You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tom Adeyemi

redsoxs

Slightly off topic but does anyone know why the daily post dont seem to be attending games at anfield anymore.

This is from Ian Doyle last night...

Here at Anfield to represent the Liverpool Daily Post's final ever visit to the stadium. A low-key FA Cup third round tie. How apt.

Edited by SCOUSE TAPAS
oh its ok just found out why

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly off topic but does anyone know why the daily post dont seem to be attending games at anfield anymore.

This is from Ian Doyle last night...

Here at Anfield to represent the Liverpool Daily Post's final ever visit to the stadium. A low-key FA Cup third round tie. How apt.

It's going to a weekly paper.

I've got to say that I'm absolutely disgusted by the comments reportedly made to this young man and as it's an issue that affects me personally, I have no problem with condemning them. I'd support a lifetime ban from Anfield for anyone found guilty of calling us Oldhamers 'mancs', it's a fucking disgrace.

Been browsing a few other forums, copied this over from RAWK

I was sat in my usual seat in the LC in row 4, and I definitely heard a racist shout, and immediately looked to my left, don't know if it was directed at Adeyemi, but it was just at the beginning of the Luis Suarez song, which consequently led to the furious reaction. Left me a bit shocked and saddened so I left 5 mins early and missed our last two goals. As an ethnic supporter myself, I hope whoever said it gets banned from Anfield, so we can keep it racist free.

Still feeling a bit down, especially coming so soon after the Suarez ban.

I heard a loud shout of bl**k ba**ard.

I'm seriously considering contacting the club, but as it's already out there what was said, I'm assuming the idiot will be done.

I sit in the LC, KM on the 4th row as a regular. I even told the guy next to me why the player was wound up and what I heard from the kop.

I texted a few people with what I heard too, immediately after the game...definitely didn't sound like manc.

I never leave early but yesterday I felt really uncomfortable, we're a great club, but at this moment in time we're an ongoing circus, thought this was behind us with the Cowboys we last had in charge.

I'll keep tabs on it and read our imminent statement on the situation.

I have decided to contact the police/club. Just felt that it was really obvious but if it helps to keep racists out of Anfield then it's a worthy cause.

Cheers guys for the advice/support.

I've reported what I heard to Merseyside Police via 101, said that they'll contact me if they need further information.

Hopefully this can lead to the right thing being done, and we can move on.

Seems all our fears may be justified after all.

Guest San Don

Quote:

I was sat in my usual seat in the LC in row 4, and I definitely heard a racist shout, and immediately looked to my left, don't know if it was directed at Adeyemi, but it was just at the beginning of the Luis Suarez song, which consequently led to the furious reaction. Left me a bit shocked and saddened so I left 5 mins early and missed our last two goals. As an ethnic supporter myself, I hope whoever said it gets banned from Anfield, so we can keep it racist free.

Still feeling a bit down, especially coming so soon after the Suarez ban.

I heard a loud shout of bl**k ba**ard.

I'm seriously considering contacting the club, but as it's already out there what was said, I'm assuming the idiot will be done.

I sit in the LC, KM on the 4th row as a regular. I even told the guy next to me why the player was wound up and what I heard from the kop.

I texted a few people with what I heard too, immediately after the game...definitely didn't sound like manc.

I never leave early but yesterday I felt really uncomfortable, we're a great club, but at this moment in time we're an ongoing circus, thought this was behind us with the Cowboys we last had in charge.

I'll keep tabs on it and read our imminent statement on the situation.

I have decided to contact the police/club. Just felt that it was really obvious but if it helps to keep racists out of Anfield then it's a worthy cause.

Cheers guys for the advice/support.

I've reported what I heard to Merseyside Police via 101, said that they'll contact me if they need further information.

Hopefully this can lead to the right thing being done, and we can move on.

Yes but is this the person who allegedly already spoken to police? And if he's sat in the lower cent, he isnt that close to the incident unless he's alleging this is another separate one.

Yes but is this the person who allegedly already spoken to police? And if he's sat in the lower cent, he isnt that close to the incident unless he's alleging this is another separate one.

That is absolute bollocks, if he is sat in the Lower Centenary, considering we were singing at the time there is absolutely no way that he could have heard that, and certainly absolutely no way that he was the only one!

So apart from the player' date=' how many people is that who've now claimed to have heard this racial abuse ?[/quote']

I'm only copying it over, haven't a clue. Dougie, all I would say though is not everyone who goes the match posts on twitter and internet forums. There may have been plenty who heard it, likewise this feller may have misheard it and thought he heard something which he didn't. I hope it's bollocks but he obviously seems quite sure if he's reported it to the police. Like I said, hopefully it's bollocks.

Guest San Don
That is absolute bollocks, if he is sat in the Lower Centenary, considering we were singing at the time there is absolutely no way that he could have heard that, and certainly absolutely no way that he was the only one!

Unless he is alleging there was another separate incident.

There's so much shit flying around as to be untrue.

Im finding it very hard to believe only one person, other than the player involved, heard the comment 'black bastard.' It is physically impossible imo given the distance separating the supposed shouter (alleged to have been in the Kop), the player, on the field of play and this other guy in row 4 of the LC.

If the guy in row 4 of the LC heard someone on the Kop definitively shout 'black bastard,' above all the hubbub in a ground even if the crowd are not singing, he's either got excellent hearing, he's saying someone close to him said it (in which case why has no one else come forward) or he's lieing.

Is that all the same person or is it different accounts? It reads to me as if that's one person's account and he's not even in the same stand. How could he possibly hear what was said from his seat?

I'm not saying it never happened as the lad definitely reacted to something but that just doesn't ring true with me to be honest.

I'm only copying it over, haven't a clue. Dougie, all I would say though is not everyone who goes the match posts on twitter and internet forums. There may have been plenty who heard it, likewise this feller may have misheard it and thought he heard something which he didn't. I hope it's bollocks but he obviously seems quite sure if he's reported it to the police. Like I said, hopefully it's bollocks.

Nobody reacted though!

I sit in the UC, close to Kop end and had a really good view of everybody. Nobody reacted and no stewards addressed the issue. Unless that particular section is full of either deaf mutes or BNP members, someone would have taken issue with it at the time.

Not saying it never happened, but I very much doubt this persons testimony and the way that it happened. It is implausible that you can shout that so loud that someone in the LC can hear it but nobody is arrested or thrown out!

Someone who sat by me shouted out a racist term a few seasons ago, it was reported at half time to the steward and the pulled him out to question in during the second half.

Guest San Don

Im not having a go at you mate (or anyone else). Im just trying to get my head around all this.

and did nothing?

Is that all the same person or is it different accounts? It reads to me as if that's one person's account and he's not even in the same stand. How could he possibly hear what was said from his seat?

I'm not saying it never happened as the lad definitely reacted to something but that just doesn't ring true with me to be honest.

It's the same poster.

Hopefully it's rubbish but who knows what's gone on.

Loads of quilts at the match and watching it on the telly mishear chants sung by thousands of fans, never mind some lone voice

I don't know for sure what was said, I wasn't there, but beat in mind it is from RAWK

I think you'll find Wenger has selective blindness, but his ears are ok.

I am not criticising you Randy, I am shitting myself that there is some truth to this, but it doesn't seem logical!

In my experience the people who think like that, do so in private or out of earshot of the police, for someone in another stand to have heard it then the person must have screamed it out loud.

I have not heard anything racists screamed in the last 20 years, and certainly nothing that has happened without action.

Doesn't the person on RAWK who allegedly heard the racist shout only have something like 33 posts on there? Suggests a new user to me. I'd be interested to see when he joined. I've got a sneaky feeling that it would've been recently, probably just after the Suarez incident?

I think a lot of the replies to this poster on RAWK are intimating or skirting around the fact that they don't believe him, without implicitly stating so as, as one person points out on RAWK, if you were that distressed by it that it caused you to leave the game early, why did you not report it to a steward on police officer on the night and instead leave it until the following day to consider doing so, only after telling everybody on a public forum about it......

Fishy?

Doesn't the person on RAWK who allegedly heard the racist shout only have something like 33 posts on there? Suggests a new user to me. I'd be interested to see when he joined. I've got a sneaky feeling that it would've been recently, probably just after the Suarez incident?

I think a lot of the replies to this poster on RAWK are intimating or skirting around the fact that they don't believe him, without implicitly stating so as, as one person points out on RAWK, if you were that distressed by it that it caused you to leave the game early, why did you not report it to a steward on police officer on the night and instead leave it until the following day to consider doing so, only after telling everybody on a public forum about it......

Fishy?

It shouldn't be too difficult for him to confirm it using a picture of his ticket stub.

Fishy?

No, I've checked and he has plenty of posts from last summer and from other games this season.