You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

The going for a drink (coffee or pub) is weird, it just shouts "I don't want an actual relationship and aren't interested in talking to you", but in your 20s that's not too bad, at least they're honest about it. A bunch of others would be absolutely fine, if you know the other person's interests could sustain it (movie, sports etc).

Obv if you're going for a meal, probably best to aim a bit higher than Spoons, which I guess is the equivalent to many of these.

Inviting a rando from an app straight back to your house for a first date is serial killer stuff.

The family function one is a great idea, as long as you're the one that doesn't know anyone. Loads of random, awkward conversations and the highest expectation is that you're not too weird. It'd be like a TSOP outing.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

People who fucking yap. I've got about three people who regularly phone me  through work and the absolute bare minimum phone call length is 20 minutes a time, it can go as high as an hour+. The actual 'work' content of the call is about five minutes or less, and the rest is one way chewing the fat. I actually have to factor whether or not I'm going to answer the phone to them into my day, as if I've got to go out somewhere I can't take the call. One person rang me once and in the time I was on the phone just listening to them talk, I ate my dinner - had a shit - and drove all the way to town to meet a mate. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

People who fucking yap. I've got about three people who regularly phone me  through work and the absolute bare minimum phone call length is 20 minutes a time, it can go as high as an hour+. The actual 'work' content of the call is about five minutes or less, and the rest is one way chewing the fat. I actually have to factor whether or not I'm going to answer the phone to them into my day, as if I've got to go out somewhere I can't take the call. One person rang me once and in the time I was on the phone just listening to them talk, I ate my dinner - had a shit - and drove all the way to town to meet a mate. 

That sounds like hell

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Remmie said:

people who regularly phone me

Absolutely fuckers.

They’re in the same lane as those who turn up at your house unannounced, although it’s easier to screen calls than hide behind the sofa.

I’ve a mate that does this. He phones, I ignore it, then message him (like a normal person) to find out what he wants. He then phones me back. This has been going on for around twenty years. He finds the whole thing very amusing. I don’t find the whole thing very amusing. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

Absolutely fuckers.

They’re in the same lane as those who turn up at your house unannounced, although it’s easier to screen calls than hide behind the sofa.

I’ve a mate that does this. He phones, I ignore it, then message him (like a normal person) to find out what he wants. He then phones me back. This has been going on for around twenty years. He finds the whole thing very amusing. I don’t find the whole thing very amusing. 

Are there not rules about contact from probation officers ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

People who want to talk have an undefeated record against those of us who want silence.

• Haha 1

I can't stand blethers.

There is someone at my work who will come across and ask me something then when I've answered, she'll just linger saying things like 'Oh well'. She'll stand there for about 20 seconds doing this, it's quite awkward (she does it with everyone).

I'm sitting thinking 'Have you not fucked off yet?'.

25 minutes ago, Mook said:

I can't stand blethers.

There is someone at my work who will come across and ask me something then when I've answered, she'll just linger saying things like 'Oh well'. She'll stand there for about 20 seconds doing this, it's quite awkward (she does it with everyone).

I'm sitting thinking 'Have you not fucked off yet?'.

Are you sure she doesn't fancy you? Is she fit? 

14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Are you sure she doesn't fancy you? Is she fit? 

If you can remember my rants on here a few years back, it's the grassing French snake, who I absolutely hate. I wouldn't shag her if she was Magot Robbie's doppelganger.

I don't think she fancies me though, she does the weird lingering thing with everyone, clearly doesn't have enough work to do.

9 minutes ago, Mook said:

If you can remember my rants on here a few years back, it's the grassing French snake, who I absolutely hate. I wouldn't shag her if she was Magot Robbie's doppelganger.

I don't think she fancies me though, she does the weird lingering thing with everyone, clearly doesn't have enough work to do.

Maybe she's a spy.