You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

cestrianred

On 31/05/2018 at 15:03, Dr Nowt said:

As an aside to the original point, and while this wasn’t exactly a surprise to me, it’s Saddam-esque how our government had no issues with where this heinous fucking human shitsack of a moral vacuum’s funds came from, until it became politically expedient to do so.

They’ve happily stood by for 15 years and let a Russian mobster launder his image, along with his money, and not only grab the reflected respectability of owning a prominent football club and being treated like a foreign dignitary, but act as catalyst for how rancid particularly the financial side of English football has now become.

He’s then carried on his fucking ruthless, corrupt practices at Chelsea, such as buying up young players like shares and loaning them all over Europe on an industrial scale, and the shenanigans with clubs supposedly paying double and triple the worth of players they’re selling, right as FFP apparently became a thing, without impediment.

Worst of all was listening to the likes of Motson getting misty-eyed and reverential whenever footage of him clapping at Chelsea goals like a brain-damaged seal was broadcast. Indeed, John, how truly life-affirming it is to watch a man who inhaled the birth-rights of millions and millions of his own countrymen so he can have yachts in different colours, and still saw fit to charge them to have a piss, being marginally happy that John Terry has powerfully headed a goal in. Which, incidentally, is itself the sporting equivalent of someone hitting a marble with a fucking tennis racquet, such is the grotesqueness of his cubically massive, mongoloid head.

The only consolation is not just the stuff CT has mentioned re Visa issues, but that you just implicitly know, cold, dead-eyed shark that he is, he’ll have no compunction whatsoever about leaving Chelsea for dead should they cease to be of use to him/it becomes most convenient to do so.

Once more with feeling.

• Upvote 18
  • Downvote 1

How does this square with the rules around away fan attendance? They can't sell the tickets, but don't they have to provide aways under the rules. Any games with 100% home attendance (even limited) are surely against the rules?

Just now, Pidge said:

How does this square with the rules around away fan attendance? They can't sell the tickets, but don't they have to provide aways under the rules. Any games with 100% home attendance (even limited) are surely against the rules?

Government sanctions trump PL rules.

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Government sanctions trump PL rules.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't, they cover different things. The de facto implication being they can't legally fulfil these fixtures, unless a solution is found (exception made, or process agreed that sees no proceeds to Chelsea - which would also require ratification from govt).

4 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Tuchel to walk and join the Mancs this summer?

I really hope that doesn't happen - the longer they go getting piss poor managers the better.

They should get Rafa sure he's gone and managed Chelsea / Everton I'm sure he'd have no problem rocking up to OT and have a fall out with them after 6 months.

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

I'm not saying that they should, they cover different things. The de facto implication being they can't legally fulfil these fixtures, unless a solution is found (exception made, or process agreed that sees no proceeds to Chelsea).

The legal position has changed. The government has decreed chelsea fc are effectively under sanction. The PL rules about fan attendance for this club have been declared null.

For their part, I veyr much doubt the PL are going to sanction chelsea for not allowing away fans in under these unprecedented circumstances.

5 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Assume the government will sell the club and hold onto the money in a trust? So might not be too much long term impact on them unless they go bust in the interim period.

This is exactly what will happen.  They we're going to be sold soon anyway this just delays it and probably gets the price down as well.

Just now, dockers_strike said:

The legal position has changed. The government has decreed chelsea fc are effectively under sanction. The PL rules about fan attendance for this club have been declared null.

For their part, I veyr much doubt the PL are going to sanction chelsea for not allowing away fans in under these unprecedented circumstances.

Where have they been declared null?

"Legally" was the wrong word there, should have been "compliant", as in complying with the league's rules, not the law.

I don't see why the other clubs should support giving them a competitive advantage despite the circumstances. They might, but that decision needs to be made. I just want to know whether it has yet.

3 minutes ago, J-V said:

This is exactly what will happen.  They we're going to be sold soon anyway this just delays it and probably gets the price down as well.

that’s a shame I was hoping they would go bust. 

maybe a lower price may attract their own Hicks & Gillette type owner.

38 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

At least not all journalists have been in thrall to them, just those allegedly on the payroll like a certain Popeye character lookalike.

That Scottish cunt pleading his case is fucking embarrassing " but but he's grown to love the clubs and the fans " scrambling sky cunts make me puke

7 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Where have they been declared null?

"Legally" was the wrong word there, should have been "compliant", as in complying with the league's rules, not the law.

I don't see why the other clubs should support giving them a competitive advantage despite the circumstances. They might, but that decision needs to be made. I just want to know whether it has yet.

Seriously, do we have to play semantics? I just tried to answer your question about rules.

In my opinion the Government sanctions on chelsea nullifies any Premier League rules about visiting fans at chelsea's ground or, chelsea's away support visiting away games.

It doesnt matter whether we agree or not, the sanctions mean away fans cannot buy tickets for games at chelsea. Likewise, chelsea fans cannot buy away tickets.

Will the PL, FA UEFA now sanction chelsea for not allowing away fans into their ground for games? In my opinion, no, they wont because the British Government has acted to ban visiting fans.

Chelsea are allowed to spend a maximum of £500,000 per fixture on ‘security, catering and stewarding’.

The licence allows Chelsea to pay a maximum of £20,000 per game per club team for travel expenses for players and ‘essential staff’.

So it’s the Megabus and a Travelodge for Tommy T and his boys.

We assume that arrangements have already been made and paid for ahead of the Champions League trip to Lille next week. Should they progress to the last eight, they may be hoping for a kind draw based on the Interrail map.

For context, a usual Premier League away game with a flight, security, food, hotels etc would be about £30k. Going abroad, don’t see how they can do anything other than either commercial flights or drive their bus & significant drop in standard of hotel. Will make a big impact. 

https://t.co/23bSQuMA40

— Hugo Scheckter (@HugoScheckter) March 10, 2022

Lidl pies it is. Break the tents out! Tremendous.

https://www.football365.com/news/ten-consequences-chelsea-licence-roman-abramovich-sanctioned