You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang thread - part 2

dave u

We will now find out how serious Broughton is. He said in the statement last friday there was 5 or 6 bid. Is this true? Or is Broughton a lier like the rest of the Board. Well find out soon.

5 or 6 bids could be 2 serious and 3 shit. Or they could all be bogus bids that are completely non sensical and without proof of funding.

I'm now convinced October will be the time where the serious people rear their heads.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broughton is a Chelsea-fan. Of cource he didnt want to sell to Huang and CIC. Liverpool would become a better team then Chelsea, and the current owners would get less back. Of course Broughton, who is hired by Gilletts friend dont want that.

cic said they knew nothing of haung and his move for liverpool.

I think Huang was just a billy bullshitter to be honest otherwise he would have just kept his mouth shut and bought the club and not given interviews to every journalist who would sit and listen.

And those people still banging on about Martin Broughton's Chelski connections are being fucking ridiculous to be honest. He is a top buisnessman, he has been the head of some of the biggest companies in the world and is very well respected in the business world.

Why would he throw away the reputation he had taken years to build up just so that he could mess this club up? And how exactly could he do that even if he wanted to? Is there anybody out there who could do worse than what C&A have already done?

There is no way he would purposely go out to damage this club just because he supports chelsea.

Why do people assume it will be cheaper to buy us in October. Is that because you think buying today has to include a profit for H&G or because RBS will erase some of the debt come october. Our debt is growing so if Huang wants to buy us for the sum of the debt, sooner is cheaper..

I think Huang was just a billy bullshitter to be honest otherwise he would have just kept his mouth shut and bought the club and not given interviews to every journalist who would sit and listen.

I have to agree. Never thought he would be in the running for the club near the end as it was odd he came out so public with his intent and quite coy as to where his money was coming from.

Why do people assume it will be cheaper to buy us in October. Is that because you think buying today has to include a profit for H&G or because RBS will erase some of the debt come october. Our debt is growing so if Huang wants to buy us for the sum of the debt, sooner is cheaper..

the rumour is come october rbs will take control of the club,there for any buyer will just pay of the debt therefore taking control of lfc.

I think Huang doesn't have a choice but wait for bankruptcy proceedings. Look at the Texas Rangers. Hicks refused to sell too until it was out of his hands. Being in sports in the US, I think Huang knew this that is why all his dealings have been with the bank

The initial offer was to the bank, not the club

The supposed proof of funds etc was given to the PA, and the bank. Not to the club

IMO it is time for the FA to step in and put a stop to any bank even thinking of refinancing. I will willingly take the 9 point deduction if we get rid of the cancer, even if it costs us a champions league place (I don't think it will relegate us)

I think our players will stay if we get a good buyer that invests in great players, and will understand the reason we are not in the champs league for another year

I think Huang doesn't have a choice but wait for bankruptcy proceedings. Look at the Texas Rangers. Hicks refused to sell too until it was out of his hands. Being in sports in the US, I think Huang knew this that is why all his dealings have been with the bank

The initial offer was to the bank, not the club

The supposed proof of funds etc was given to the PA, and the bank. Not to the club

IMO it is time for the FA to step in and put a stop to any bank even thinking of refinancing. I will willingly take the 9 point deduction if we get rid of the cancer, even if it costs us a champions league place (I don't think it will relegate us)

I think our players will stay if we get a good buyer that invests in great players, and will understand the reason we are not in the champs league for another year

Huang never had the money, If you could prove funds to RBS, RBS would have made the deal happen.

All these people believing in Haungs PR are totally out to lunch on this one.

The debt-to-equity ratio at the club is shite and any bank refinancing for Hicks and Gillett will be fully aware of this therefore will want the debt reducing before agreeing to a loan.

This is why RBS wanted £100m knocking off the debt so the D/E was not as bad.

Due to the state its in either the loan is liquidated and obviously the creditors get paid out or the asset is sold.

Hicks and Gillett will not sell unless they make a profit and Broughton is not likely to sell the club until late September in time for the loan to expire.

If Broughton sells the club before then without a profit for Hicks and Gillett then off to the courtroom we will go.

We all wanted the club to be sold during the summer so Hodgson could have money to spend but in the grand scheme of things missing out on the transfer window but getting rid of Hicks and Gillett is something im prepared to accept.

The debt-to-equity ratio at the club is shite and any bank refinancing for Hicks and Gillett will be fully aware of this therefore will want the debt reducing before agreeing to a loan.

Due to the state its in either the loan is liquidated and obviously the creditors get paid out or the asset is sold.

Hicks and Gillett will not sell unless they make a profit and Broughton is not likely to sell the club until late September in time for the loan to expire.

If Broughton sells the club before then without a profit for Hicks and Gillett then off to the courtroom we will go.

We all wanted the club to be sold during the summer so Hodgson could have money to spend but in the grand scheme of things missing out on the transfer window but getting rid of Hicks and Gillett is something im prepared to accept.

For Broughton to be able to sell the club by the end of Septermber he needs to find a buyer that actually has money.

So far they dont exisit

For Broughton to be able to sell the club by the end of Septermber he needs to find a buyer that actually has money.

So far they dont exisit

Can I ask how you know that mate?..If huang was a serious bidder then he knew he had competition etc.

And for huang to now concede means the other bidders were not only able to prove their funds but also their intentions.

Huang just made a load of noise to gain his 15 minutes of fame,whilst the others have remained silent. In all honesty I believe a takeover to be announced soon by one of the quiet parties...who have observed the nda agreement ....at least I hope so

I agree. We made a rushed decision in 2007 and look at the consequences.

I trust Martin Broughton to take his time and make the correct decision.

Parry and Moores spent 3 years looking for investment.

Broughton has had since april and then you have barclays involved who will have all the paper work accounts ready. So due dillegence is already done.

Coops, if G&H are personally liable for the late payment charge and not the club then I cant see why they are trying to stall things.

Coops, if G&H are personally liable for the late payment charge and not the club then I cant see why they are trying to stall things.

I doubt very much doubt the club would be sold before October if it meant the owners did not get a nice profit.

RBS will not want to be left open for court action so therefore will have made sure the contract that is signed means come October they are covered as regards they either get their money back or the club.

If there is any extension it will be because a deal is close but needed extra time.

I doubt there will be a refinance by RBS because they want rid of Gillett and Hicks not keep propping them up.

Gillett and Hicks do everything via leverage and any penalties, fines etc will be added onto the final price the owners will want for the club.

If you think they personally will pay any fines then your in dreamland.

I doubt very much doubt the club would be sold before October if it meant the owners did not get a nice profit.

RBS will not want to be left open for court action so therefore will have made sure the contract that is signed means come October they are covered as regards they either get their money back or the club.

If there is any extension it will be because a deal is close but needed extra time.

I doubt there will be a refinance by RBS because they want rid of Gillett and Hicks not keep propping them up.

Gillett and Hicks do everything via leverage and any penalties, fines etc will be added onto the final price the owners will want for the club.

What Happens if no one wants to buy us. Take for example a sum of £400 million including the fines, if the true value is £300 Million. Why would someone pay £400 million.

It does not make sense. If you got no buyer now. You never will when the Debt goes up £450-£500million.

The club as a old stadium. The only value is Torres. Why would someone pay a premium.

What Happens if no one wants to buy us. Take for example a sum of £400 million including the fines, if the true value is £300 Million. Why would someone pay £400 million.

It does not make sense. If you got no buyer now. You never will when the Debt goes up £450-£500million.

The club as a old stadium. The only value is Torres. Why would someone pay a premium.

A new stadium instantly brings in more cash through larger capacity and extra corporate events.

Naming rights on the stadium will bring the cost of that down.

Whilst the marketing/merchandise has improved it can be improved a lot more in places like Asia.

Torres and Gerrard being the biggest selling shirts from the Premiership tells you there is money to be made.

There is rumoured to be a new TV deal coming which will incorporate internet rights which is expected to be worth a lot of money especially to the top clubs.

Why do you think Hicks and Gillett want to hold onto the club.

I know they wont pay, that is obvious.

A new stadium instantly brings in more cash through larger capacity and extra corporate events.

Naming rights on the stadium will bring the cost of that down.

Whilst the marketing/merchandise has improved it can be improved a lot more in places like Asia.

Torres and Gerrard being the biggest selling shirts from the Premiership tells you there is money to be made.

There is rumoured to be a new TV deal coming which will incorporate internet rights which is expected to be worth a lot of money especially to the top clubs.

Why do you think Hicks and Gillett want to hold onto the club.

Your right. But Hicks and Gillete will never benefit from all that due to the interest payments going out which should have been used for the transfer budget. And the debt on the club which should have been the new stadium debt.

A new owner prepared to pay £400 million for a new stadium will kick start all that.

Hicks and Gillete may think that they are clever in adding on the fees to their asking price but thats taking their profit away. They should have taken the £500 million offer from dubai 2 years ago and walked away with £100 million each.

The main point am making is that if their is no buyer now there never will be as the debt grows so does the asking price.

It does not make sense. They have screwed themselves up. Greed.

The club max is only worth £250 million. I can never see someone paying £400million or more. This reflects in why the club as not been sold.