You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh cunts!

Sugar Ape

Worst UK country  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Worst UK country

I know that building and contents insurance was dirt cheap in Northern Ireland. It was something to do with the fact that there was a huge military presence, which also acted as a deterrent for thieves. I'm guessing all the damage caused by bombings was put down to "acts of God". I don't know if that is still the case over there (the cheap insurance, not the bombings).

I feel I can take the high ground here as I was born in England, well Liverpool. Live in Scotland, my mother is welsh and my dad is Irish.

I would never ever want to live in England unless I had a few bob. Then you live in bliss. Can't be beat.

But when the English make some money they come up here for their holidays to shoot wee birdies or catch fish.

You've RiS'd up the whole poll as there is only one real country named in it. Of the remaining three suburbs of England, it's a toss up between the incomprehensible nutters of northern ireland, and the incomprehensible whiners of scotland. Wales is pretty insignificant.

I'm going for scotland as the worst purely on the grounds that I don't like the scottish people.

As far as living in goes, because I'm not sure how you judge which is the best, I reckon unless you live in the countryside, living in most major metropolitan areas of the UK is shite.

So many absolute fucking bellends, chav/scummy twats, hipster wankers, nutcases.

In fact I think it applies to most of the Western World to be honest. Too many cunts basically is what I'm saying.

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...

East Scotland

Same. However, I did the original survey on the BBC last week or whenever which told me I'd be best suited to living in Cambridgeshire. And end up wearing many-pocketed cargoes? I dont think so

• Upvote 1

East Scotland! My maternal Grandmother was an Edinburgh Scot though.

East Scotland

Same. However, I did the original survey on the BBC last week or whenever which told me I'd be best suited to living in Cambridgeshire. And end up wearing many-pocketed cargoes? I dont think so

East Scotland.

East Scotland

So, we're all agreeable. What about you, lifey?

Went to Belfast once and was surprised how nice it was. Was expecting a version of Mogadishu populated by Jim McDonald replicants. Some of the beaches outside the capital were nice too.

Only been to Edinburgh and Glasgow in Scotland but would like to go to other areas like the highlands. I did detect a bit of hostility towards the English but was a bit more relaxed when they realised I wasn't a loudmouth Cockney.

There are some shit parts of Wales, Rhyl instantly springs to mind but Cardiff is a great city and some parts of Pembrokeshire are lovely. Llandudno is far better than what i expected. Haverfordwest is a fucking weird town.

I'd say all four are equally as shit.

Went to Belfast once and was surprised how nice it was. Was expecting a version of Mogadishu populated by Jim McDonald replicants. Some of the beaches outside the capital were nice too.

Only been to Edinburgh and Glasgow in Scotland but would like to go to other areas like the highlands. I did detect a bit of hostility towards the English but was a bit more relaxed when they realised I wasn't a loudmouth Cockney.

There are some shit parts of Wales, Rhyl instantly springs to mind but Cardiff is a great city and some parts of Pembrokeshire are lovely. Llandudno is far better than what i expected. Haverfordwest is a fucking weird town.

This. Everywhere has their cunts, and if you take a step back and compare us to other countries around the globe, we're culturally pretty much the same as each other in the UK. Pasty whining sarcastic fucks.

Used to holiday at my Auntie's and Cousins house in Haverfordwest for a few years back when I was about 11-13. Was a lovely place back then and the surrounding areas and beaches were fantastic,St Davids,Milford Haven,Fishguard,Tenby etc. Seems to have turned into a bit of a shithole over the years as my family members left steadily as they became adults.

Rubbish piece of trivia is that its Christian Bale's hometown.

Used to holiday at my Auntie's and Cousins house in Haverfordwest for a few years back when I was about 11-13. Was a lovely place back then and the surrounding areas and beaches were fantastic,St Davids,Milford Haven,Fishguard,Tenby etc. Seems to have turned into a bit of a shithole over the years as my family members left steadily as they became adults.

Rubbish piece of trivia is that its Christian Bale's hometown.

It is indeed an Terence Highins, the first person to die of an Aids related illness in the UK.