You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Walking Dead Thread (spoilers and zombies inside)

William_Ulsterman

What the fuck is the point and/or reasoning behind anything Michonne does?

Edit: To expand on that

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Why did she feel so harshly treated that she felt the need to go back and attempt to kill the Govenor? And why, given she spent around 9 months with her, wouldn't she even inform Andrea what the reason for her return with others was?

The show has been better in these eight than it has ever been across eight episodes but that is mainly because it has swerved away from the jarg as fuck zombies and given the human v human conflicts. But is has utterly failed so far to make Michonne remotely relative to the series as a whole by giving us absolutely no reason to understand her. Daft as writing that.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

The Governor sent a team into the woods after her to kill her. That's a pretty good reason to shake 'em, bake 'em, cook 'em and eat 'em.

The Governor sent a team into the woods after her to kill her. That's a pretty good reason to shake 'em, bake 'em, cook 'em and eat 'em.

Fair, although she left herself at great risk for very little return. Still doesn't give us anything on the character or why she wouldn't inform shit to Andrea.

Fair, although she left herself at great risk for very little return. Still doesn't give us anything on the character or why she wouldn't inform shit to Andrea.

Because the writing isn't very good. You know this by now, though.

Michonne's lack of definition for her motivation was the weakest aspect of the first half of the season. It's like they just said "look Michonne's an awesome character, she beats up people and slices shit with a sword, just go with it" but they'll need to flesh it out a bit in the second half. Otherwise the showrunners have addressed the major problems that plagued last season and this first half has been really enjoyable as a result. Andrew Lincoln is excellent when he's given time to convey Rick's mental deterioration and partial recovery.

• 2 months later...
Just how long can gory, well-choreographed kill scenes keep people throughly entertained?

Yes, it does get a bit boring. I suppose make-up and prosthetics experts get a hard-on each time, but otherwise it's getting to be a bit like a Harpo Marx musical interlude in a comedy movie.

Possibly minor spoiler inside:

Thought that was a good episode, but what the fuck was with that shoot-out? These people are all flawless marksmen against walkers, never failing to hit right between the eyes no matter how difficult the conditions or how long the shot, but when they're shooting at the living they manage 3 minutes of constant fire without hitting a fucking thing?

I dunno. People complained when there was character development in spades on the farm and now you're complaining because there's lots of zombie ass-kicking. It's an entertaining show. It's not a masterpiece but it is well made and passes the time.

The issue I had last season wasn't that there was loads of character development but that there was inept levels of doing it. We have no back story to so many of the characters its unreal. For a show that has such an easy event to discuss this I find that so poor.

TDog, for example, got bumped off in the very episode that he spoke more than two words and that made Axels death in this one extremely obvious. At no point did they ever attempt to establish him so logic dictates that as soon as they do he's a goner.

Look at Woodbury itself for lack of depth. How many there do we know anything of? In the Govenors absense there has been a dark haired bird pop up to do some stuff, who the fuck is she? Never mooted at all and now we are meant to believe she's this sizeable person there.

I love it when a show takes the time to establish where it is, who is there and the whys that stem from that. This show doesn't do that at all.

The kill scenes are generally boss, if at times completely absurd but thats the world they live in, and I'm probably only watching for these but how it gets the acclaim it does continues to absolutely stagger me. As a drama it is so badly written.

Edit

I still have no clue why being bitten actually does to you. I know it turns you but no clue how that works from all the other stuff they've told us.

Being bitten does not turn you. All are infected and will turn when they die.

I think (though the show does not make it clear) that the zombie bite causes an extra infection which causes you to die (like a komodo dragon) and then you turn.

But on the whole this has deteriorated into serious levels of shitness

Does anyone else think 'what would I do in that situation?'

I know it's all bollocks but I've had many a daydream about going to the local police station, TA armoury to get weapons, Go Outdoors type place to get supplies and then cash and carry to get food. My main objective would be to find an island and clear it. That way you could clear it and be safe from walkers.

Saying that I've been on a firing range and all the accurate shooting is bollocks, a handgun in untrained hands is pretty much useless over 10 meters (well that's what the Paras training me said, maybe I'm just a shit shot!)

Is michonne in love with Andrea?

Dunno, as we know absolutely fuck all about Michonne or their time between the farm & Woodberry.

Does anyone else think 'what would I do in that situation?'

I know it's all bollocks but I've had many a daydream about going to the local police station, TA armoury to get weapons, Go Outdoors type place to get supplies and then cash and carry to get food. My main objective would be to find an island and clear it. That way you could clear it and be safe from walkers.

Saying that I've been on a firing range and all the accurate shooting is bollocks, a handgun in untrained hands is pretty much useless over 10 meters (well that's what the Paras training me said, maybe I'm just a shit shot!)

Nothing to stop walkers walking along the seabed to get to your island! (Thanks to World War Z for pointing that out to me! )