You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tom Adeyemi

redsoxs

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only copying it over, haven't a clue. Dougie, all I would say though is not everyone who goes the match posts on twitter and internet forums. There may have been plenty who heard it, likewise this feller may have misheard it and thought he heard something which he didn't. I hope it's bollocks but he obviously seems quite sure if he's reported it to the police. Like I said, hopefully it's bollocks.
Hopefully it is bollocks.

I'm confident that if someone sitting in the LC heard this shout, then the pitch side microphones will have picked it up too. How many times have we all watched a televised game and something shouted from the crowed aimed at a player has been broadcast ? It happens all the time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the area between the LC and Kop wide open where some stewards and police stand ? It's the area just below the match day control room.

I cant give your previous post that it "Seems all our fears may be justified after all" much credence as I find it more than a little odd that this 'ear' witness was so overcome with the situation that he felt the need to leave the game early for the first time. Yet, he was so sure about what he had just heard, he needed the opinion of and advice of the people on RAWK in order to contact the authorities.

Cheers mate. I bet you're sorry you posted that now!

Haha no mate, I understand everyone's pretty highly strung about the whole issue at the moment. I agree with everyone in that there are many reasons to doubt the posts from the lad, loads of questions to be asked. However I just think we'd be daft to rule anything out. Things have got a habit from going bad to worse were Liverpool Football Club are concerned, and when you least expect it. I'm just expecting the worst to be honest.

Liverpool Football Club continue to work closely with Merseyside Police to establish all the facts surrounding the incident that occurred during last night's game.

We take this matter extremely seriously and have today provided the Police with the evidence we currently have available to us.

This includes CCTV coverage and still photography of what we believe to be the relevant part of the stadium, statements from matchday stewards in that area and full access to all the footage captured by the cameras filming the match for our in-house tv operation.

In addition, we have examined records of the tickets purchased in that part of the ground to see if they provide any additional information and have passed that on to the Police.

Finally, we would also urge any of our supporters who witnessed this incident or saw the individual involved and who have not already done so, to contact either the Club or the Police.

LFC

No need to panic now that rawk have everything under control.

There getting banners made for the kop saying were not racist and others are emailing Oldham to pass on messages to the player.

Rumours of a charity record involving members of rawks x factor is in the pipeline to I hear.

Lead story on Channel 4 news too. Presenter suggesting we should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute because of the ALLEGED racist abuse and because we are yet to release any sort of statement condemning the same ALLEGED racist abuse, you know, the incident that is still being fully investigated by the club and the police.

I fucking hate the press. It's open season against us now....batten down the hatches....

Sorry if this already been said but how the fuck can that cunt Holt do a article on what went on.

The cunt wasnt there and infact he isnt even in the country hes in Doha Qatar.

Because some of those cretins in the press believe they can do what they want its outrageous some of the stuff there still getting away with

That statement leads me to believe that there is some substance to these allegations. Great. Just what we need.

I think that's just the club explaining that they are using every avenue they can to determine what happened, and being transparent about the efforts being made.

That statement leads me to believe that there is some substance to these allegations. Great. Just what we need.

Maybe. However, there is no denying that there was some sort of incident, with racial undertones, or not.

I think the club are dealing with this correctly, saying via that statement, we're not going to brush this under the carpet, but we're not going to jump to conclusions either (unlike the press). They're saying, right, lets do all we can to get all the facts and possible evidence to establish what has, and has not, happened and then deal with it appropriately if any sort of conduct of the type alleged has been shown to have occurred.

Cant be bothered to rant. I tend to to just ramble on.

Basically:

RACISM: VERY BAD

CRYING ON PITCH: UTTERLEY RIDICULOUS

RACISM CRUSADER BLOKE FROM RAWK: ATTENTION SEEKING DRAMA QUEEN BULLSHITTER

JOURNALISTS: CREAMING THEIR PANTS

Brace yourselves gents, this will get worse before if fucks off

Maybe. However, there is no denying that there was some sort of incident, with racial undertones, or not.

Not necessarily! If Manc Bastard has been misheard, then the incident has been a misunderstanding nothing more.

But it shouldn't take this long, statements where taken last night, photographers and stewards in the vicinity, it shouldn't be taking this long and especially considering that the press are having a field day in the meantime.

I found this slightly odd as its about them three lads in t shirts and hats.

NickParrottBBC Nick Parrott

Police told me they had received a complaint from officials that one of the three had shouted something offensive, but they didn't know what

11 hours ago

who were wearing Suarez t-shirts. They were sat in the front row corner of the Kop by the Centenery stand. I was about 15 feet from them.

11 hours ago

The Merseyside Police statement I just retweeted does NOT involve the fan alleged to have upset <s class="hash">#</s>Adeyemi. Police ejected three fans...

11 hours ago

So he is saying he was told by the police it involved one of them three lads in the hats.