You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Captain

There going to fucking win the whole thing. An underperforming Chelsea apart they have had such an easy route to the final. All they need to do now is rag a one off performance against Barca or Madrid.

Both European competitions are shit nowadays. The aggregate scores in the QF's show this. About time Uefa did something to shake them up.

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big questions have to be asked of the Schalke manager, too. I'm not sure a team has ever been set up so poorly in a game of this level.

It's all down to Madrid to deny a fourth title now - Barca will be done over as we were in 2007. Revenge for a previous loss. They look tired and somewhat flimsy too - Mourinho's shithouse artistry is the only realistic way of stopping them.

Rabbit-headlights. Wouldn't surprise me if he told them at halftime (at 0-0) to try not to concede too many

Guest TK-421

The lack of pressure on the manc midfielders is startling. I am startled.

Rooney had time to fake his shot twice and then slide Giggs though. By the time the Schalke players woke up and put pressure on Rooney it was too late and Giggs was through.

There going to fucking win the whole thing. An underperforming Chelsea apart they have had such an easy route to the final. All they need to do now is rag a one off performance against Barca or Madrid.

Both European competitions are shit nowadays. The aggregate scores in the QF's show this. About time Uefa did something to shake them up.

There's no way Mourinho will be beaten by them. It'll be a wretched, cynical display but his side will stifle and outfox them. If Barca get through, on the other hand, I fear you'll be right. I think he's got Guardiola's number now though.

United are doing what they're allowed to do. Schalke are truly dreadful. United are not a great team and I will take Barca or Real to fuck them at Wembley. Hope the Manc twat's fans get all the top whack tickets for the final, that there are road works all over the M6 and the M1 on match day, the NUR call a strike, the capital is put on the highest level terrorist alert and all the pubs sell their out of date beer stock to the inbred cunts.

Can't see why Barca can't hammer this lot. Just because they're good on the ball quite a bit (especially from the wings.) doesn't mean they'll be good against say, a Barca side where they'll not have the ball half as much, be up against a great passing side, and get pressed all over when they do have it. (that's without even mentioning Messi, Villa, Iniesta, Xavi, etc.) Would like to see Barca do them again, but they've got enough of a task on just getting past Real.

Watched this match right to the end too because I refused to believe Schalke could go through the whole thing playing that badly, but somehow they managed it. Unbelievable.

Schalke are the worst team I have seen in 20 years of watching European football.

Don't know about worst team, but definately the worst performance I've seen in the CL for some time. The Mancs are of course not as bad a side as we want them to be, neither are they as great as they looked tonight.

Could be a blessing in disguise that they've had Schalke here, even if they beat them 8-0 or something over two legs, because the difference in quality of Real or Barca in the final might catch them totally off guard. Massive difference between Schalke and either of those two sides.

I was truly gutted Marseille couldn't pull something off at OT, as they were by far the best side they've met on their way to the final.