You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Walking Dead Thread (spoilers and zombies inside)

William_Ulsterman

It wasn't bad at all, enough that I'll probably tune in next week. It's easy to kick off a new season strong, though, because there's nothing to really get bogged down in or lose track of. Their problems were mid-season pacing and writers who couldn't remember what they'd written the previous week, never mind the previous year. So we'll see where it goes from there.

Exactly this.

They've always managed to do decent kick offs to start and end seasons but their massive, massive issues start when when they move away from this. The writing and acting are nowhere near strong enough.

I liked it. It was exactly what I came to see. Excited for the next episode,

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

though I am wary as the writers seemingly have no idea how to write engaging, likable characters.

Though if one them killed Rick's wife, that would be a start.

It hasn't lived up to its potential, but I do think it has still been enjoyable to watch. I don't look forward to it the same way I do SOA or Boardwalk, but it has been good telly nonetheless.

Really, really hope Rick's wife gets fucking munched on soon, though, the ungrateful, moaning, patronising thundercunt.

Actually I am now strangely unengaged by it.

They have stepped up the action, and killings (often with poor CGI). However, the series has now changed direction and tone so many times. The characters are inconsistent.

I am now enduring the programme hoping that it gets better rather than looking forward to it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Strange not to have Rick and his crew in the episode at all. Good move to have more than one things going on. It'll be a better pace with the prison and the new place with Morrissey.

Just finishing up on episode two and I struggle to grasp how anyone can rate this show above being decent for a proper scripted drama.

Yeah, I get that you can get carried away in the scrap scenes but that'll only take you so far in terms of being a boss show. The rest needs to come from the acting and writing. There is spectacularly fuck all of either generally. Once one episode ends you might as well forget most of the characters direction as it'll change during the next one. And that ain't going down the path of how actually pathetic the zombies are unless you find yourself badly outnumbered in a tight spot.

Funny that I said all that and the third episode was without doubt the best episode of the series.

Agree with that, it was actually quite good. Same thing applies as what I said before though, on an even larger scale -- brand new setting, host of brand new characters, free rein with no precedents to fuck up or fuck you up. It's easy to put together a compelling hour under those conditions, so I'll say wait and see what happens in a month.

Still, good solid hour of telly it was, and surprisingly well acted. More of the same would be nice.