You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

David Moores to blame for Liverpool mess

Zippy

At last the finger of blame pointing right at the person responsible for the cesspit we find ourselves in today. You took the fools gold Dave. Shame on you.

I hope it's not the last of this type of article fingering the blame at the cunt who is responsible.

The whole board at the time is to blame but Prick and Diamond Dave are the culprits who benefitted most. I think back to that day in Feruary 2007 when all the excitement was going on with the buyout and Pricks prophetic words in his statement.

Rick Parry, Chief Executive of Liverpool, commented: “This is great for Liverpool, our supporters and the shareholders – it is the beginning of a new era for the Club.

Yeah an Era of being a fuckin laughing stock and decline I am so angry with these 2 clowns but not nearly as mad as I am with Rick Parry and David Moores. They knew about the passion and commitment of the fans they also knew what this club meant to rich and poor fans alike. Yet they sold us down the river to benefit their bank balances, I hope they cant sleep at night the cunts.

Great, great article

I remember the first time I saw David Moores interviewed (around '91) and was horrified. John Smith exuded calm and professionalism - the epitome of the Liverpool Way. Moores just seemed vacant, with his shit mullet and tache - he looked like he should have been flogging knock off scarfs outside the ground. To quote John Lennon after Brian Epstein died - I thought fucking hell, we're in trouble now.

You ain't fucking kidding that cunt is to blame for the mess we're in.

I've largely stayed out of the Rafa debate - I'm pro Benitez by the way - because I believe that changing manager now would be akin to investing in a smart new pair of Adidas whilst gangrene eats away at your legs and the surgeon sharpens his scalpels.

During Moores' tenure at Liverpool, Manchester United managed to increase capacity at OT from 58,000 to 77,000 or whatever it is. Meanwhile in the Anfield boardroom Dave and his mates play pass the parcel with the communal brain cell and devise a master strategy which actually reduces the capacity of our stadium by 7,000 thus creating an unbridgable deficit in revenue.

Sunderland, Darlington, Shrewsbury Town, Derby County, Coventry City, St Johnstone, Walsall, Oxford United the list goes on. Some of the great names of British football there and they all managed to do something which proved to be beyond the wit and wisdom of Dave and Rick. Yes, they all managed to get new stadiums built.

On the commercial side of things we've had the longest running sponsorship in football with Carlsberg because Dave and his bubble-headed prick of a sidekick constantly undervalued the Club's potential. Carslberg must have been laughing their fucking tits off.

And then, by way of a parting gift, Butch and Sundance ride into town complete with cowboy boots and carpetbags. Six weeks worth of due diligence by DIC goes down the toilet in the indecent haste to grab every last cent so that bubble-head can finally get his shiny new sportscar. And to rub a bit more salt into the open wound its fucking red.

David Moores and Rick Parry dragged us to the edge of the precipice.......

Now wait for the summer.

Failure to qualify for the Champions League will blow one great big fuck-off hole in the ridiculous business model foisted on the Club by those two American windowlickers. It should be obvious even to the "special" ones amongst us that without constant investment in the team CL qualification is unsustainable especially when rival clubs are spending. We have no plan B and we have no parachute.

Contrary to what Purslow said in the Echo no fresh investment will be forthcoming in the short term because - out of the Champions League - the valuation of the Club will plummet and as a result we'll be a damn sight cheaper in six months time.

The much trumpeted sum of money due under the terms of the deal with Standard Chartered will surely be Champions League dependent so no pot of gold at the end of that rainbow.

And our good friends from RBS will come banging on the door - like the cheap horrible loan sharks they are - for the season ticket money to knock another slice off the capital we owe.

Apologies for the rant but I'm as low - Heysel and Hillsborough aside - as I ever have been in 38 seasons of following the Reds.

I'm off to get bladdered.

Spot fucking on ,im anti rafa though