You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think he's alluding to the fact that there are a group of people with an unhealthy devotion to Rafael Benitez. That's my take on it anyway.

Probably worth mentioning that the make-up of our fanbase has changed markedly after Istanbul and I don't have to tell anyone on here how the whopper contingent has exploded. When you add that to the opposition that has existed before, during and after his appointment, it should be no surprise he's in for a lot of criticism. In that context, as the first post-Istanbul appointment, Hodgson is always going to find meeting the various expectations difficult.

The interesting part of this, for me, is whether this is how our support now is, becoming almost indistinguishable from other teams, or whether it's just because of the testing circumstances.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benitez drove me mad at times, especially in the transfer market, so I'm no kneejerk Rafa-ite. But on tactics, he'd see Hodgson off 9 times out of 10.

After taking just 5 points from 12 against Roy in the last two years, maybe not.

Roy is in an impossible position on Thursday. Win and everyone says it was easy. Lose and his critics will tear into him.

After 3 GAMES. :eek:

Nah.

There’s a fair amount of shit stirring, old score settling and hysteria on the forum, especially just after a 3-0 defeat.

Roy has probably got the most difficult working conditions of any new manager we’ve had in years. Most people understand the owners are killing the club, and that any new manager needs time.

There is plenty of room for valid criticisms and justifiable fears and worries, however, and these shouldn’t be mistaken for getting on his back.