You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Captain

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea how Utd aren't 5-0 up. All over them. Schalke are very poor. There's a reason they are 10th in the German league

Neuer!!! I herd he was a good keeper but,no idea he was this good suprised he isn't at a bigger club either somewhere in europe or at least Germany.

Hernandez looks a great goalscorer, i think people are getting carried away with him being an excellent player as i personally don't think he's even near that. I'll give the little fucker has that knack of being in the right place but he does fuck all outside it.

He's getting the freedom of the pitch tonight against a very poor Shalke defence who are playing a ridiculous offside trap.

I basically couldn't disagree more. The reason he's got 19 goals in all comps this season isn't first and foremost because of his finishing (apart from the head - where he's really good), but because of his movement - which is Fowleresque. He's always on the run, puts his body about (surprisingly strong that he is, what do they put in the food at Carrington or whatever the place is called these days?), and has great pace.

Look at the incident where Metzelder got booked for example, he held him off long enough for Rooney to get to the ball which left Metzelder badly exposed. I don't think I've seen someone better off the ball for a very long time. He's not as good as say Yorke or Berbatov in keeping the ball up, but his running and movement unfortunately looks to be bringing the best out of Rooney as well:(

And yes, I do watch a lot of Manc games. A few of my friends and family are on the dark side, I'm also a bit of a masochist...

How did the Mancs get Hernandez out of Mexico when he had played 1 international game by 1st Jan 2010? A 21 year old then as well, not exactly a kid.

That's my issue with it, how work permits seem to magicly appear for United and Chelsea players.

I could be wrong but I think there may be some loophole where if the player is considered to be highly talented an exception can be made. I could be wrong on that though.

I basically couldn't disagree more. The reason he's got 19 goals in all comps this season isn't first and foremost because of his finishing (apart from the head - where he's really good), but because of his movement - which is Fowleresque. He's always on the run, puts his body about (surprisingly strong that he is, what do they put in the food at Carrington or whatever the place is called these days?), and has great pace.

Look at the incident where Metzelder got booked for example, he held him off long enough for Rooney to get to the ball which left Metzelder badly exposed. I don't think I've seen someone better off the ball for a very long time. He's not as good as say Yorke or Berbatov in keeping the ball up, but his running and movement unfortunately looks to be bringing the best out of Rooney as well:(

And yes, I do watch a lot of Manc games. A few of my friends and family are on the dark side, I'm also a bit of a masochist...

Yeah i agree he has great movement as well which does make him the type of goalscorer he is, it's just when i've seen him i haven't been impressed with him as a player outside the box. He has a touch of the Cisse's about him as well where he's guranteed to be offside a load of times during the game.

He's still a pup which is worrying so he has all the time in the World to get better and better although i do think the player we're looking at now is what he is which is a poacher goalscorer.

Totally agree, he is brilliant of the ball and the reason why Rooney said he now loves playing with him, no doubt he will put on a stone of muscle now whilst not affecting his pace and movement like Ronaldo did

Totally agree, he is brilliant of the ball and the reason why Rooney said he now loves playing with him, no doubt he will put on a stone of muscle now whilst not affecting his pace and movement like Ronaldo did

He is also the first to get out onto the training pitch and the last one to leave it, which is supposedly a very big reason why he has gotten into the English game so fast. Great buy for them cunts so far.

Big questions have to be asked of the Schalke manager, too. I'm not sure a team has ever been set up so poorly in a game of this level.

It's all down to Madrid to deny a fourth title now - Barca will be done over as we were in 2007. Revenge for a previous loss. They look tired and somewhat flimsy too - Mourinho's shithouse artistry is the only realistic way of stopping them.