You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CARLING CUP FINAL

The Chef

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm a pain but I really don't think this is cut and dried. Cardiff are riding high in the Championship and are a difficult team to beat.

It is so important that we go into this game with the right attitude (I still have nightmares about Wimbledon) and I really hope that the team is not treating it as lightly as some posters seem to be.

I also hope I'm very wrong and you can tell me I'm a cunt on Sunday evening.

Superstitiously yours.....

I hope we don't do what we have in other big games this season. Kept Bellamy and a few other attacking players on the bench and bring them on after 60 / 70 minutes.

In a few of those games we have been behind and it is too late for Bellamy etc to change the game as we saw against City 3-0 and United when we were 2-0 down when he came on.

Play our best attacking players as Dave / Paul said in the podcast and that must include Bellamy, Gerrard and Suarez... I'd also include Carroll in that on current form. The other attacking player I'd have is Maxi, simply becaise he gets into the box and scores more goals than Downing.

Being a natural pessimist, I'm not really looking forward to this.

Given our performances against teams we should beat, and memories of being the favourite in finals (Wimbledon, Birmingham, Alaves) worries me a little.

On the up side, we have put teams of Cardiffs standard to the sword in the cups this year.

I don't know, just the fear of failure is out-weighing the anticipation of a trophy.

Being a natural pessimist, I'm not really looking forward to this.

Given our performances against teams we should beat, and memories of being the favourite in finals (Wimbledon, Birmingham, Alaves) worries me a little.

On the up side, we have put teams of Cardiffs standard to the sword in the cups this year.

I don't know, just the fear of failure is out-weighing the anticipation of a trophy.

We won 2 of those 3 mate, couldn't give a shit about the performance on Sunday as along as we bring the cup home!

Suarez and Kuyt must start.

why Kuyt?

as far as I see it for pretty much every game Pepe,Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Gerrard, Bellamy and Suarez must start if available whilst the other 3 places are for the rest of the squad to battle out for

I wouldn't start Kuyt, our best chance of winning is to really get at them and play fast flowing football and create chances Bellamy and Suarez either side of Big Andy for me

buzzing for this, fancy us to dominate the game similar to FA cup final last year city vs stoke, would go with:

-----------------------------------Reina-----------------------------------------------------

Johnson-----------------Skrtel---------Agger---------------------Enrique

--------------Henderson------Gerrard------------Adam------------------

Kuyt-------------------Suarez-------------------Bellamy.

why Kuyt?

as far as I see it for pretty much every game Pepe,Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Gerrard, Bellamy and Suarez must start if available whilst the other 3 places are for the rest of the squad to battle out for

I wouldn't start Kuyt, our best chance of winning is to really get at them and play fast flowing football and create chances Bellamy and Suarez either side of Big Andy for me

Simple. Because Kuyt is a big game player.

If we wanna play fast flowing football, Carroll should be on the bench and Kuyt start.

Simple. Because Kuyt is a big game player.

If we wanna play fast flowing football, Carroll should be on the bench and Kuyt start.

Kuyt is best playing against teams at a similar or higher ability than us, against teams we need to dominate he is nowhere near as effective, imagine having as a defender having Bellamy and Suarez run rings around you either side of a powerhouse like Carroll, you'd be shitting it