You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Walking Dead Thread (spoilers and zombies inside)

William_Ulsterman

Been great so far it has to be said. Me and the mrs go out for dinner and a few pints (well, I have the pints, she has a girlie drink) on a Friday after work, and then it's back home and watch this. Loving this seasons shows so far. Loved the fellas with no arms or jaws.

That was awesome. Glad they kept the "heads in tanks" bit from the comics. Just to reassure you just HOW fucking mental he is.

(Are the heads zombie alive or proper dead?)

Do his motivations reveal themselves later on in the comics or is it simply that he's just crazy.

I reckon zombie heads are the same attached as they are unattached as long as the brain is in working condition.

Do his motivations reveal themselves later on in the comics or is it simply that he's just crazy.

I reckon zombie heads are the same attached as they are unattached as long as the brain is in working condition.

But they didn't even blink or anything!

I think he's just totally batshit crazy, but it's been a while since I read them.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I do recall that he had a zombie daughter in the comics, chained up in his house.

If you overlook the ridiculous parts where you find yourself saying "as if they'd fucking do that" it's quite enjoyable.

There's loads of examples of this, but a recent one was when there was a load of zombies behind a fence. The zombies are all attracted to them and walk up to the fence, where the gang can pick them off by stabbing them in the head and therefore saving bullets and also being able to do it from the safety of being behind a fence.

Then all of a sudden they decide that rather than take their time and pick them all off in this manner, they should go inside the fence and start shooting them. Funny how these people who've never fired guns in their lives are now crackshots and can hit moving targets in the head whilst they themselves are running. They'd be lucky if they hit one out of every ten shots. And why would you waste bullets like that?

Stuff like that pisses me right off, but overall it's still decent enough and I enjoy it.

I like how they're mixing shit up from the comics so if you've read them you're thrown a curve ball every now and then.

Yep I'm liking that also, you know it's coming etc, but changing the chronology has been great.

Surprised me last night and pretty up to date with the comics

Funny how these people who've never fired guns in their lives are now crackshots and can hit moving targets in the head whilst they themselves are running.

It's been 8 months (at least I think that's what the blonde one with michone said) between them leaving the farm and finding the prison, in all they must have been on the road at least 2 years. I imagine you pick up the skills to survive pretty quickly when you have to otherwise you die.

It's been 8 months (at least I think that's what the blonde one with michone said) between them leaving the farm and finding the prison, in all they must have been on the road at least 2 years. I imagine you pick up the skills to survive pretty quickly when you have to otherwise you die.

Stil not having it, to become that good a shot they'd have needed a hell of a lot more bullets than they would be able to get their hands on.