You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our Centre Backs

Deepz

I think that most people will agree that this will probably be Carra's last year of being a regular player for the first team, give Coates time to bed in properly this year, as he has a lot of potential. Agger is his more natural partner, but he is just unlucky with injuries. I would like to see Wilson given a few more opportunities at the back as he looks a decent prospect as well.

We need to play a higher line up the pitch, with Johnson or Kelly on the right and Enrique or Robinson on the left, we have reasonably quick full backs, so we need pacy centre halves to compliment this. I coach a girls under 10 team and utilise the one of the paciest players at the back as she can pick a pass and has the speed and thought process to recover quicker than others, surely this shouldnt be too hard to replicate at LFC.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the great memories I have of Hansen, is him stepping in front of a pass and then 4 seconds later putting a through ball in to Rush to score. He was only capable of doing that because the backline played so high up the pitch.

Our CBs almost never make interceptions of the ball in front of the attacker. Carra is generally two yards behind his man when the ball is received. We will not progress playing the type of football Kenny wants until we do.

We could play deeper under Rafa because we played with 5 in midfield and with two defensive midfielders. Playing this depth in a 442 with only one midfielder covering is asking for trouble.

Against Spurs I noticed Adam did not drop back the same distance as Lucas. I don't know if this was by design or laziness from Adam's part. Wonder if anyone else saw the same thing?