You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

England v Slovenia

RedinSweden

Cole has been the best left back in the world since 2002 imo. he had an off perios when he first joined chelsea but he's back to his best now.

as for goals from left back.... jamie clapham scored about 1o one season for ipswich, did that make him a good left back.

George, don't bother. Really.

You'll never persuade Code that he might be wrong. His ego cannot comprehend such a concept.

he's fucking immense Ian as much as it pains me to say. He's every bit as good as Torres imo, possibly better. I used tot hink he was massively overrated, a good player but nothing more but he has matured into a fantastic footballer who has every attribute you could wish for in a forward.

as far as i'm concerned Messi is head & shoulders above any player at present then there's a group below him - i'd defo include rooney in that group.

To be honest mate I'm not gonna argue with you including him in that group of players. Perhaps I'm a biased cunt that doesn't wanna see how good he is but I just don't rate him at the same level as the likes of Torres.

Not yet at least. He's got a couple of years on those I consider to be above him so time may change this but if I was taking a World squad to a tournament, I don't think he'd be in it. That for me makes him not world class.

Have you seen Nando so far this tournament? No better than Rooney to be honest.

And before you say he's been injured, so has Rooney.

Torres has been well below par for his around 90-100 minutes on the pitch. Although he's looked more likely to do something in that time than Rooney has.

Guest Pistonbroke
Torres has been well below par for his around 90-100 minutes on the pitch. Although he's looked more likely to do something in that time than Rooney has.

He really hasn't, both have been poor.

Guest Pistonbroke
Both have been poor, both have been way below their best but Torres wasn't far off a couple of goals the other night. I can't remember thinking the same about Rooney.

He came closer than Torres man. I hate the inbred fuck, but sometimes you have to say things how you see them. Still time for both players to make an impact like.

Both have been poor, both have been way below their best but Torres wasn't far off a couple of goals the other night. I can't remember thinking the same about Rooney.

Rooney hit the post, Torres shots were way off. Both were poor, neither of them was better than the other really.

He came closer than Torres man. I hate the inbred fuck, but sometimes you have to say things how you see them. Still time for both players to make an impact like.

Mate, I honestly don't remember it. I have been drinking a fair bit during the tournament so probably missed his chances but I still don't remember them.

Guest Pistonbroke
Mate, I honestly don't remember it. I have been drinking a fair bit during the tournament so probably missed his chances but I still don't remember them.

He hit the post, it was a scuffed effort which he should have scored like. But i can't remember Torres coming that close. They both look way off the pace.

Tell you what, Lampard is a fucking fraud. He does absolutely nothing and is just looking for an opportunity to shoot. That's all he can do, he has nothing else in his locker.

Massively over-rated and only effective when a whole team is built around him, in my opinion.

Tell you what, Lampard is a fucking fraud. He does absolutely nothing and is just looking for an opportunity to shoot. That's all he can do, he has nothing else in his locker.

Massively over-rated and only effective when a whole team is built around him, in my opinion.

He's in the team on reputation only at the moment because he's done nothing in three games.

Lampard's performances in the last tournament were disgraceful. All he did, quite literally, was nothing but shoot from range at every possible opportunity. Hardly any were on target. He had most attempts on goals in the last WC and did not score any, and only a few tested the 'keeper. He's a fat waste of fucking space, not up to international standard at all.

My brother is a bigger England supporter than me and he was going apoplectic at Lampard. Every expletive under ther sun was aimed in his direction.

He has a point as apart from 2 good chances missed, Lampard has done fuck all all tournament. He's been invisible. When England started to look under pressure yesterday he was nowhere to be seen, he wasn't looking for the ball and considerign who the opponents were both him & Barry should have been domination the central midfield.

He is the modern David Platt.

Guest Pistonbroke

Against Germany we'll revert back to 4-5-1 imo as that is how the Germans will set up. Cole should have Müller in his pocket but Podolski v Johnson will be a good battle. If they revert to Klose up front i can't see Terry and Upson/Carra having many worries as he's clearly not match fit. With Gerrard back in central midfield we'll look more solid there.

Gerrard can't be played at left mid against the Germans. That flank is pretty song with Lahm and Muller, and Oezil occasionally drifting across as well.

He needs to be in Center mid, with Lampard being dropped to the bench in my opinion. It's a pity that there's no natural left winger in the squad.

england over and out

anyone see stevie g give that dreadful pass five yeards behind when lampard was int her box and then looked at lampard and said why did you not run to the ball because i'm trying to save my embarrasment

that is your captain folks - your leader of men

it confirmed to me that stevie g is the most overrated of footballers as while he has massive physical ability he has little intelligence

I was called a bell-end for this by a bell-end when in fact I should have been called insightful and prophetic.