You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CARLING CUP FINAL

The Chef

Our best team is this:

--------------------------Reina-------------------------

Magic--------Skrtel--------------------Agger-------Enrique

-------------Adam-----------------Gerrard--------------

Bellamy---------Suarez-------------Carroll----------Downing

I don't see what Downing has done in his time here to say he gets in our best team.

Maxi has done more than him this season in far less appearances.

I am fairly sure Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Carroll and Suarez will start. I hope Bellamy also starts and he should do. Dalglish loves Henderson so I think he will start as well (but I personally wouldn't start him).

So I think Adam, Downing, Kuyt, Maxi and Spearing are fighting it out for two places, Maxi being the leats likely to start (but not sure why).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
Ahhhh, nice to see some bird from Chicago bringing her mum because she's never been to a match before.

Cunts.

They no doubt scored tickets from the club endorsed touting system.

For all of us who didn't get a ticket

Your Wembley travel plans - Liverpool FC

Those stories must be bollocks, you couldn't make half of them up.

Next season I am going to just turn up for finals in other European countries via club authorised touts, just to piss off regular fans.

I would feel like a massive twat turning up for one game a season and trying to chat to fans knowing that they think I am a tit. Magic Sponge experiences this when he turns up at the match

Guest alantkayll

Another one to exchange their derby tickets.

My father, Steinar Vardehaug, turned 60 last December, and he has been a devoted Liverpool FC fan since he was a little boy. I thought that a trip to Liverpool to see his favorite team play at Anfield would be the perfect birthday present. As his present, he chose to go to the match between Liverpool and Everton, scheduled this weekend. Luckily, we were offered to change the tickets to the final at Wembley and my father was really happy to get the opportunity to go see LFC win the trophy.

Hilde Vardehaug (Trondheim, Norway)

Fucking hell, these stories are ridiculous.

I'm hoping to get a job coaching in America next year & was going to keep my season ticket and make my Dad sell it on a game by game basis in case we got to any finals etc.

No point, I might as well just e-mail the club with some sob story and let them give me one & save myself the hassle.

Another one to exchange their derby tickets.

My father, Steinar Vardehaug, turned 60 last December, and he has been a devoted Liverpool FC fan since he was a little boy. I thought that a trip to Liverpool to see his favorite team play at Anfield would be the perfect birthday present. As his present, he chose to go to the match between Liverpool and Everton, scheduled this weekend. Luckily, we were offered to change the tickets to the final at Wembley and my father was really happy to get the opportunity to go see LFC win the trophy.

Hilde Vardehaug (Trondheim, Norway)

This is bullshit. I, like many others, tried and failed to get a ticket for the final. I'm not bitter about it because I think there are others more deserving that go more often than me. This kind of shit is bullshit.

Guest ShoePiss
Fucking hell, these stories are ridiculous.

I'm hoping to get a job coaching in America next year & was going to keep my season ticket and make my Dad sell it on a game by game basis in case we got to any finals etc.

No point, I might as well just e-mail the club with some sob story and let them give me one & save myself the hassle.

Do you remember the vouchers you used to get at the kop turnstyles to be used for cup or important league games years ago? That's what your derby ticket is now, just don't sell that one and you're sound.

Guest ShoePiss
anyway' date=' [b']away from all this superfan snobbery[/b], i´m buzzing like a buzzard over a dying buffalo for this one.

if all goes well i´ll be sipping on a celebratory whiskey by lunchtime over here come sunday.

come on you redmen!

I don't understand what you mean.

it means when i come onto this thread 48 hours ahead of the final i want to see everybody buzzing about the game whether theyre going, watching it from L4, malmo or wherever.

i can understand frustrations about missing out on tickets but that should be limited to a separate thread.

come on you redmen!

Guest ShoePiss
it means when i come onto this thread 48 hours ahead of the final i want to see everybody buzzing about the game whether theyre going' date=' watching it from L4, malmo or wherever.

i can understand frustrations about missing out on tickets but that should be limited to a separate thread.

come on you redmen![/quote']

How do your expectations not being met equate to a display of superfan snobbery?

I think you need to shut the fuck up actually.

If Bellers scores, he's better celebrate. None of this Denis fucking Law sanctimonious bullshit of respecting the feelings of your fromer fans. I never had a problem with a former player celebrating scoring against us in the past: Beardsley, Collymore etc.

It's Wembley ffs!

I can understand Bellamy not celebrating if he scores. He's from Cardiff, his entire family support them, his life long ambition was to play for them - which he did, so its a bit different to Collymore scoring against us. I expect Bellamy to give 100% to win the game for Liverpool, and i fully expect him to do that - and if he scores, i would expect him not to go overboard with the celebrations. No problem whatsoever from me. Carry on.

Guest ShoePiss
If Bellers scores, he's better celebrate. None of this Denis fucking Law sanctimonious bullshit of respecting the feelings of your fromer fans. I never had a problem with a former player celebrating scoring against us in the past: Beardsley, Collymore etc.

It's Wembley ffs!

I'm sure I read something yesterday where he said he won't be celebrating if he scores. I'll try and find it, personally I think it's fine seeing as it's Cardiff.

Edit: BBC Sport - Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy 'not looking forward' to playing Cardiff

I'm sure I read something yesterday where he said he won't be celebrating if he scores. I'll try and find it, personally I think it's fine seeing as it's Cardiff.

Edit: BBC Sport - Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy 'not looking forward' to playing Cardiff

Ian Ayre has a statement of apology ready just in case he decides to celebrate.

Do many others here try purposefully to miss all the hype and buildup to these games until the last 24-36 hours? I have to or else it'd drive me mental. I've almost totally stayed away from any coverage about it recently but by kick off on sunday my nerves will be in bits. I guess it getting well into saturday has made me think about it.

One thing I noticed was Ian Rush on the BBC as I checked the footie feed during the week, and he was commenting about how Cardiff will be up for this game so much and that we need to focus because they'll be hoping (not following what he said word for word, just the meaning.) that we aren't going 100% at it and get at us that way.

I just hope that Kenny drums into every member of our team how important this really is. Clearly they'll realise on one level that they're at wembley, etc, but that's obviously only half of it. We have to put everything into this match that we can and try to get the trophy, and being anywhere less than 100% just because it isn't premier league opposition will probably hit us on the arse badly if we're not focused.

Saying that I think they'll realise this and cannot wait until it starts.

Come on you red men!

Edited by Red Phoenix

I can't see us not being fully focused for this game, other than the first 30 mins against Oldham, we've given the lower league opponents the respect that they deserve but put in a performace every time... Oldham and Brighton (twice) so I wouldn't expect us to walk out at Wembley already thinking that we've won it just because we are there.

I also think that Birmingham beating Arsenal in last years final will be a blessing in disguise for us and I'm certain that it will be mentioned as to what can happen if you are not on your game in a final.

I can't fucking wait now...