You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle United away match thread

fowler9

Mustn't have won so

You are actually less welcome on here than Roy himself.

All those insults you have defended him from as if you are some sort of authority when people actually hate you more than Roy is not going to help you argue appoint successfully very much. You're very much the tar that no one wants to be brushed with. (Remember when you were in school and they said you had the 'mange'.) If you really want to save Roy at this poijt you should go against him as you are weakening his case.

You should get yourself a girlfriend Jamie.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough's enough. We have won 1 game away this season, fucking 1. It's not good enough. His away record is not something which he's developed this season, it's a characteristic of his managerial career in England. Thing's are not going to change. We either resign ourselves to a diabolical away record with his tenure or we do the right thing and make the change that we so so desperately need. It's not working.

We've won 2 away league games all year, despite changing coach. A coach change is not an instant away record improver.

Whether we like it or not, poor away records are not confined to this coach, our club, or football clubs in general. It is the norm that you have a better home record than away one in a season. Occasionally it isn't, but if so, it's the exception rather than the rule.

I think we can conclude that Roy Hodgson does not know how to win away from home in the premier league.

This was concluded months ago, before he got appointed, never picked up on in the press of course even if we have papers loaded with Liverpool fans out there, you have to wonder why?

We've won 2 away league games all year, despite changing coach. A coach change is not an instant away record improver.

We won 5 away games last season, who the fuck cares how many we won between January and May?

Its about as important as who was PL top scorer in the calendar year 2007.

This is how we coped under Rafa away from home.

04/05: 5 3 11 21-26 18p

05/06: 10 4 5 25-17 34p

06/07: 6 4 9 18-20 22p

07/08: 9 7 3 24-15 34p

08/09: 13 4 2 36-14 43p

09/10: 5 6 8 18-20 21p

I`m pretty sure Rafa would have a lot better away record than what Hodgson have got and I was one of Rafa`s biggest critics.

That is a stupid argument mypost.

We won 5 away games last season, who the fuck cares how many we won between January and May?

I`m pretty sure Rafa would have a lot better away record than what Hodgson have got and I was one of Rafa`s biggest critics.

Bit confused about that point, tbh.

I put up Rafa's pre-December away league record here last week, and it read a whopping total of 4 wins until 2007, with only one of them in his first season. Everyone knew the away record was poor then, but everyone more or less accepted it, as part and parcel of the game. How many times were we told at the time, we were better suited to Europe than the league?

This is how we coped under Rafa away from home.

04/05: 5 3 11 21-26 18p

05/06: 10 4 5 25-17 34p

06/07: 6 4 9 18-20 22p

07/08: 9 7 3 24-15 34p

08/09: 13 4 2 36-14 43p

09/10: 5 6 8 18-20 21p

That is a stupid argument mypost.

I think we may just manage to beat that total this year, if you include home games.

Another negative result, and another forum meltdown. Time to post an honest view of the game now.

Thought it wasn't a shite performance, and we were very unlucky to lose. With 10 minutes remaining, I couldn't see us losing. We defended well in the second half, and looked like getting at least a point.

First goal looked offside, but despite the early goal, we came more into the game, with one shot cleared off the line, and had at least one decent penalty appeal turned down, possibly two.

Second half started well, great play by Kuyt to create the chance which we scored, had a great chance soon afterwards that the old Torres of two years ago would have put away in his sleep, not the half-fit, half-bothered Torres of today. Had it gone in, we could have gone on and scored another few and wrapped it up early.

Instead with 10 minutes to go, a catastrophic set of defensive errors dropped the point we had. The third goal was, as usual in the circumstances, an irrelevance. Despite the scoreline, Newcastle have their own problems, and weren't a side two goals better than us. The game was a contest until injury time.

Back to home comforts in midweek, Utrecht sees a quick opportunity to rebuild confidence, and make another restart on the journey to the side's recovery.

How many times does it have to happen before you start to see it then?

Seriously mate, do you not find yourself wondering why it is that we as fans have no confidence at all in the team from the minute that the opposition start to look interested in the game? Do you not think that when time after time the team capitulates in exactly the way that we are anticipating, that it might possibly be you that's missing something and not the rest of us?

In our away league games this season, we have started with a complete lack of ambition and have moderated that downwards throughout the match. That's why we've only won one of them, against the mighty Bolton Wanderers. We've been content to let the opposition dictate the pace of the game, content to let them dominate possession and territory and worst of all, we've been content to take a point with anything more seen as a bonus. Not after we've gone two down either, but from the kick off.

That's been true irrespective of the players involved - the only constant in this parade of ineptitude has been the manager.

Seriously mate, do you not find yourself wondering why it is that we as fans have no confidence at all in the team from the minute that the opposition start to look interested in the game? Do you not think that when time after time the team capitulates in exactly the way that we are anticipating, that it might possibly be you that's missing something and not the rest of us?

In our away league games this season, we have started with a complete lack of ambition and have moderated that downwards throughout the match. That's why we've only won one of them, against the mighty Bolton Wanderers. We've been content to let the opposition dictate the pace of the game, content to let them dominate possession and territory and worst of all, we've been content to take a point with anything more seen as a bonus. Not after we've gone two down either, but from the kick off.

That's been true irrespective of the players involved - the only constant in this parade of ineptitude has been the manager.

Yeah........But............

And on it goes. People need to ignore him.

Great to see Henry and Werner both bollocking him. Werner said things must improve immediately and Henry said our play and results were unacceptable.

Seems the only one who doesnt see anything wrong is that spastic mypost.

glad to hear this but actions speak louder than words

blah blah blah slight stumble. blah blah blh blah better than last year. blah blah blah. Time to post an honest view of the game now.

Thought it wasn't a shite performance, and we were very unlucky to lose. blah blah Roy is improving things. blah blah better than last year. blah blah blah, visit me at my website, Liverpool Kock. blah blah blah second half started well, blah blah blah not Roy's fault. Despite the scoreline, blah blah blah the game was a contest until blah blah blah injury time.

Let's judge Roy blah blah, look forwards not backwards blah blah, except Rafa last season blah blah restart on the journey to the side's recovery.[/quote

rinse and repeat again until everyone falls asleep]

Do you not think that when time after time the team capitulates in exactly the way that we are anticipating, that it might possibly be you that's missing something and not the rest of us?

We capitulated in the last 10 minutes, until then, we were doing enough to get something from the game.

As for the away league record, it's been bad for a long time. It was bad last year, we finished 7th. It's bad this year, we're 9th. It'll be largely the home form that decides where we finish in May.

Whether we like it or not, poor away records are not confined to this coach, our club, or football clubs in general. It is the norm that you have a better home record than away one in a season. Occasionally it isn't, but if so, it's the exception rather than the rule.

Roy Hodgson has won 13 matches in his English managerial career.

2 seasons at Fulham, a season and a half at Blackburn, half a season at Liverpool.

13 games from at the very minimum 70 away matches (i cant be arsed researching it)

Dress that up how you want.

I'm sitting here in shock after reading Code's post above. Code, I know you cannot stand Rafa, but I'm glad to see that doesn't extend to defending the indefensible.

I had a similar reaction. Jaw dropped, read it twice, shook my head and wondered "What is this world coming to..."