You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa to Juve?

Rocky Sullivan

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if it's to sqeeze more spends out of the owners?

Would you still rather he didn't do it if that is the aim?

get what out of the owners? they've been here 3 years and not put a penny in. what they take out now, is what RBS tell them to take. rafa is playing games. he does it now with these owners, he did it with the previous owners, he did it at valencia, it what he does, he's real madrid to the core and creating a shit storm is his favourite occupation.

I'm not saying for a second that the story hasn't been used by Rafa or the people around him to gain a bit of leverage, I don't even think that is in question.

But the allusion from the usual suspects that the story was planted deliberately by Rafa, which wasn't the case.

what do you mean by leverage? they've got nothing to give him. it just adds to the debt and fucks us up more.

Rafael Benítez declines to commit to Liverpool and rule out Juventus move

• Benítez cagey on his future following dour draw with Wolves

• Juventus ready to present him with manager's contract

Stuart James and Andy Hunter

guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 27 January 2010

Rafael Benítez last night declined the chance to commit his future to Liverpool after it emerged Juventus are drawing up an official contract document for the Spaniard in an attempt to demonstrate the seriousness of their interest.

Benítez had the opportunity to reaffirm his allegiance to Anfield when asked about Juventus's pursuit of him following a dour goalless draw at Molineux that did nothing to enhance Liverpool's hopes of salvaging a top-four finish. But he refused to address the subject, adding to the uncertainty over his position at Anfield.

"I prefer to talk about the game," said the manager, who insisted reports about his future before last night's match had not been a distraction. "I was really focused today trying to do the right thing to try to win the game."

Guus Hiddink is also on Juventus's radar. The Dutchman's wage demands, and the likelihood of Benítez remaining in situ until the end of this season, present the Italians with the problem of having to appoint an interim manager should Ciro Ferrara pay the price for falling 16 points adrift of Internazionale in Serie A. But they hope confirmation of the terms on offer at Stadio delle Alpi will convince Benítez, who signed a five-year contract at Liverpool in March last year, to leave behind the internal problems at Anfield.

The Liverpool manager's agent, Manuel Garcia Quilon, denied that he had received an approach from Juventus. "I have had no contact with Juventus or with any other Italian club regarding an interest on Rafa Benítez," he said. Juventus, however, registered their interest directly with Benítez, and did not go through Quilon, when deciding the Spaniard met their criteria for a new manager several days ago.

(Can't post URLs but it's on the front page of Guardian Football)

Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport are saying that not only will Rafa join Juventus, but also that his first move as Old Lady boss will be to bring in Dirk Kuyt from Liverpool.

Yeah I think Juve were interested in Kuyt last season/the season before. They said he has the right temperament to be a Juve player, or words to that effect.

If Rafa went I reckon its in the bag that Dirk would be right behind him.

I agree. I think fears of an exodus are a little exaggerated at this stage, but some of the players would move clubs, in my opinion.

Rafa's response to the bbc reporter's question was absolute wank. 'i understand you have to ask the question but i prefer to talk about the game' Surely the absolute minimum liverpool supporters can expect from their manager is to give the club 100% support and not to dodge questions about his career by using cuntish methods like saying he only wants to talk about the game. There's either something in the story rafa or there isn't. Show the supporters some fucking respect man.

Rafa's response to the bbc reporter's question was absolute wank. 'i understand you have to ask the question but i prefer to talk about the game' Surely the absolute minimum liverpool supporters can expect from their manager is to give the club 100% support and not to dodge questions about his career by using cuntish methods like saying he only wants to talk about the game. There's either something in the story rafa or there isn't. Show the supporters some fucking respect man.

If he could trust the media not to twist his words, take advantage of poor word choice, selectively quote bits of what he said then he probably would. But he's been burnt too often to give the media anything they can use as a rod for our backs at the moment.

If he could trust the media not to twist his words, take advantage of poor word choice, selectively quote bits of what he said then he probably would. But he's been burnt too often to give the media anything they can use as a rod for our backs at the moment.

Yes, just look at what they did with his "Facts" rant in order to make him look a bit mental.

ie Printed it verbatim.