You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle United away match thread

fowler9

People need to calm down. This was a side managed by Alan Pardew, and we simply can't expect to compete with that kind of football brain. There's going to be a lot of kneejerk criticism from the boo-boys tonight, but the fact is it's almost Christmas and we're still in touch with Sunderland and Bolton, and as long as Blackpool and Blackburn don't win their games in hand, we're still on for that historic place in the top half of the table.

Viva la Royvolution!

That's inevitable from those Liverpool fans these days.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man is not in any way a winner, and this has been clear for quite a while. What we badly need at our football club are winners - people who take losing very badly and don't go on about "taking positives" from the kind of shite we've been served up this season. It's long past the time that he should have been relieved of his duties, and I only hope that our owners realise this. Never have we had a manager whose whole footballing ethos is so out of step with our own.

The man is not in any way a winner, and this has been clear for quite a while. What we badly need at our football club are winners - people who take losing very badly and don't go on about "taking positives" from the kind of shite we've been served up this season. It's long past the time that he should have been relieved of his duties, and I only hope that our owners realise this. Never have we had a manager whose whole footballing ethos is so out of step with our own.

Exactly, a complete coward of a man.

Its actually hard to comprehend just how bad he is, I genuinely believe he's one of the worst managers in the country. He is so clueless its frightening.

Let's be honest, is anyone surprised?

1 win away from home all season, 4 or 5 away wins from Roy in two and a half seasons. Barring a brief ten minutes of pre-match optimism from myself, I'd already resigned myself to another defeat.

Interestingly, we are at the exact same point as Fulham where last season. Atleast we're consistent. However I'd just like to say, as frustrated as I am with the manager, the players too have a hell of a lot to answer for. I don't give a shite if they don't believe in him or not, they're playing for Liverpool Football Club not Roy Hodgson.

We did play well for 15 minutes.

Other than that it was just embarrassing. I am getting to the point now where I'm not going to watch us away from home because it's just not worth the misery it causes. Fair play to Newcastle, they were well up for it and recovered from conceding the equaliser well because I thought we were going to run through them when we did.

But that does not excuse another cancerous display. Firstly, the two centre backs... Skrtel is utter, utter rubbish. He can't head a football to save his life, he gets shrugged off too easily, he's always the wrong side, he has no composure... he's an absolute mess. And the same goes for the other lummox as well - The Greek is a popular figure but tonight shows him up for what he is, more than a little bit shit. He can head the ball, and he does it well for us and he's rarely let us down, but he got bulled to pieces by Ameobi, Nile and above all, Carroll. Both the centre halves did in fact. Carroll will do that to a lot of people, but the Greek was losing the aerial battle as well, supposedly his forte. Not good enough.

Kuyt was dreadful again. If he's struggling playing 4-4-2 on the right then DROP HIM! Joe Cole must be wondering just what he has to do in order to get a game at the moment. True enough he's not in form but he needs to be given the chance to play himself into form! Kuyt needs to be up front, or on the right of a 4-2-3-1. Otherwise the bench. He is a serious impediment to the way we play, and I hate saying it because I like the guy.

Meireles was our best player, the only one who can efficiently pass a football, but it's clear to see he has no confidence in his teammates. He has the vision but Torres is sat with his thumb up his arse. I don't care how good he is, his attitude absolutely stinks and I wouldn't even pick him in the Ressies at the moment. If he wants to go then kindly fuck off. Stop dragging us all down with you.

I do have some sympathy for Hodgson because the three goals we gave away, apart from maybe Carroll's (although Lucas should have closed him down) were all utterly deplorable, and down to shockingly, shockingly bad defending. He's still got to go, because whilst I had few problems with the team tonight he's judged on results and it's another ABYSMAL result. The season is a write off, I'm not kidding myself into thinking we'll make the top 4 because we won't, especially if we can't win away from home which we can't. We need to get our man in and start again. Again, I feel a bit sorry for Hodgson tonight - he doesn't lose headers or fail to clear a ball or not close someone down, but he's got to go.

I do have some sympathy for Hodgson because the three goals we gave away, apart from maybe Carroll's (although Lucas should have closed him down) were all utterly deplorable, and down to shockingly, shockingly bad defending. He's still got to go, because whilst I had few problems with the team tonight he's judged on results and it's another ABYSMAL result. The season is a write off, I'm not kidding myself into thinking we'll make the top 4 because we won't, especially if we can't win away from home which we can't. We need to get our man in and start again. Again, I feel a bit sorry for Hodgson tonight - he doesn't lose headers or fail to clear a ball or not close someone down, but he's got to go.

Agree with that. Roy can't be blamed for the Greek and Skrtel being shite at the back. I've just had enough of it all.

I think the only way forward for us is a change of manager. The player's have to take responsibility for that shite. But the team are just not performing away from home. Its the managers job to do something about that.

I mean if we even were putting in decent performances away from home he might get some leeway but apart from Spurs we've been horriblly utter shite in numerous away games. Tonight being just another one in the list.

We did play well for 15 minutes.

Other than that it was just embarrassing. I am getting to the point now where I'm not going to watch us away from home because it's just not worth the misery it causes. Fair play to Newcastle, they were well up for it and recovered from conceding the equaliser well because I thought we were going to run through them when we did.

But that does not excuse another cancerous display. Firstly, the two centre backs... Skrtel is utter, utter rubbish. He can't head a football to save his life, he gets shrugged off too easily, he's always the wrong side, he has no composure... he's an absolute mess. And the same goes for the other lummox as well - The Greek is a popular figure but tonight shows him up for what he is, more than a little bit shit. He can head the ball, and he does it well for us and he's rarely let us down, but he got bulled to pieces by Ameobi, Nile and above all, Carroll. Both the centre halves did in fact. Carroll will do that to a lot of people, but the Greek was losing the aerial battle as well, supposedly his forte. Not good enough.

Kuyt was dreadful again. If he's struggling playing 4-4-2 on the right then DROP HIM! Joe Cole must be wondering just what he has to do in order to get a game at the moment. True enough he's not in form but he needs to be given the chance to play himself into form! Kuyt needs to be up front, or on the right of a 4-2-3-1. Otherwise the bench. He is a serious impediment to the way we play, and I hate saying it because I like the guy.

Meireles was our best player, the only one who can efficiently pass a football, but it's clear to see he has no confidence in his teammates. He has the vision but Torres is sat with his thumb up his arse. I don't care how good he is, his attitude absolutely stinks and I wouldn't even pick him in the Ressies at the moment. If he wants to go then kindly fuck off. Stop dragging us all down with you.

Spot on, that. A calm and cool analysis that you rarely get on the same day as a disappointing defeat.

I think we need to rebuild from the back. Kyriagos is a whole-hearted player, but he's another of these who have become cult heroes among the supporters without - to be kind - being anyting other than a distinctly average footballer (see Igor Biscan for instance). As for Skrtel, he's just so easy to bully and put off his game, which in the Premiership is fatal. A commanding centre-back would be my first priority - if only so away defeats start to become away draws!