You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

Shane Long would be a good signing. Relatively young, pacy and a good finisher. Also very good in the air. Fits with our policy of buying young and with experience of playing in England, albeit he's not too long in the Prem. On top of that I think he has the the potential to improve a lot.

If we could get him in January for about 10-12 million I'd be happy and then hopefuly we can get someone for big money next summer.

juanagudelo17 Juan Agudelo

Flight to England tomorrow. ill keep my followers n fans on a suspenseful cliff hanger, without naming the team i will be training with Yet

SiClancy Simon Clancy

Looks suspiciously like Juan Agudelo is on his way to Anfield from the New York Red Bulls.

SiClancy Simon Clancy

It's no consolation given what happened to Freddy Adu, but there's genuine hope that the Colombian is THE bright young thing of US saaachher

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Unfortunately we can't just chose to sign a player like M'Villa. He'll have lots of interest and the price will be through the roof.

Agudelo is not even close to Hernandez' level. In any case it's a few weeks training, I'd be very very surprised if this was a real bonafide trial.

Apparently its just a few weeks training in the off season for a bunch of American lads going to different clubs.

I'm sure if he impresses though we'll look to try and do some sort of deal.

numero veinticinco, does the same not apply to arda turan and the likes of Mata? you made it sound so simple to sign them. no Mata now though, ha ha*snort*.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
numero veinticinco, does the same not apply to arda turan and the likes of Mata? you made it sound so simple to sign them. no Mata now though, ha ha*snort*.

Turan made it quite clear he wanted to come here. He left for Atleti, for about 10m. If we wanted him, it wouldn't have been too much of a stretch. We didn't, we wanted Downing. I never said signing Mata was simple.

M'Villa, on the other hand, is the target for big money and many big teams. It's not going to be easy. Not to say we shouldn't try.

Get Diarra on loan from Real Madrid (unless I have missed him signing for someone else, which is possible!).

Or perhaps play Daniel Agger there as he is really good defensively and is a good passer.

As much as he may or may not do a good job there, I wouldn't really want to upset out back 4. Maybe agger as DM and Coates in CB? Or possibly Aurelio as CDM?

I still think I'd rather leave the back 4 and just give Spearing his chance.

As much as he may or may not do a good job there, I wouldn't really want to upset out back 4. Maybe agger as DM and Coates in CB? Or possibly Aurelio as CDM?

Yep, he's earnt it. Chances like this are an opportunity to grow and he deserves that. He's knuckled down, worked on his game, made no complaints. Not to give him the chance would be a slap in the face.

Sorry, I was only messing!

I was sarcastically refering to the Johnson right mid argument! You are spot on, he is playing really well and we look much better, as proved by our current defensive record.