You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

England v Slovenia

RedinSweden

All down to this one then.

Get rid of Heskey for starters as Defoe did more within a minute of coming on than Heskey did all match. So either Defoe or Crouch for him. Then get rid of Barry, play Gerrard behind Rooney and have Joke Hole on the left.

I’d go:

------------Jamo-----------

Johnno---- Big JT--- Daws--- Thingy, nobbed that bird from Girls Aloud, you know, plays for Chewsea

Whathisface from Villa---Lamps----GazBaz--- Joke Hole

-------------Stevie G-------

------------Wazza----------

If it were daaahn to me like.

That's the thing. If he plays Cole and doesn't play Heskey it's probably a clear sign that the meeting they had has really worked and they're connecting, but if not the fallout will probably happen for weeks on end if they mess this next match up. They just have to listen to eachothers problems and do something about it. Some ideas, plans, and ego's have to be put to one side, because if they can manage it and get into the next round it could make our chances of doing something special here a lot more likely.

If we get our shit together and win the group we might make it to the semis at least and face Brazil by the looks of it, but if not wednesday will signal a wake up call for a lot of people. The annoying thing is that we should be able to win this next match easily. If it was a group game we'd hardly even care and probably see them win 2-0 or 3-0, so why all the nerves now? They need to focus, and quickly. And in training over the coming days as much as the game itself.

england over and out

anyone see stevie g give that dreadful pass five yeards behind when lampard was int her box and then looked at lampard and said why did you not run to the ball because i'm trying to save my embarrasment

that is your captain folks - your leader of men

it confirmed to me that stevie g is the most overrated of footballers as while he has massive physical ability he has little intelligence

That's the thing. If he plays Cole and doesn't play Heskey it's probably a clear sign that the meeting they had has really worked and they're connecting, but if not the fallout will probably happen for weeks on end if they mess this next match up. They just have to listen to eachothers problems and do something about it. Some ideas, plans, and ego's have to be put to one side, because if they can manage it and get into the next round it could make our chances of doing something special here a lot more likely.

If we get our shit together and win the group we might make it to the semis at least and face Brazil by the looks of it, but if not wednesday will signal a wake up call for a lot of people. The annoying thing is that we should be able to win this next match easily. If it was a group game we'd hardly even care and probably see them win 2-0 or 3-0, so why all the nerves now? They need to focus, and quickly. And in training over the coming days as much as the game itself.

No thats rubbish. If Capello plays Cole its not because he wants to its because the likes of Terry and co have the hump and player power has come into the equation. Capello should stand up to that shit and tel them to fuck off. Anyway. according to Sky sports Sources he refused to talk tactics with them. WHich is right.

Capello needs to drop Lampard.

I'd start Crouch, Joe Cole and Wright-Phillips.

James

Johnson

Terry (unfortunately, there's nobody else)

Dawson (one of the most over-rated defenders I've seen, but again, no other choice)

Cole

Wright-Phillips (mainly because he's better at crossing-marginally- than Lennon)

Gerrard

Barry

Joe Cole

Crouch

Rooney

Abandon Lampard, he's done nothing. If Barry is indeed the lynchpin of Capello's plans, then Lampard needs to go because you don't drop Gerrard in a straight choice between him and 'Lamps'. Gerrard scored his-and England's only- goal from the centre of midfield, and then he's played out on the left to accomodate Lampard?? Madness. He needs to be back in the middle, pulling the strings. Cole is probably England's most technically gifted player and therefore that invention is needed to help break down what will be a stubborn defence. And Crouch's goalscoring record, particularly against "lesser" teams, speaks for itself. Drop Heskey.

Koren and Co. seem to be quite confident of getting through.

This article makes for interesting reading

Slovenia will not be scared of Rooney and England.

It includes this very prescient bit:

Zlatko Zahovic, who played for Slovenia at the 2002 World Cup and is regarded as his nation's greatest footballer after a career that included spells with Porto, Valencia and Benfica before retiring in 2005, has described England as "a team full of stars and egos". He also suggested that Capello's squad "cannot possibly spend a month and a half together without friction".

Always liked the Zlat.

Some people haven't been watching England for very long.

They'll win, probably unconvincingly, before being heroically defeated in the next round by some ruddy foreigners.

I thought, maybe scrape through tomorrow with a one nil, or a late second goal. Then a better performance and an extra time win in the last 16. Then they'll be world beaters again according to the press anyway. Eventually they'll slump out in the Quarters to a decent side.

However with a few cracks appearing in the camp, I'm going with your summation.

I really don't think we'll ever do fuck all while it's still all about things like 'passion' and 'tempo'. If we don't develop our skill and passing I just don't see the point. We could even make the semis if (obviously a fucking huge, huge if.) the side click, but it's just so obvious that we'll get twatted all over the place by Brazil at that point so it kind of takes the excitement out of things.