You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup Fantasy football ?

Guest Pistonbroke

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I can tell The_Blerts and myself ended up on 98 points each, but I've gone through to the quarters on goals scored, and with only 1 more. Can't believe it came down to that. If I've got it right and that's the case, whoever you are : well played!

Did make it through on goal difference, watching Spain vs Portugal was a nightmare with checking so often, especially with Blerts having Iniesta and Pique. Grats aswell James, I slipped from 12th to 13th in the league table, mainly because I only realised earlier that you could have more than 2 players from each team after the last 16. (serious regrets there!)

So as the rounds pass now I've a big chance of slipping further back, unless my picks are almost all from teams that win in this next round. Can't really afford to lose many more players.

Guest Pistonbroke

We're fucked with any idea we had of subbing Suarez Red. Riles stipulate you can't sub a player who was sent off. Fuckety fuck fucks.

Well played to SalteBanana for knocking me out of world cup mode. Having 3 out of 4 defence Brazilians and Suarez as captain on the first day was just too much of a blow to recover from. Left at 15th in the league now with a team made up of 8 Spanish, 2 Uruguayan and 1 German. It's been great fun though, and I'll miss it a lot when the world cup is over.

Guest Pistonbroke
Well played to SalteBanana for knocking me out of world cup mode. Having 3 out of 4 defence Brazilians and Suarez as captain on the first day was just too much of a blow to recover from. Left at 15th in the league now with a team made up of 8 Spanish, 2 Uruguayan and 1 German. It's been great fun though, and I'll miss it a lot when the world cup is over.

I'm slowly making my way down the league. Been a lot of fun though and hopefully we can sort out a fantasy league for the upcoming season.

I'm slowly making my way down the league. Been a lot of fun though and hopefully we can sort out a fantasy league for the upcoming season.

Definitely. Can't wait to do this on long-term basis. I loved doing it last year, but it'd be more fun with a TLW league.

Going into the final matches with 5 Uruguayans and 6 Spanish, have been wanting to finish in the top 5 but that looks out of the question. The 8 Spain players I had for tonight just got me 63 points though so maybe there's a chance....just waiting for the board to update.

Ended 4th. Pretty delighted with that. I'm also glad I won two other Mega-leagues, I was in.

Well done to MGW100, you've been superb this fantasy tournament.

I really enjoyed this and hope we can do this again in August when the EPL Fantasy starts.

Ended 4th. Pretty delighted with that. I'm also glad I won two other Mega-leagues, I was in.

Well done to MGW100, you've been superb this fantasy tournament.

I really enjoyed this and hope we can do this again in August when the EPL Fantasy starts.

You can pick your team for the new FPL season from tomorrow

Fair play mate, I was second

I did win the FPL one by over 100 points though...

Was that you last year? That was an amazing performance. Well done

I managed to win the TLW league the year before (113th over the whole game actually if I do say so myself), but had a pretty torrid time last year (came 13th or something in the TLW)...

It took me too long to work out that it was all about the strikers rather than the midfielders last year which was a shift from previous years approach

Anyway, looking forward to next season

Stevie S..your moniker is Stephen Scully right? Just occured to me. You've been kicking about the last few years near the top. I'm Mike Williams/The Mediocres and I think we've had a few battles over the years...

That's me. I only realised you were Mike tonight as well, The Blerts bit confused me, i didnt kop The Mediocres team name

Yeah I noticed you had a bit of an off year by your high standards last season. I was 123rd overall last season, not quite as good as your best!

Seems like you're a fellow FF anorak...

Was that you last year? That was an amazing performance. Well done

I managed to win the TLW league the year before (113th over the whole game actually if I do say so myself), but had a pretty torrid time last year (came 13th or something in the TLW)...

It took me too long to work out that it was all about the strikers rather than the midfielders last year which was a shift from previous years approach

Anyway, looking forward to next season

Yeah all about strikers and cheap defenders last season

Didnt realise you had such a high overall rank in 08/09 (had a quick check there it was actually 119th :biggrin:), there was no catching you anyway

Looking forward to seeing the player prices tomorrow and working on a first draft for the season