You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RAWK: a warning from history

chauncey

That place gets worse and worse. Some poor sod complained about every thread getting closed if someone expressed a deviant opinion. He was given dog's abuse and then the thread was locked. They have a transfer forum so that their ITKs can demonstrate their knowledge, and every thread gets locked before anyone can share anything. It's madness.

That's because people question the ITKs sources and such, so everyone blames them for the ITK not saying anything and then it gets locked

Whether we like it or not RAWK is an accurate representation on Liverpool fans, as it has the largest number of Liverpool fans by far.

Not really true is it? The moderators over there have so much power that anybody who steps out of line gets banned and any thread they don't like gets locked. It is like saying the North Korean government represents the North Korean people.

Guest Pistonbroke
Whether we like it or not RAWK is an accurate representation on Liverpool fans, as it has the largest number of Liverpool fans by far.

Largest number of mongs, although they seem to be missing one when you post on here.

How do you come to that conclusion?

How many posts are taken down by the mods from posters with a different opinion than set down Rawk Kampf?

It is probable to say it is the least accurate site of fan opinion than other sites.

By and large meaningless, if you added together all the liverpool supporters on every liverpool forum it would still be a tiny percentage of our support. I'd suggest that the majority of our support never go near a forum.

As for RAWK it seems to be following Koptalk, any self-proclaimed voice of the people have to be treated with suspicion. The trouble with forums like RAWK is that they've become so self-important that they view themselves as more important than the club they claim to support. It's no longer about following your club.

I think you are all very harsh on the Rawkites comparing them to nazis' date=' its not like they invade other forums en masse trying to conform other peoples opinions to their own

..............oh wait.[/quote']

Just had a read through the Rafa thread on Forza Inter, seems more than half of the posts are from RAWK users. There were a few Liverpool supporters trying to tell everyone that RAWKites don't represent the opinions of all Reds, that Rafa was highly respected at Anfield but Inter fans being unhappy with him wasn't any Liverpool fan's business, and they quickly got accused by the RAWK users of being manc spies! :lol: Keep in mind this is all happening on an Inter forum... I'm surprised the RAWK mods didn't show up, take over the site and lock the thread. After changing the numbers on the "sack Rafa" poll of course. I heard they also invaded a Boston Red Sox forum during the takeover begging John Henry to bring back Rafa, but that may have actually been mancs taking the piss.

Looks like the mods took the time to add a message to my ban, a day or two after the fact.

Haha nailed you, you fucking gobshite.

This ban is not set to expire.

Oh my word, the obsessive anger, what did the Germans ever do to you? :biggrin: Oh and Dr Manhattan, you shining beacon of intellectual genius you (with the biting wit of a modern day Oscar Wilde, pat yourself on the back if the rest of RAWK hasn't already ;)), I'm sure you're reading this, enjoy the extra rations for repeatedly reporting me to the Generalleutnant der Polizei, you'll need them. May you never have the piss taken out of you again, mein Kapo, and remember, arbeit macht frei! :biggrin:

Not sure why anyone would want to use the forum these days.

It was good when it first got going, but then the whole H&G thing seemed to go to their heads (although some great work came out of RAWK) and they started to think they were the dogs bollocks, with arbitrary bannings, mods acting like arseholes with anyone that disagreed with them, and all the locked threads.

I seem to remember that Tompkins stopped posting under something of a cloud, but I could be wrong there, and not remembering it right.

No it isn’t. They ban everyone that disagrees. In fact, because it is so strict over there, I’d go as far as to say it is the worst example of the Liverpool fan base. I don’t go in for the “Forum wars” nonsense. I appreciate that every forum has its own pros and cons. I’ve never been permanently banned from any forum ever, and I’ve visited all the big ones, and RAWK was the most difficult and the one I spent the least amount of time on before moving on.

Any forum where you can strongly disagree and not get banned is a true representation of the fan base. That is one thing that RAWK is the worst for.

Of course there are very good reds over on that site. That goes without saying. But there is no allowance for real and proper debate. Because of that it falls very very short and way behind most other of the larger forums.

I've visited on a few occasions, and the way the moderators treat some of the members is quite shocking. The public rebukes really are the stuff of 12 year old kids wanting to act like adults by berating an 8 year old.

As I say, some interesting lads there of course, but the site itself and allowance for debate and discussion is the worst I've seen. Conform or leave. How anyone could say that results in a fair representation of our fans base is a bit daft.

I was banned from RAWK (like many others) for expressing reservations about the Adam/Downing signings, the amount of money they cost, and then being critical of their subsequent performances, perfectly acceptable on any forum I'm sure you'll agree......not RAWK though, and there is such a little clique that say what they want and don't get banned, as they kiss the ass of the "mods", who take forum Nazis to a whole other level.

Kind of glad I was banned, as I then registered with a few other forums and now enjoy good open discussion with other like minded Liverpool fans.