You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
Reina - That was NOT Pep Reina.

Johnson - fucking awful, every time he gave the ball away, Defend? he can't even attack judging by that performance.

Carra - If he got more than 12 touches I'm a Dutchman. Hardly imperious but not really a bad performance.

Skrtel - Dowd kind of gelded him in the first five minutes. Still found the zeal to give a pen though (yes it was a dive. but diving in doesn't help

Agger - Terrible, not a left back.

Kuyt - Utterly pointless, no positional sense and always running behind City shirts when we were in possession so he wasn't even an outlet, even SWP learnt something about running into cul-de-sacs tonight.

Lucas - Shouldn't have played, proved why.

Gerrard - Sat far too deep, but he had to because Lucas was playing. Snatched at his shots, one of which he really should have hit the target with.

Jovanovic - Richards muscled him out and he didn't look like he fancied it, far below the standard of his other games.

N'Gog - did a lot of work for little reward, was at his most wasteful when he dropped deep, but had some joy out wide, should have scored but hit his shot down the middle.

Torres - a few nice turns and some pace, the ball stuck to him. But still hasn't gotten into gear.

Babel - Did one thing. One. Two if you include saved Torres' legs.

Pacheco - Only had the ball a few times, but he showed how much difference a touch of composure in the wide areas could have made.

If we had brought Poulsen on at half time and Maxi and Dani on sooner we could be looking at a different result. It's not the choice of system that cost us (although 4-2-3-1 would have been my call, Mascha could have made 4-4-2 work). It's the failure to adapt.

That said, we are going to lose some games, it happens. I hope Roy learned a lot about this and I hope he can speak as directly to the players about the problems as he does to the press. He needs to get angry and get a reaction.

It really was the choice of system that cost us, it didn't work at all. I agree that we failed to adapt to the situation, changing the choice of system would be adapting which we simply didn't do. Just sat there hoping the same system would strangely work out.

Someone posted a deer in headlights picture, sums it up for me. What a surprise though? Roy Hodgson, Liverpool manager? Fuck right off. It's a fucking joke that we are in this position and the root of that hasn't changed at all, it's always been about the owners and still is.

Clearly there was a complete inbalance in the side and running through our squad. Playing five forwards, Lucas and a makeshift LB away from him was inviting trouble and tactically it was as bad as I can recall( I should say that for the good of my health I did block out certain games last season).

What is important now is that the manager not let the type of malaise that practically ended our challenge last season set in. Show a lot of positive intent in our next three games, don't revert to safety first and the embarassment that was tonight needn't cripple this season. Tonights performance was concerning but it was only three points and a three points most sides aren't going to get at that.

Go and support Inter then with your fella you glory hunter x

What is the point of this? One has won a CL, 2 La Ligas, an FA and UEFA Cup. The other has won fuck all in comparison really and has been in the game twice as long.

The Knives are being sharpened tonight, I hope Roy has learnt a lot from this game. 4-4-2 will not work, of all the games to go and attack, Man City at Eastlands is not one of them. Should have played a 5 man midfield, Gerrard, Lucas and Maxi behind Torres, or Poulsen for Lucas. Shame Masch is being a cunt, we really could have used him. Agger is not a left back, and finally what's happened to Pepe Reina!? He needs to pull it together quickly.

Only players who can emerge from that game with some dignity are Johnson, Carra, Gerrard and N'Gog. I thought Jova worked hard to.

I feel as low as i've ever felt as a red tonight

had I a gun i'd be shooting freddie boswell for killing my club the useless cunt

Fucking hell mate. Man up for fucks sake.

It's only Roys second game for crying out loud.

Roy said in his post match interview that we were toothless. Hopefully he won't play the same fucking midfield ever again.

Very naive tactics from Hodgson. Barry/De Jong/Toure were always going to steam roll over a midfield pairing of Lucas (anonymous) and Gerrard (not a holding midfielder). The Mascherano situation can't be helped but there's no excuse for leaving a destroyer-type like Poulsen on the bench facing such an obvious mismatch.

Alternatively, Babel/Maxi out wide in a 4-5-1 would have given us far more balance than saddling Torres with a strike partner he neither wants nor needs.

Even 3-2-4-1 with Aurelio/Johnson as wing backs and Agger alongside Carra/Skrtel would have been reasonable given the circumstances.

Anything but kamikaze 4-4-2.

From BBC SPORT BBC Sport - Football - Live - Man City v Liverpool

2218: Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson on Javier Mascherano: "His head is being turned by Barcelona, who are making overtures to him but they can't agree a fee with the club. There is speculation about his future and at the moment his mind is not right. Until an offer matches our valuation he will stay with us."

That's all well and good, but I'd like to hear about why we were so poor. Ask that question you cunts.

Too many cunts on here sound like they want us to do bad now that Benitez is gone. Go and follow the fat cunt and fuck off and support Inter.

You have really changed alot in the last year on this forum. The majority of your posts in relation to football and especially Rafa are loud and obnoxious and frankly embarrassing. You aren't a cunt and in fact are quite sound. I find it strange mate.

Welcome to the forum but I wouldn't go that far mate. Windows still open, hope is still alive but we need to improve on tonight... And how!

Thanks for the welcome. Was just trying to to lighten my mood. The cat's getting a royal kicking after that fecking display.

Oh and nice to see some soft cunt wants to hand out neg. Steaming cos we lost are you?

Blaming individual players or squad quality for tonight is pointless.

Our main problem was being too narrow. Kuyt was constantly infield as was Jovanovic. When Lucas/Gerrard had it they were too often having to pass narrow. City had three in midfield and the lack of breadth we played with was perfect for them. This was obvious, yet our system was not changed. As a result we were easy to close down and could not build any possession.

In defense, we were positionally terrible. At the end of the game Andy Gray analysed their first goal and he could hardly even conclude who was supposed to be picking up Milner. I think he punted on Skrtel in the end but it could have been any one of about three players, none of whom were picking him up.

Top to bottom a hideous performance.

Fucking hell mate. Man up for fucks sake.

It's only Roys second game for crying out loud.

Roy said in his post match interview that we were toothless. Hopefully he won't play the same fucking midfield ever again.

I've been one of the blind telling everyone else to man up but that drove it home

There is a huge gulf growing between us and the other teams going for top 4, we've got no chance and it'll kill us not getting in unless we get bought.

I know its 2nd game in, i know that but its just fucking done me right in