You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

On 25/09/2023 at 03:38, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I enjoyed their misery all last season and I intend to do so again.

That’s fine, just don’t over egg the pudding.

15 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Indeed.

Relegation is Luton plus two - and there are three serious challengers for those two places: Sheffield United, Burnley and Everton.  I think that Burnley will improve; not to set the world on fire, but to reach Forest levels of performance and results.  I think what we've seen from Everton is as good as it's going to get for them.

Oh.

I hate to say it..but I fear for them, I really do. 

I couldn't get through this. It's like 4 athletic articles put together and I don't think it says anything new......

Borrowed money, political concerns and 777 - unravelling Everton's finances

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-finances-777-partners-money-27785417#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

All this coverage is unfair negativity because they won a game and therefore everything is fixed. Or something...

Screenshot_20230926-100938.png

Also Steve Rotheram is a disgrace and a kopite for asking concerned questions to ensure a local club is being governed responsibly for the sake of the city.

50 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I hate to say it..but I fear for them, I really do. 

I couldn't get through this. It's like 4 athletic articles put together and I don't think it says anything new......

Borrowed money, political concerns and 777 - unravelling Everton's finances

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-finances-777-partners-money-27785417#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

The question I keep asking myself is why 777 wouldn’t be better off buying the club off the Administrators even with the clubs likely demotion. Seems there are loans right left and centre, even 777 have bunged in 20 mill supposedly to keep the stadium build ticking over . Depending on the terms it maybe the case that now 777 themselves can put the club into Administration and they have just bought themselves a finger on the trigger,  This whole deal and the financial mess engulfing the club is looking a lot more serious than I first thought and I’m beginning to think it will end badly for them 

On 23/06/2023 at 14:03, Jack the Sipper said:

I see some of the blerts on GOT are shooting the messenger, a Simon Goodley, for reporting the stories about the corruption, infighting and negligence at Everton, rather than, you know, being concerned about said corruption, infighting and negligence.

To be fair, though, Goodley does have a pretty impressive proportion of Everton stories in his Guardian resume for a 'business' reporter. Good man.

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/simongoodley

My man Goodley coming up with the goods again:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/sep/26/everton-fc-owner-alisher-usmanov-farhad-moshiri

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Everything around their finances is shady as fuck. I’m not sure how they’ve escaped a proper PL investigation. The acceptance of those inflated Covid write-downs was disgraceful.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Scott_M said:

IMG_0052.jpeg

IMG_0053.png

The Echo: 'You can't get this wrong'

Everton: Hold my beer!

Proof positive the Echo has been obsessed with the Redshite and not paying any attention to Everton if they think that. 

What's that? You can't afford to get this wrong? Different kettle of fish, that.

They've got a new special edition rainbow kit apparently. Despite the continuous racist abuse every week from their fans, we're somehow the pub that hates our community

Don't need to do it, its a 'Ooo look at us being right on and inclusive' corporate nonsense, its not needed.
I think it is definitely needed in a time like today when you have former captains from across the park going to Saudi Arabia to cash cheques and throw stones with the locals.

I think it is a nice statement from our club that we support inclusion and that at least folk at one of the clubs in town isn't turning their back on their community.

4 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Surely if the fit & proper test was done when Moshiri bought Everton & it’s can be proved that Usmanov was the real investor, surely they’ve broken some sort of rule? 

Can that be applied against the club though? Any rules broken were done before moshiri was a club official. And by the way things are looking, it would seem to be the least of their issues..this new mob seem likely to be blocked by someone and now moshiri doesn't have uncle uzzie's money, they're fucked without a new owner. 

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

They've got a new special edition rainbow kit apparently. Despite the continuous racist abuse every week from their fans, we're somehow the pub that hates our community

Don't need to do it, its a 'Ooo look at us being right on and inclusive' corporate nonsense, its not needed.
I think it is definitely needed in a time like today when you have former captains from across the park going to Saudi Arabia to cash cheques and throw stones with the locals.

I think it is a nice statement from our club that we support inclusion and that at least folk at one of the clubs in town isn't turning their back on their community.

This is why I laugh at these cunts. We get blamed for atrocities in Saudi because we have a player who left to go there, yet they're currently owned by a crook who is funded by a member of Putin's inner circle, yet they're the victims of the war in Ukraine..fucking mentalists. 

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

That's a fucking desperate stretch.

Sad, obsessed shitwits.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

This is why I laugh at these cunts. We get blamed for atrocities in Saudi because we have a player who left to go there, yet they're currently owned by a crook who is funded by a member of Putin's inner circle, yet they're the victims of the war in Ukraine..fucking mentalists

They forget that their former player, Demarai Gray left Everton to join the same team as Henderson. 

• Upvote 1