You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I really don't understand your point. Are you suggesting that people are buying Liverpool shirts because they like adidas stuff? Who gives a fuck who makes the shirts? We are gonna make far more from this deal than we did from adidas.

you've missed my point exactly

Adidas hasa foot hold in EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, thats not forum speak, that is, as Rafa would say, a FACT.

Warrior, New Balance, do not.

so in my opinion, the new clothing will not be in as many places as the current Adidas one.

im not saying the clothing will be crap, im not saying we're not getting a better initial deal. Im just saying, again in my opinion, that our clothing will not be as readily available as the other big clubs now.

Wasn't the point made that we weren't actually making that much money from shirt sales with Adidas, they'd pay us a lump sum and that was pretty much it? Something along those lines anyway. So we weren't benefiting from their vast global distribution network.

a fair point, but if you make some kid a supporter by buying them a top, eventually you'll make more money off them elsewhere along the line.

supporting teams can be that easy. Im 30 years of age, and when i was 4 my uncle bought a Chicago Bears top, to this day i still check their results. I did the same with my girlfriends godson. His father wasnt bothered which team he supported, but his older sisters where all smelly mancs. I bought the little scamp a top with his name on it, and hey presto, we have another fan.

I will be truly amazed if our clothing is readily available, i really will.

now this is going to sound petty. But they havent even got a website yet for their football clothing. think about it. We hear rumours that theyre going to try and sign up Lionel Messi to a boot deal. Yeah right, a company with no Website in February can sign the worlds biggest footballer 4 months later to a boot deal.

Nothing incorrect in my post. Thank YOU very much.

I know they are owned by New Balance, but don't try and tell me you can buy New Balance clothing as easy as Adidas or Nike.

Try it, go down to your nearest sports shop and see which brand you'll have the easiest access to. I'll actually pay you money if its New Balance!!

My nearest sport shop/apparel shop is also a New Balance outlet. How would you like to send me the money?

you've missed my point exactly

Adidas hasa foot hold in EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, thats not forum speak, that is, as Rafa would say, a FACT.

Warrior, New Balance, do not.

so in my opinion, the new clothing will not be in as many places as the current Adidas one.

im not saying the clothing will be crap, im not saying we're not getting a better initial deal. Im just saying, again in my opinion, that our clothing will not be as readily available as the other big clubs now.

Yeah, they do. We're about the same age, except, I'm willing to bet that I've been to a great many more countries than you have...

Listen to me. You're talking out of your ignorant ass. You have NO fucking clue and you're just simply moaning due to something that you've assumed.

Did you know that the central shopping area of Seoul, South Korea has a HUGE New Balance shop(it's pretty big and fancy, too)? No, of course you didn't. You've never been there, but you're assuming that Adidas and Nike are the only sports apparel clothing empires.

Did you know that it's the same in Taipei, Shanghai, Beijing, Tokyo, Osaka, Bangkok, etc? You know how I know that these shops exist? I've seen them with my own two fucking eyes.

Now stop being a panicky little tart, and having a moan about something, that in the WORSE CASE SCENARIO is getting the BIGGEST SHIRT DEAL in England.

Here's a little funfact: New Balance even have a factory in the UK. Can you say factory outlet shop? I can.

My nearest sport shop/apparel shop is also a New Balance outlet. How would you like to send me the money?

You two buckos must be on the wind up

Ok ill rephrase what I said, and welch out of my wager too :-)

If 99% of us went down to our local sports shop, see which brands are most prevalent in the shop

Unrighteous. I missed your last post as I was writing my reply

No need to act all high and mighty chum. In fact, you're acting a complete douche. I'm conveying my point in a clear and concise manner, but you have to go name calling like boozed up teenager. Get a grip, we're simply having s discussion here.

And one other thing, you're not Phileas Fogg because you've been to a few Asian countries. You have no idea where I've been or haven't been

You two buckos must be on the wind up

Ok ill rephrase what I said, and welch out of my wager too :-)

If 99% of us went down to our local sports shop, see which brands are most prevalent in the shop

Unrighteous. I missed your last post as I was writing my reply

No need to act all high and mighty chum. In fact, you're acting a complete douche. I'm conveying my point in a clear and concise manner, but you have to go name calling like boozed up teenager. Get a grip, we're simply having s discussion here.

And one other thing, you're not Phileas Fogg because you've been to a few Asian countries. You have no idea where I've been or haven't been

You're simply having a moan based on UNTRUTHS and you will not acknowledge that they're fucking untrue.

You're telling me that I am on a wind-up because the nearest sports apparel shop to me is a New Balance shop. Are you kidding me? I'm being 100% serious. The next closest place is a multi-label generic sports shop. They carry New Balance, Adidas, Nike, Speedo, K-swiss, etc.

You do realize that the sports apparel industry is gigantic and it's not dominated by Nike and Adidas, right? Nike is the largest sports apparel company in the world and they only have like 6% of the market share. That's insanity!

Here are the New Balance stores within 10 minutes(by Scooter) of my Home:

台中--廣三SOGO百貨 (8 minute walk, closest)

TEL:04-2326-0501

地址:403台中市西區台中港路1段299號9F

永盛體育文教用品名店 (10 minute walk)

TEL:04-23221393

地址:403台中市西區公益路325號

松寶-民權

TEL:04-22214481

地址:403台中市西區福壽里民權路23號

松寶-美村 (10 minute walk)

TEL:04-23017926

地址:403台中市西區美村路1段265號

摩曼頓中港店

TEL:04-36006180

地址:403台中市西區台中港路1段133號1樓

鞋久-向上

TEL:04-23052277

地址:403台中市西區向上路1段117號

I don't even live in the biggest city in Taiwan.

Guest ShoePiss
Yeah, they do. We're about the same age, except, I'm willing to bet that I've been to a great many more countries than you have...

Listen to me. You're talking out of your ignorant ass. You have NO fucking clue and you're just simply moaning due to something that you've assumed.

Did you know that the central shopping area of Seoul, South Korea has a HUGE New Balance shop(it's pretty big and fancy, too)? No, of course you didn't. You've never been there, but you're assuming that Adidas and Nike are the only sports apparel clothing empires.

Did you know that it's the same in Taipei, Shanghai, Beijing, Tokyo, Osaka, Bangkok, etc? You know how I know that these shops exist? I've seen them with my own two fucking eyes.

Now stop being a panicky little tart, and having a moan about something, that in the WORSE CASE SCENARIO is getting the BIGGEST SHIRT DEAL in England.

Here's a little funfact: New Balance even have a factory in the UK. Can you say factory outlet shop? I can.

That's a New Balance shoe factory and our Warrior kits won't be getting made there. They'll be getting made a lot closer to you.

Decent design and plenty of stock for the replica shirts and it will be a success I reckon. I think there maybe stock issues with training gear but that isn't anything new to us! Releasing an entire new product line at the same time will be a challenge for them.

You're simply having a moan based on UNTRUTHS and you will not acknowledge that they're fucking untrue.

You're telling me that I am on a wind-up because the nearest sports apparel shop to me is a New Balance shop. Are you kidding me? I'm being 100% serious. The next closest place is a multi-label generic sports shop. They carry New Balance, Adidas, Nike, Speedo, K-swiss, etc.

You do realize that the sports apparel industry is gigantic and it's not dominated by Nike and Adidas, right? Nike is the largest sports apparel company in the world and they only have like 6% of the market share. That's insanity!

If Nike only have 6% of the market, then I stand corrected.

Perhaps I'm looking at it through European tinted glasses. In any of the European cities I've been, London, Berlin, Rome, Barcelona etc..... You just don't see New Balance.

I just think its going to be a big ask, and a hell of a lot of work for a new brand name to break an already saturated market.

The only other brand I can think that's come onto the sports scene in recent years is Under Armour. And they're still relatively an unknown

If Nike only have 6% of the market, then I stand corrected.

Perhaps I'm looking at it through European tinted glasses. In any of the European cities I've been, London, Berlin, Rome, Barcelona etc..... You just don't see New Balance.

I just think its going to be a big ask, and a hell of a lot of work for a new brand name to break an already saturated market.

The only other brand I can think that's come onto the sports scene in recent years is Under Armour. And they're still relatively an unknown

Nike only had 4% of the Market share in 2010. I'm being generous with the 6%, based on what I found (internet info).

We're a growth market for the New Balance group, because they haven't anything in the market... but if they've offered us that massive deal, then you'll soon expect to see other Warrior shirt deals with other clubs.

You're right about one thing. New Balance has a low profile in Europe, but out here in Asia, they are pretty massive and have shops all over the place.

All the major sports shops throughout the world want to stock the latest Liverpool shirt because it is such a big seller.

This allows New Balance to get their foot in the door in that market.

Addidas claim we were one of their biggest shirt sellers and it wasn't for the 3 stripes people were buying it for it was for the Liverbird on the chest.

New Balance and Warrior are massive companies and i get the feeling reading posts on different forums that people think they are run like a corner shop which is clearly not true.

You don't pay £150m to make Liverpool merchandise and then go into the deal with your eyes shut.

Warrior will have done the sums, got the preparation ready and come June will flood the market with Liverpool merchandise.

There are some people out there who only buy the shirts because of the brand rather than the club. They might like the club but they love the brand, so they may stop buying if the brand on the shirt changes. I'd say those people have muddled loyalties but they're entitled to their viewpoint. There are also some people that buy the shirts because of how they look rather than because of the brand or the club. Fortunately, I don't think that such people constitute the majority who buy Liverpool merchandise. The vast majority buy Liverpool merchandise because it is Liverpool merchandise, not because it's made by Adidas or Reebok or Warrior etc. For that reason alone, sports shops around the world will want to stock something they know will shift. Many of these shops will have been around long enough to know that Liverpool stuff is a top seller regardless of which brand produces it.

Guest San Don

I hope whatever the badge looks like, its fucking woven and not like that abortion of a stick on one like on the last 'mega brand' adidas shite gave us.

So much for having a 50 fucking year head start!

All the major sports shops throughout the world want to stock the latest Liverpool shirt because it is such a big seller.

This allows New Balance to get their foot in the door in that market.

Addidas claim we were one of their biggest shirt sellers and it wasn't for the 3 stripes people were buying it for it was for the Liverbird on the chest.

New Balance and Warrior are massive companies and i get the feeling reading posts on different forums that people think they are run like a corner shop which is clearly not true.

You don't pay £150m to make Liverpool merchandise and then go into the deal with your eyes shut.

Warrior will have done the sums, got the preparation ready and come June will flood the market with Liverpool merchandise.

weren't we there second biggest shirt seller behind real madrid,but the biggest seller when all merchandise was taken into account i.e tshirts,training range,jackets and so on?

weren't we there second biggest shirt seller behind real madrid,but the biggest seller when all merchandise was taken into account i.e tshirts,training range,jackets and so on?

I think so, yes.

When a sports shop looks to stocking up on the merchandise they are not going to turn our shirt down because they might not have heard of Warrior.

Warrior paid out a lot of cash to help get themselves more exposure because they know they merchandise will sell.

With this in mind i would be amazed if they were not prepared for the demand, something many people seem to be worried about.

Guest ShoePiss

The more I think about it the less concerned I am really. They'll have an accurate forecast they'll be working towards based historical sales data and they'll most likely be using contract manufacturers, ones that are more than capable of order fulfillment. The replica shirt won't go out of stock unlike some have predicted but I do expect the usual training top problems.

The other thing is most of our shirts aren't sold in Adidas shops so why do we expect them to be sold in a Warrior shop or see that as a possible pitfall to using Warrior? JJB will stock them and all the other high st sports shops will. I'd guess most of our shirts are sold in the high st sports shops and the club shop including online...

Guest ShoePiss
so is there any proposed date of Warrior releasing pictures, or even ANY information on our clothing?

the suspense is killing me

The statement I read from Warrior last month said 1st June.

Guest ShoePiss
thats the date the deal starts on. surely they'll release something before then???

It's the only date I've seen, it would normally be April/May wouldn't it? I wonder if it will be different due to us still being under contract with Adidas until the end of May.

It's the only date I've seen, it would normally be April/May wouldn't it? I wonder if it will be different due to us still being under contract with Adidas until the end of May.

hopefully we'll get sneak peaks, or something anyway.

i know we'd usually wear the folowing seasons jersey in our last home game of the season, but obviously Adidas wont allow that this time round. (cant blame them really)