You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best team won, we lost. Get used to it, it’s going to happen again. We’re not at their level. We’ve got four top players in our squad, one goalie, one who’s leaving and one who’s not yet in form. The rest of our team is simply not good enough. Not really bad players, but ordinary players like Kuyt and Lucas. We’ll compete well against the poorer teams, and with a little luck may snatch the odd win against the top four teams, like all the other mid table teams.

Today’s match only reflects the level of our squad. I know it’s hard to accept mediocrity, but that’s just the sorrow fact I’m afraid.

If new owners doesn’t come along it might even get worse. In fact it probably will

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very disapointed with the team of a whole. No understanding what so ever. Poor passing, ball retension piss poor. felt for SG appeared to be fighting a loan battle. Lucas just has to put himself about a lot more. could go on and on. A bad night but all we can really expect against any half decent side due to our present situation.

Don't think we were as bad as some on here but City's goals came at very good times for them to deflate us after we started well & then stop any momentum after half-time. Our last chance of getting a point disappeared when the Gerrard/Ngog/Torres chance failed to go in.

Reminded me a bit of the England v Germany game where one team just had more players in midfield & always had a spare player to pass to.

We need to sort the Mascherano thing out quickly & get a left back in sharpish.

Surprised that Ngog got stick as I thought he was one of our better players & suffered through lack of support.

Spurs showed with a 442 you can trouble this city team. They even managed it with Modric and Huddlestone in CM. What you cannot do though is play your wide players in the center of the park. You have even less chance if you don't even get your full backs forward. Tactical clusterfuck.

And if there is one thing that will guarantee Hodgson gets the sack ASAP, its thinking he's really clever and trying to use Torres in a different way. Don't fuck with Torres. Torres should not be playing through balls to N'Gog, he shouldn't be laying off to Gerrard, he shouldn't be providing the width. Torres is the only good thing we have got going for us right now, so don't be so fucking stupid as to fuck that up or you will be cementing our position outside the top 4.

Very disapointed with the team of a whole. No understanding what so ever. Poor passing, ball retension piss poor. felt for SG appeared to be fighting a loan battle. Lucas just has to put himself about a lot more. could go on and on. A bad night but all we can really expect against any half decent side due to our present situation.

Wouldn't be the first time Stevie was fighting alone

Best team won, we lost. Get used to it, it’s going to happen again. We’re not at their level. We’ve got four top players in our squad, one goalie, one who’s leaving and one who’s not yet in form. The rest of our team is simply not good enough. Not really bad players, but ordinary players like Kuyt and Lucas. We’ll compete well against the poorer teams, and with a little luck may snatch the odd win against the top four teams, like all the other mid table teams.

Today’s match only reflects the level of our squad. I know it’s hard to accept mediocrity, but that’s just the sorrow fact I’m afraid.

If new owners doesn’t come along it might even get worse. In fact it probably will

Exactly the way i see it.

You have just got to laugh at what we have turned into if u dont you feel like topping yourself,il take relegation no star players the lot ,i want to watch a game of football enjoy it not here about them two cunts all the time if that means championship or relegation fighters id take,just so i can sit back and know its all about the game not fucking cash .DIE YOU DISPICABLE CUNTS

That was shit from Roy. You can't defend that deep, and be that un-organised and hope to get away with it. Just a complete and utter mess from the first to last minutes of the game. We didn't even get after City or make it difficult for them.

Even when we needed to push on and try and salvage something, our CB's were planted to the edge of our own penalty area. What in the fuck is that like?

Guest ShoePiss

Don't agree, we just need a manager that can work with the players, understand them and get the best out of them. We need a better man manager, Rafa is shit at man management. Let them go out and enjoy themselves, play 442, it's a simple game really only Rafa doesn't let them express themselves.

You have just got to laugh at what we have turned into if u dont you feel like topping yourself,il take relegation no star players the lot ,i want to watch a game of football enjoy it not here about them two cunts all the time if that means championship or relegation fighters id take,just so i can sit back and know its all about the game not fucking cash .DIE YOU DISPICABLE CUNTS

I ve never harboured so much hatred towards my fellow man, than I do to those 2 twats in charge. Aids and Cancer is really too good for them both.

Blaming individual players or squad quality for tonight is pointless.

Our main problem was being too narrow. Kuyt was constantly infield as was Jovanovic. When Lucas/Gerrard had it they were too often having to pass narrow. City had three in midfield and the lack of breadth we played with was perfect for them. This was obvious, yet our system was not changed. As a result we were easy to close down and could not build any possession.

In defense, we were positionally terrible. At the end of the game Andy Gray analysed their first goal and he could hardly even conclude who was supposed to be picking up Milner. I think he punted on Skrtel in the end but it could have been any one of about three players, none of whom were picking him up.

Top to bottom a hideous performance.

It was Gerrard, simple as. But like last season midfielders watch the ball and not the runners.

Can't remember the last time we were beaten so comprehensively against a team that barely even went out of their way to perform.

Hhhmmm horrible eh?

What I don't get is people saying Roy is working with Rafas team which has some valid points... But

Why is ROY starting Lucas?

Why did the lma manager of the year watch us go 3-0 down and do... Nothing? Babel and Patchs brought on WAY to late to do' anything! At half time Poulsen should of replaced Lucas and controlled the midfield so Gerrard could drift forward and then kuyt should of gone up front with Torres and Babel pushing wide on the left and Jovanovic on the right with N'Gog benched.

Now my ideas aren't perfect but at least it's an idea... Which Roy appeared to be clean our of

Why are people trying to turn this into a Rafa vs. Roy thing? It's fucking pathetic. Roy was brought in knowing he'd have nothing to spend, knowing that t was his job to get this team playing again. He's failing so far, i don;t care how early it is, because what we've seen so far from him on the footballing side has been nothing but disappointing.