clothes bags that come through my door are this kind (having read the small print - they have to state this percentage, or their minimum donation) so I chuck them out and donate on the high street. Usually to kids cancer places. Best way is to text though. Do mosquito nets like that. Easy.

I donate £20 a month to Amnesty International, started doing it after I went to Auschwitz. I can't really afford it but they do mither me to up it. Last blert phoned me (they're always cockney students) was trying to get 80p a month extra after initially trying for another £5. What kind of 'it's already more than I can afford' don't they get sometimes? I wouldn't mind if they didn't send me a glossy magazine every month which looks like it's worth about £2 and probably gets sent to about 100,000 people.

I donate £20 a month to Amnesty International, started doing it after I went to Auschwitz. I can't really afford it but they do mither me to up it. Last blert phoned me (they're always cockney students) was trying to get 80p a month extra after initially trying for another £5. What kind of 'it's already more than I can afford' don't they get sometimes? I wouldn't mind if they didn't send me a glossy magazine every month which looks like it's worth about £2 and probably gets sent to about 100,000 people.

Years ago, I was on a "monthly plan" with Amnesty, getting debited from my credit card acccount. After a year it stopped and I thought, fair enough must have been a 12 month pledge.

Anyway, a year later, I get hit for a bulk bill of a few hundred bucks. They'd encountered some difficulties with my credit card number, they told me, and these were the "back payments" for the previous year.

I told them I'd have appreciated a call at the time explaining the predicament, rather than making those types of assumptions with my money after such a long time frame had elapsed.

And took my charity business elsewhere.

Support ur local small charities is my advice.

The likes of the rspca and nspcc are sitting on millions but continue to rake it in. Wtf does the nspcc do anyway these days?

Yes the shops are becoming more prominent as shops close down but Im more annoyed about betting shops, theres more of them than houses in poor areas sucking all the poor peoples money and putting it in some richmans offshore account at least charity shops invest their money back into the community.

Im more annoyed about betting shops, theres more of them than houses in poor areas sucking all the poor peoples money and putting it in some richmans offshore account

Evil gambling magnates forcing poor people into their outlets at gunpoint, no doubt :whatever:

Evil gambling magnates forcing poor people into their outlets at gunpoint, no doubt :whatever:

I don't usually poke my nose in when you're in full flow, let alone in defense of Dennis, but where there is hopelessness there will be people flocking to somewhere they can, potentially, buy it.

Take any provincial town down on it's luck and you'll find bookies are popping up to claw whatever money they can from people who are looking for salvation via speculation.

If you don't see it I'll take you on a tour and introduce you to people who are looking for a way out of misery by any means they can, this is in a lot of cases the quick fix easy way, gamble, be it scratch cards or the nags, but it exists in reality.

Nobody is forcing them, but it may be the only option they see.

As opposed to charity shops?

Aside from that your post is retarded, betting shops, places like the money shop deliberately target the poor areas, thats not something they themselves dispute.

Quite why a gun is relevant at all is beyond me, if this post was to give me something to think about, its slim pickings dont you think.

At least give me something to get me teef into, a nigger starvin out here. I got to eat too!

I don't usually poke my nose in when you're in full flow, let alone in defense of Dennis, but where there is hopelessness there will be people flocking to somewhere they can, potentially, buy it.

Take any provincial town down on it's luck and you'll find bookies are popping up to claw whatever money they can from people who are looking for salvation via speculation.

If you don't see it I'll take you on a tour and introduce you to people who are looking for a way out of misery by any means they can, this is in a lot of cases the quick fix easy way, gamble, be it scratch cards or the nags, but it exists in reality.

Nobody is forcing them, but it may be the only option they see.

What are you squawking about youre my number one fan on here. You love it.

You couldnt script it, you really couldnt.

What are you squawking about youre my number one fan on here. You love it.

You couldnt script it, you really couldnt.

Script what Dennis, you're very public mental unraveling?

And yes, I am a fan of yours, but only because it makes me feel a little giddy inside when I wake up and thank the heavens I don't have to be you.

• 7 years later...

Saw the absolute nadir of charity chugging in town on Saturday.

You've got to pay 20p to have a piss in St John's market and there was a bloke stood BEHIND the barrier while you were putting your money in to walk through jangling a bucket. 

Shithousery of the highest level.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I remember going into a boozer in Pompey on Boxing Day to watch the unmentionable one year and two young lads about 10 had a bucket on the floor that just said on it 'Tsunami Appeal'. The fucking thing had barely hit Thailand 12 hours before. Threw them some change as I admired their cheek. 

34 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

You've got to pay 20p to have a piss in St John's market and there was a bloke stood BEHIND the barrier while you were putting your money in to walk through jangling a bucket. 

Simply piss in the bucket. 

1 minute ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Watching soccer aid the standard donation suggestion was £20 which seems really steep. I always throw a couple of quid to things like that but I'm not in a position to be throwing scores around like Rockefeller

Someone’s got to pay for the player’s first class flights, nice hotel, alcohol and food. I bet it’s an absolute gravy train getting on the soccer aid and similar circuit.

If you walk through runcorn shopping city you've got to actually slalem past the cunts, you can get them in three or four doorways at any given time. 

Bearing in mind the vast majority of people shopping there are disabled, elderly or otherwise probably on the breadline, there's something just not right about it. 

Multinational charities hiring wannabes Apprentice contestants to harangue, and I mean fucking harangue people who themselves probably don't have a pot to piss in is pretty shit in my view.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

If you walk through runcorn shopping city you've got to actually slalem past the cunts, you can get them in three or four doorways at any given time. 

Bearing in mind the vast majority of people shopping there are disabled, elderly or otherwise probably on the breadline, there's something just not right about it. 

Multinational charities hiring wannabes Apprentice contestants to harangue, and I mean fucking harangue people who themselves probably don't have a pot to piss in is pretty shit in my view.

The mains hopping street in Hammersmith was like that. Every other cunt was an Australian star jumping at you:

"G'day would like like to save a Walrus?"

Err sorry I'm on me dinner, in a bit of a rush

"Oh so you like dead animals do you"

fuckin BANG!!!! 

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yep, there's been a whole gaggle of the fuckers in Liscard this week, all dressed like estate agents, hassling people as they pop into McDonald's and Cash Converters. 

It can't be fertile ground for them, surely?

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Negged for "chugging".

14 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I think that’s a bit unfair, Mark. If you go on any of these job websites and type in charity as a job type, you’ll see lots of charities advertising for people. The wage is low, but if you’re trying to get yourself on the job then it’s there.