You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

12 points is not enough for their level of cheating. Multiple years in a row. They should get 12 points for the fraudulent covid losses alone. Those cheeky fuckers going on about us furloughing when they used the pandemic to cover all those losses at the expense of other clubs league status.

Be fair though, they would have got hundreds of millions in transfer fees and would have bought better players for buttons ifithadnabinferCovid.

2 hours ago, aws said:

‘’Maximum”, “up to” - can’t see it being more than a deduction of six, which I doubt will send them down.  

pretty much this. They’ll talk a big game then half the punishment. They’ll safely finish above the absolute dross in this league. Really the league should be no more than 18 teams.

9 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

pretty much this. They’ll talk a big game then half the punishment. They’ll safely finish above the absolute dross in this league. Really the league should be no more than 18 teams.

I sense you find life in general disappointing?

2 hours ago, Einch said:

What does GOT have to say on this?

I'd hazard a guess it will include:

Heysel 

Collina

Klopp

Clattenberg 

Sky 6 bias

Kopite media witch hunt

Clive Thomas

Graeme Poll

The rest of the league can't handle that their ground will be the best in the league. 

Senior club in the city

Punishment by the league for taking on the Sly 6.

6 hours ago, Megadrive Man said:

Everton have stressed they have complied with the rules and insist they will “robustly defend” their position, arguing that exemptions, including those related to the coronavirus crisis, will clear them of any wrongdoing.

'Complied with the rules' my bollocks! Overspending, not marginally, but by a factor of more than 3X, for multiple consecutive years does not constitute 'rule compliance'.

Bang 'em up!

36 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Just a simple guilty verdict would open the gates for Burnley, Leicester et al to take legal action, hobble them further financially and scare off any sensible investors. The points deduction is the cherry on the cake.

A points deduction I can see. Other clubs successfully suing them I can’t envisage. 
Did rival teams sue clubs in the past when they were deducted points? 

37 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Don't forget their reported Covid losses which were complete bullshit.

Get them gone.

The club damaged more than any other in the world firstly by Heysel and then by COVID.  How unlucky can you get?