You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup Fantasy football ?

Guest Pistonbroke

Guest Pistonbroke

Is anybody thinking of setting up a private league in one of the various games knocking about ?

The final squads are being released on the 4th June, so not really any point of starting one until then.

If nobody has any plans then i'll start a private league off once the finalised squads are released. This thread is basically to see if there is enough interest.

The only ones i can find are.

FSports. FSPORTS : Fantasy World Cup Football - 2010

McDonalds McDonald's FIFA World Cup Fantasy

Metro. Metro Fantasy Football 2009 / 2010 | Metro Fantasy Football 2009/10 - Welcome | Metro.co.uk

Any better ones out there ? Any preferences ?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely there'll be enough people having a go if you get one started. Should give an added interest to the matches our players are in aswell. That first link only allows 1 player from each team though, is it like that in all of them? I'd have thought two at least would be good. I want Messi and Higuan, not just one of them!

Guest Pistonbroke
Surely there'll be enough people having a go if you get one started. Should give an added interest to the matches our players are in aswell. That first link only allows 1 player from each team though, is it like that in all of them? I'd have thought two at least would be good. I want Messi and Higuan, not just one of them!

I'll have a look at all three in more detail and see which one looks the best. Once the finalised squads are handed in and the game is up and running i'll start a private league up and post the details in this thread. If anyone knows of a better site for this then feel free too mention it.

Guest Pistonbroke
Sky Sports have got one going:

Sky Sports Fantasy Football – South Africa

I'll add it to the above list and see how it compares. Looking for the one which gives the best options and obviously if anyone who plays can win a prize then all the better. Also looking at the one which will have the most likely fastest updates/least spam etc etc.

Guest Pistonbroke

It will definitely be a freebie, most of them are anyway. Like i said earlier in the thread, the final squads won't be released until June the 4th so once they are i will sought out a private league for TLW. I'll add the details to this thread and also PM everyone who has shown an interest in this thread.

If you subscribe to this thread it will also appear in your CP in bold when new posts are added.

Guest Pistonbroke

I've gone ahead and created a league using the McDonalds one as imo it has the best lay out and scoring system etc.

Teams can not be chosen until the finalised squads are released. But you can register for the game and join the private league.

Link for the home page. McDonald's FIFA World Cup Fantasy

Link for the rules and help. McDonald's FIFA World Cup Fantasy

Once you have registered then here are the details for the private league.

League name. The Liverpool Way

Code. 241844-57747

I'm ynwa1964 and my team name is Threelionsonmyshirt ( looks a bit daft as the knobs put a German flag on my shirt, you have to put your country you reside in on the registration. )

If anyone who showed interest hasn't joined after a few days i'll send PM's out to them.

Registration is free and pretty simple. Make sure to check what boxes you are ticking regards FIFA e-mails etc. If anyone has any problems then feel free to ask. ( PM me ).

Have fun and may the best manager win.