You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Building a side for five years

sese

And probably the biggest part of it is gone.

What do you do? Try to rebuild?

Buy your top target, who's having coupons at the hospital. Was Rafa's answer.

It's clear that most of our play have been Alonso's great eye for a pass. When injured a long time it's always been atleast five games before it's started to look decent again.

Alonso have made most of our passangers in our offensive play not look THAT bad, when gone I'm tearing my hair out. Carragher, Skrtel, Mascherano, Lucas, Kuyt, Babel (even more shit when Alonso is gone). All of these are just terrible without huge spaces. Insua isn't much better at the moment either.

And fuck me, did anyone see most of our team doesn't know what the fuck momentum is, when we had it, Mascherano, Carragher stopped our play and passed it backwards, great.

We are in a desperate need of players at the back who can travel with the ball and see a pass, offensive one who can open it up. Agger and Aurelio is two, injured 40 games a season. Finally when we've got the ball between teams midfield and defence, we're all good. Gerrard, Benayoun is excellent there. For me Kuyt is way too much of a waste of space most of the games. If someone would count how many times he's loosing the ball every game, you would need a lot of papers. He does what he does, good and bad, for me it's more bad, but it isn't easy to replace 15 goals a season at the right.

We need something different, we can't afford to wait for Aquilani to come good, hopefully. Split the best partnership in the world isn't a good one but right now we are not getting anything out of them anyway.

But I will happily sell Skrtel or/and Agger for ballplaying centrebacks and if Mascherano's heart isn't here (or so it seems) I would gladly get a dm with a better eye for a pass.

What a fucking sad start of a season, sort it out Rafa.

We had to try and replace Alonso without the funds to do it. What do you expect. The club have gone for somebody they think can add a similar (albeit in a different way) level of play to the team, but who was affordable. Who did you think we'd get, Iniesta?

We had to try and replace Alonso without the funds to do it. What do you expect. The club have gone for somebody they think can add a similar (albeit in a different way) level of play to the team, but who was affordable. Who did you think we'd get, Iniesta?

I'm saying what I think we are lacking, what our play is missing. Not Iniesta. But Alonso have been gone since May and I would've hoped it was not just a gamble that Lucas stepped up. Lucas isn't shit, but his game doesn't suit his position in our play.

The things I'm pointing out isn't something that've popped up this year either. We need more than one player who can pick up the ball from the back and get our play going. Aquilani isn't going to solve it himself. He's not that kind of player.

I'm saying what I think we are lacking, what our play is missing. Not Iniesta. But Alonso have been gone since May and I would've hoped it was not just a gamble that Lucas stepped up. Lucas isn't shit, but his game doesn't suit his position in our play.

The things I'm pointing out isn't something that've popped up this year either. We need more than one player who can pick up the ball from the back and get our play going. Aquilani isn't going to solve it himself. He's not that kind of player.

er yes he is. In fact, he's fucking shit.