You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not giving any though. We've vastly under-achieved. But the hysteria that comes out when we don't twat some lower ranked side is borderline pathetic.

we don't twat them? Fuckin hell, we don't even try to shoot. Losing is one thing, losing because we're trying to 0-0 a side to death is quite another. We are a fucking embarrasment and you get our manager coming out after the game saying he's confused by our performance or whatever nonsense it was he spouted. What is there to be confused about, we play like this in every away match no matter the quality of the opposition, just since the turn of the year I can think of exactly the same against Stoke, wolves, arsenal, Reading and there's probably been more but to save me my brain has erased them from my memory. We are fucking shite and the reason we are shite is because our manager doesn't trust our players to play so we get this fucking awful football to watch week after week. I just wish he would fuck off and we could put the tea lady in charge.

Guest davelfc

I think his time is up, but that doesn't mean I'm oblivious to the good that's he done. IF he was to stay next season I wouldn't be unhappy as I'd love to be proved wrong, and could even envisage him doing well. That said, the more games I see like last nights the more I question the varacity of this. It's a quandary for me certainly as to whether he stays or goes, as as much as I wouldn't be unhappy if he stayed, I'd kick myself for being so stupid and weak if next season mirrored this.

This is exactly where I find myself.

This is exactly where I find myself.

Exactly.

Overall I think we're mainly a loyal bunch, I believe even the "anti-Rafa" brigade don't wish the fella any harm and, I dare say, would prefer him leaving to be on much more positive terms than would be the case if he went soon.

I can't comprehend whether the way in which the team plays is ALL down to the manager. He might well decide on the tactics before a game but surely, as professionals, the players MUST know when it's not working? Do they then blindly play on regurgitating the same old crap, or do they decide to change it (shackles off?) and be more positive? Are they that scared of Rafa that they carry on regardless?

I could handle us getting beat by some teams if we were more positive, but the dross we're producing in all our games, win, draw or lose, at the moment is inexplicable compared to the performances last seasons end with pretty much the same players.

The way some of those players played tonight you would think they didn't care.

Maybe some think a change is coming, maybe some know their time is up, bar a couple of players they should be ashamed. So too the manager and his staff.

Even more shocking is people can still defend this.

we don't twat them? Fuckin hell, we don't even try to shoot. Losing is one thing, losing because we're trying to 0-0 a side to death is quite another. We are a fucking embarrasment and you get our manager coming out after the game saying he's confused by our performance or whatever nonsense it was he spouted. What is there to be confused about, we play like this in every away match no matter the quality of the opposition, just since the turn of the year I can think of exactly the same against Stoke, wolves, arsenal, Reading and there's probably been more but to save me my brain has erased them from my memory. We are fucking shite and the reason we are shite is because our manager doesn't trust our players to play so we get this fucking awful football to watch week after week. I just wish he would fuck off and we could put the tea lady in charge.

We don't have a tea lady, she was binned off in the summer during the great academy purge.

Not giving any though. We've vastly under-achieved. But the hysteria that comes out when we don't twat some lower ranked side is borderline pathetic.

It just shows how much some fans have lowered their expectations. We dont have a shot on target against a Wigan side that hasn't won in 7 games and it's 'yeah but Torres had one chance he mis-hit'.

It's not hysertical, it's not a one off, it's saying that it's nowhere near good enough for Liverpool FC.

Dont post on here often but need to release. Last nite we couldnt string more than 3 passes together unless it was across our back 4 until Aqualani came on. We showed no movement no skill even no desire in my eyes, this against a team who havent won at home in the league since Novemeber. We don't have to compare ourselves to anyone other than ourselves, we are the most successful club this land has ever seen and only need to look at where we are now. Yes the football landscape has changed since we last won the league title but has it changed that much in a year that we can go from playing teams off the park and earlier last season when we didnt give up in games and showed desire and passion even when not playing well? Unfortunately this season, apart from a few notable exceptions we have seen very little of this

Agree with that.

Are you going to be forced to change your name by the way? Suggests an affinity with the chaps trying to buy out Manchester United?

Hang on a cotton pickin'. If I could afford that I'd buy us first and be worshipped as a God by all of you.

Or am I...??

Fair do's. Same Wigan that beat Chelsea there mind.

What the fuck are you on about? Chelsea are in a 3 horse race for the league, we'll be lucky to get in the top 6! Just stop with your fucking Tomkins style blinkers and accept that we are so shit that it deserves this backlash. It's not a reaction to one result, it's the reaction to a full season of shit, robbing cunt owners and a manager and team that have completely lost their way. We're worse now than when Rafa took over. He needs to get some hairs on his sack and voluntarily fuck off. Now

Using the Mancs as a yardstick isn't the smartest idea seeing as they're three times champs and we're useless. How did the Shite or Spurs do against Wolves? They're on our level.
I wish we were on their level Julian. It pains me to say it but Everton's style of football at the minute is streets ahead of ours. They pass the ball better, attack better, and have a manager who has a will to win games.

Last night was just another game were we failed to put the opposition keeper under any pressure. There's been plenty of other games this season where we've only had a couple of attempts on goal. TBH, I'm absolutely amazed that were still in with a shout of fourth place.

I'd get rid of Rafa now and give it to Kenny till the end of the season. I'd even give it to Aldo or Phil Tommo. At least we'll go down fighting and see something that actually resembles football.

I honestly wouldn't mind a season out of European football as I think I'm seeing far to much of Liverpool. As has been said elsewhere, it's becoming a chore watching us.

Please can this season just end.

Looks like fourth place is all but gone so if there was someone available now i would get rid and give the new bloke the rest of the season to judge the players.

The state we are in though lower's the chance of someone been available.

Coop as you know I've been following your opinions on Rafa. What was it about last night that made you post this, as I know it wont have been an easy post to write. Was it the performance and result or that forth looks beyond us now.

I wish we were on their level Julian. It pains me to say it but Everton's style of football at the minute is streets ahead of ours. They pass the ball better' date=' attack better, and have a manager who has a will to win games.

Last night was just another game were we failed to put the opposition keeper under any pressure. There's been plenty of other games this season where we've only had a couple of attempts on goal. TBH, I'm absolutely amazed that were still in with a shout of fourth place.

I'd get rid of Rafa now and give it to Kenny till the end of the season. I'd even give it to Aldo or Phil Tommo. At least we'll go down fighting and see something that actually resembles football.

[b']I honestly wouldn't mind a season out of European football as I think I'm seeing far to much of Liverpool. As has been said elsewhere, it's becoming a chore watching us.[/b]

Please can this season just end.

I'm going to Lille tomorrow and never have I looked forward to a euro away less. In fact, I don't know why I'm going - I'm not fussed on France, Lille is hardly the best France has to offer, the ale we be expensive and the last thing I want to do is watch the turgid shite we'll server up. Never has a match been more setup for rafa to bore the living shit out of us. Our only hope is we get a post-reading style reaction from the players and at least the run about looking arsed.

But he didn't.

If Alonso had stayed......

Ifithadntbeenfer....

Excuses time is over. This has been a dreadful season full of dreadful Liverpool performances. There have been a few good ones, but the overall season has been bad. The simple fact is we're in a hole now, and the only way out is to stop digging.

We're stuck with the owners for God knows how long, which makes things more complicated. Rafa must go, because we are now regressing, but who chooses the new manager?

Don't know what the answer is. All I do know is we're going backwards and the football is horrible to watch.

Apart from the Rafa must go part I don't disagree with any of that. Perhaps I was coming across wrong in me first lot of replies. It does, however, piss me off when we don't conviningly beat the likes of Wigan that people use the phrase "we should be twattin' them". It really does annoy because football has never been that simply. That's all I was originally alluding to.

You are making it sound as though you are satisfied.

You may want to lift your standards some, Ian.

Not at all mate, I'm far from satisfied with all this. It's one of the worst returns of performances in away games that I can remember. I really don't get how it is so bad though.

Ian, with all due respect. How many shots on target did those teams have at Wigan? Cos we had none.

Honestly I've no idea and what I was saying wasn't meant to be excusing our own level of performance, merely pointing out that losing at Wigan isn't as much of a hanging offense as people make it out to be.

It's not just some though Ian is it? It's not simply one game taken in isolation as you rightly allude to. We've been very poor this season from the off (which I'll come back to in a minute). It would appear irrefutable that we've gone backwards at a truly astonishing rate and there's been nothing all season long to suggest that this slide can be/will be arrested. Indeed, it already appears that anything we do from hereonin is too little too late so far as this season and a top four finish goes.

I'm going off on a tangent here, but I do not - and never have - understood why we fuck about so much in pre-season. Play the core of the team and get them used to each other. Can we just once hit the ground running for fucks sake, develop a good head of steam and swat other teams aside (like flies Russ, like flies). Let them worry about us.

I've said before on here (once) that I think his time is up, but that doesn't mean I'm oblivious to the good that's he done. IF he was to stay next season I wouldn't be unhappy as I'd love to be proved wrong, and could even envisage him doing well. That said, the more games I see like last nights the more I question the varacity of this. It's a quandary for me certainly as to whether he stays or goes, as as much as I wouldn't be unhappy if he stayed, I'd kick myself for being so stupid and weak if next season mirrored this.

Edit. Just seen the follow up replies and I was going to delete this thread as it looks as if I'm wading in after the others simply to attack your viewpoint Ian - not the case at all mate.

Don't worry about it mate, with the thoughts I was gonna post last night I knew I'd get a fair few responses like.

As I've said on this one though, I'm not sure if I've ever seen us as lacklustre and bordering on desireless as we have been in majority of the away games this season. And especially over the last couple of months. I can't for one minute either think that Rafa is sending us out to play this way, especially given the fact he'd have given a half time team talk last night when we was one down.

The players just don't look like they have any faith in each other to get the job done and it's a fuckin' scary thing to see. It's pretty much the same side that didn't know the meaning of the phrase 'lost cause' last season now seem to view most goals conceeded as the end of the game.

For a completley different reason we are in a similar style of mindset as we had under Evans. Then it was never a roll your sleeves up attitude, it was a case of 'ah well, we'll win next week'. We seem to go into a slump which is the equivalent to this every time we concede. I don't get it, I really don't.

I can't believe it's as simply as we've had Lucas starting so much instead of Xabi, I really find that hard to accept.

Whatever it is though, I really don't know where we go from here or what we need to do to recitfy the situation, but I'm not fully convinced that just changing the manager will solve all this.

It just shows how much some fans have lowered their expectations. We dont have a shot on target against a Wigan side that hasn't won in 7 games and it's 'yeah but Torres had one chance he mis-hit'.

It's not hysertical, it's not a one off, it's saying that it's nowhere near good enough for Liverpool FC.

The thing is though, and as I've mentioned above, I never said it was good enough. I never tried to justify it all I was doing was pointing out that, in my opinion, if Nando buried that early chance he had we'd have won the game. That's all.