You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hicks and Gillett Officially Put LFC Up For Sale

Paisley Red

What are you basing that statement on?

It seems to me that you're the one showing most effect to Broughton's appointment.

I think people are getting carried away by how much power the bank has. brougton was brought in by G&H not the bank, G&H also brought in barclays caption.

whilst it is brougton who will nogotiate the deal G&H can both together veto a sale. the only thing that has changed is the owners can't veto each other which is irrelavent now as both want out.

there is a deadline but the deadline is months off so broughton an broker a deal without worrying about a time limit.

also at the end of 9 months the yanks still have options if a buyer isn't found, they can sell assets (players) or simply refinance elsewhere and whilst I think it will be difficult to find a banker willing to refinance the loan it wont be impossible, the interest will be sky high though.

the thing that makes me optimistic of a sale is the yanks want out, and that's why I think it will happen but if noone comes up with a 'resonable' offer then the yanks wont sell and the banks can't force them to they can only make things difficult for them if they don't.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we won't be getting sold then, he is a fuckin moron if he thinks people will pay stupid prices

I as going to say this after the Mirror article, where they reckon they had a 420m bid turned down a month ago. That and Hicks comments, whilst just his usual bluster, show that this isn't an end game.

Its supply and demand, while potential buyers keep being found and interest shown, they have no need to sell.

Thats why they keep hiring new companies to search for investment, not to really sell, but to keep the interest there and the banks happy.

Its like selling your house and thinking over an offer, then someone else looks round and says their keen, you keep them all going until someone pays the money.

By Rhone offering approx £100m for a 40% stake that values the Club at approx £250m.

In the official statement yesterday they where spewing shit about all the Revenue that have improved,some of that maybe accurate,but the downside is that any potential bidder will be buying a Club with no CL income,something that H&G had when they bought the Club.

The pair of Cunts can't have it both ways

1.not paying their debts.

2.wanting pie in the sky prices.

The Banks will give them the option of either paying their debts, or sell for a realistic price,the choice is theirs.

And then they say 'thank you verymuch Mr RBS man, but we shall get your money from Mr BarCap'

Mr RBS can either say, on your way, were glad you've gone from Liverpool' or ' erm, OK mr Owners, we've reconsidered and we'll keep you going another 6 months'.

Even if Mr RBS tells them to pay up, Mr BarCap or Mr Webuyanygoldfinance.com will offer them the money.

Do you think any new owner will want to build C+As stadium ? Maybe this is one of the reasons they value the club so highly. They're basically selling the club with a set of plans to build a new stadium' date=' and telling the new owners what to build on that land. Lets just say one of these Arabs we're always hearing about want to buy us. Can you see them wanting to build someone else's design ? I cant

It wouldn't surprise me if the £100m C+A claimed to have spent on the stadium is factored into the selling price. It also wouldn't surprise me if the Cunts are trying to include some sort of earnings on future stadium profits. One of Hicks little traits is to have a finger in the pie once he's gone.[/quote']

i think they would as it has its advantages

1-they wouldn't have to spend x millions on getting a new design drawn up which would take months.

2-who's to say the new design would get planning permission.

anyone comming in would want to get building the new stadium as soon as pos.

And then they say 'thank you verymuch Mr RBS man, but we shall get your money from Mr BarCap'

Mr RBS can either say, on your way, were glad you've gone from Liverpool' or ' erm, OK mr Owners, we've reconsidered and we'll keep you going another 6 months'.

Even if Mr RBS tells them to pay up, Mr BarCap or Mr Webuyanygoldfinance.com will offer them the money.

But why would BarCap take on what is considered "toxic debt"?

Why would the Leeches take on another bank to pay out fees and payments to - increasing the already unmaneageable debt that they have?

Why would Broughton come on board under those conditions? - it's not like he needs the money and if he simply allowed the status quo to go on it would damage his stellar reputation.

Why would the Leeches take on another bank to pay out fees and payments to - increasing the already unmaneageable debt that they have?

Why would Broughton come on board under those conditions? - it's not like he needs the money and if he simply allowed the status quo to go on it would damage his stellar reputation.

the bottom line and the most important factor is the yanks want out. both of them. not 40% 50% but the whole 100%. that's the most important thing.

they have brought in broughton because of his rep, an because it is likely his contacts will drum up interest. I think the sale will happen because of this but if it doesn't and if broughton can't broker a deal to the yanks liking then the club wont be sold and rbs can't force them to do it. if the yanks run out of time it will be interesting to see what happens but they aren't going meekly allow rbs to repossess the club.

Toxic? I thought that is when the debt is higher then the value of the club. Which as far as I am aware isnt.

the bottom line and the most important factor is the yanks want out. both of them. not 40% 50% but the whole 100%. that's the most important thing.

Yes, and to get out they MUST make concessions in their previous standpoint. They simply can't jerk potential purchasers around like they have been.

they have brought in broughton because of his rep, an because it is likely his contacts will drum up interest. I think the sale will happen because of this but if it doesn't and if broughton can't broker a deal to the yanks liking then the club wont be sold and rbs can't force them to do it.

Broughton wouldn't touch this if he wasn't convinced that he had all the cards stacked in his favour. Why else would he get invovled?

if the yanks run out of time it will be interesting to see what happens but they aren't going meekly allow rbs to repossess the club.

The Leeches have already run out of time - that's why BarCap and Broughton have been brought in.

No financial Institution would value Liverpool without CL income above £300m,of that the Owners would be expected to contribute approx £60m of that amount,the figure they currently owe.

There's no equity in Liverpool,where mortgaged to the hilt,why haven't H&G refinanced and gone elsewhere without putting the Club up for sale?

Broughton wouldn't touch this if he wasn't convinced that he had all the cards stacked in his favour. Why else would he get invovled?

Erm, because I'd imagine he's getting an enormous salary.

I'm sure he'll get a huge bonus for brokering some sort of sale too.

Add to that the enhancing of his reputation as a man who gets things done if he gets a sale sorted.

In other words, it's a win win situation for him.

Toxic? I thought that is when the debt is higher then the value of the club. Which as far as I am aware isnt.

The days of 100% mortgages have well and truly gone,the Club is realistically worth approx £300m.

No Bank would give any prospective bidder a 100% mortgage to cover the sale.

Erm, because I'd imagine he's getting an enormous salary.

I'm sure he'll get a huge bonus for brokering some sort of sale too.

Add to that the enhancing of his reputation as a man who gets things done if he gets a sale sorted.

It's a reported £250,000 per month - a bonus on the sale.

Given his already immense salary at BA and the riches he has amassed over the years throughout his business life these are hardly figures that has him rushing home to his missus to tell her that they needn't worry about their next holiday.

He's already a multi millionaire - the thing driving him here is not money, it's vanity - and people like this choose their vanity projects very very carefully. To the point where it's actually harder to fail than it is to succeed. Only success is being considered by him and to do that he will - as I've said - have stacked ALL the cards in his favour.

No financial Institution would value Liverpool without CL income above £300m,of that the Owners would be expected to contribute approx £60m of that amount,the figure they currently owe.

There's no equity in Liverpool,where mortgaged to the hilt,why haven't H&G refinanced and gone elsewhere without putting the Club up for sale?

The reason for this is, in todays banking systerm 100% loans no longer exist. Hicks' is virtualy bankrupt, due to his failing sports ventures. No banker will touch them with a big stick.

They can't raise the £100M and even if they could, they wouldn't put there own capital into such a venture, far too risky for them. They only gamble with other peoples money and livelyhoods.

Well G&H are the two shareholders in the club and can veto any sale.

The banks can put pressure on, but can't make them accept an offer.

If they could we would have had to accept the rhone group offer.

When are people going to get it into their heads.

The Owners can't have it both ways!!!!!!!

For the love of god what don't you get??

It's fuckin simple

a) pay your debts or

b) sell the Club

What part of that don't you get?

It's fuckin simple

a) pay your debts or

b) sell the Club

spot on mate..

Well why didn't they do what you suggested?

And not put the Club up for sale.

I'll tell you why,there's no CL money!!

That's why,and another factor is this,they HAVEN'T got the £100m to get the refinanced

Well why didn't they do what you suggested?

And not put the Club up for sale.

I'll tell you why,there's no CL money!!

That's why,and another factor is this,they HAVEN'T got the £100m to get the refinanced

This dream of mine is just a dream.

But wouldn't it be great if on the day they go benitez and purslow call a press conference with the full squad stood behind them.

Rafa begins by thanking purslow for the info given to him at the start of the season, that the loss of cl football would mean the yanks would see the price of their club come down and they would need to invest to get back into the top 4 and they couldn't simply just give for transfers what was brought in from player sales.

Rafa gives a sly little smile, apologises to the fans for the woeful performance of 2009-10 season, but explains it was a neccessary evil.

He laughs saying did we really think he was that stupid, remarking that he learnt this league between feb and may of 2009, the lads can't wait for the new season and are ready to take that style of play into the new campaign.

Followed by a team singing of bye bye baby, baby bye.

This dream of mine is just a dream.

But wouldn't it be great if on the day they go benitez and purslow call a press conference with the full squad stood behind them.

Rafa begins by thanking purslow for the info given to him at the start of the season, that the loss of cl football would mean the yanks would see the price of their club come down and they would need to invest to get back into the top 4 and they couldn't simply just give for transfers what was brought in from player sales.

Rafa gives a sly little smile, apologises to the fans for the woeful performance of 2009-10 season, but explains it was a neccessary evil.

He laughs saying did we really think he was that stupid, remarking that he learnt this league between feb and may of 2009, the lads can't wait for the new season and are ready to take that style of play into the new campaign.

Followed by a team singing of bye bye baby, baby bye.

cat-stupidity1.jpg

I don't know what to expect...I hope things go through quickly. The Yanks - in particular Hicks - are greedy and that thas blocked potential sales so far. I think that the latest comments from hicks are just bluster....they know that without Champions League football we are worth less money as a club not just from revenue but also in terms of attracting new players to improve the squad. They will also be aware that Rafa may well be considering his future (forget if you think that is good or bad) and not want to be trying to find another manager - getting a quality manager under such uncertain circumstances would be near impossible - a manager seen as sub-standard would devalue the club even more. Finally the players - no CL next season and the top players are unsettled...if the yanks are still in charge they HAVE to invest or risk top players leaving and their cash cow being worth even less.

So, the way I see it is that I would not trust those two twats as far as i could throw them but I think they have realised that they are stuck with a club they can no longer afford - a club that will require more investment (that they can not afford and can not borrow) in order to even maintain its value. They know they have to sell and will try to get the best price they can - so I hope they do not get much interest and have to sell for minimum profit

Edited by bigjohn
spelling !

I don't know what to expect...I hope things go through quickly. The Yanks - in particular Hicks - are greedy and that thas blocked potential sales so far. I think that the latest comments from hicks are just bluster....they know that without Champions League football we are worth less money as a club not just from revenue but also in terms of attracting new players to improve the squad. They will also be aware that Rafa may well be considering his future (forget if you think that is good or bad) and not want to be trying to find another manager - getting a quality manager under such uncertain circumstances would be near impossible - a manager seen as sub-standard would devalue the club even more. Finally the players - no CL next season and the top players are unsettled...if the yanks are still in charge they HAVE to invest or risk top players leaving and their cash cow being worth even less.

So, the way I see it is that I would not trust those two twats as far as i could throw them but I think they have realised that they are stuck with a club they can no longer afford - a club that will require more investment (that they can not afford and can not borrow) in order to even maintain its value. They know they have to sell and will try to get the best price they can - so I hope they do not get much interest and have to sell for minimum profit

I agree with alot of what you've written there mate, the question is are the yanks smart enough to understand it's over? Before they destroy this club.

Also if the yanks aren't looking to sell why go down this road? They obviously don't care about LFC, so if they where looking to stay mid-long term wouldn't it be easier to go down the PIK or bonds route for them ala ManUre?

It's fuckin simple

a) pay your debts or

b) sell the Club

that's what we were told before. or how about keep killing time and getting rbs to extend till you can find some cunt stupid enough to loan you the money to pay rbs off, so keeping hold of the cash cow that is LFC.

anyone who thinks broughton wouldn't have taken this job trying to sell the club with C&A wanting too much money is kidding themselves. he doesn't risk his reputation at all. if he fails to sell the club, he just holds his hands up and says "i did my thing, got people to the table and the owners turned down the bids. everyone knows C&A are cunts, so it's not my fault, blame them". broughton is in a no lose situation. he is probably being paid a couple of mil per year to do 1 or 2 days a months work. he's already done his work for april doing those interviews.