You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Aquilani

ReddOrDedd

No it isn't.

You are assuming he's a dud.

I am not judging him until he plays regularly.

Actually, it is.

You've said that it is false that Aquilani is a dud.

You then said that you can't judge a player until you've seen him.

This is what we call a contradiction of doctrine. I would say that you're theory is that you cannot judge a player until you've seen enough of him, but a theory cannot be self-contradicting, which you have done.

Anyway, you cannot say that it's false that Aquilani is a dud, because we haven't seem him play enough to determine if he is a dud or a success.

On top of that, you said that you are not judging him until he plays regularly, however, you've already said that it's false to call him a failure.

So, I would suggest that you are not going to watch Aquilani with an open mind. You've already determined that he will be a success despite not seeing him play a full match in a Liverpool shirt.

I, on the other hand, am assuming nothing about Aquilani. I am hoping that he will be a success, but I fear that he may have troubles with his injury record.

Actually, it is.

You've said that it is false that Aquilani is a dud.

You then said that you can't judge a player until you've seen him.

This is what we call a contradiction of doctrine. I would say that you're theory is that you cannot judge a player until you've seen enough of him, but a theory cannot be self-contradicting, which you have done.

Anyway, you cannot say that it's false that Aquilani is a dud, because we haven't seem him play enough to determine if he is a dud or a success.

On top of that, you said that you are not judging him until he plays regularly, however, you've already said that it's false to call him a failure.

In other words:

Schrödinger's cat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Schrödinger's Cat: A cat, along with a flask containing a poison, is placed in a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence. If an internal Geiger counter detects radiation, the flask is shattered, releasing the poison that kills the cat. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics implies that after a while, the cat is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when we look in the box, we see the cat either alive or dead, not a mixture of alive and dead.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Is the right answer. Aurelio comes on and for the first time in the game we had a period of sustained dominance. He may be regarded as a defender but he's better going forward than he is defending and he's usually our best set-piece taker.

Assuming Yossi had to come off or risk damaging him futher then we either brought Aurelio on (rather him than a half-fit Riera) or brought Aquilani on and shuffled Gerrard to the left (imaging the squeals on here if that had been done and we hadn't scored).

How very dare you

In other words:

Schrödinger's cat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Schrödinger's Cat: A cat, along with a flask containing a poison, is placed in a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence. If an internal Geiger counter detects radiation, the flask is shattered, releasing the poison that kills the cat. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics implies that after a while, the cat is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when we look in the box, we see the cat either alive or dead, not a mixture of alive and dead.

No. Aquilani isn't both a success and a failure, until we see him play regularly, as this is a quantifiable thing.

Unless you are trying to argue that what he may or may not be able to do right now is of no consequence, so he is both a success and a failure. You'd have a point there, but that wasn't the point that I was trying to make.

Foundationalism is any theory in epistemology (typically, theories of justification, but also of knowledge) that holds that beliefs are justified (known, etc.) based on what are called basic beliefs (also commonly called foundational beliefs). Basic beliefs are beliefs that give justificatory support to other beliefs, and more derivative beliefs are based on those more basic beliefs. The basic beliefs are said to be self-justifying or self-evident, that is, they enjoy a non-inferential warrant (or justification), i.e., they are not justified by other beliefs. Typically and historically, foundationalists have held either that basic beliefs are justified by mental events or states, such as experiences, that do not constitute beliefs (these are called nondoxastic mental states), or that they simply are not the type of thing that can be (or needs to be) justified.

Hence, generally, a Foundationalist might offer the following theory of justification:

A belief is epistemically justified only if (1) it is justified by a basic belief or beliefs, or (2) it is justified by a chain of beliefs that is supported by a basic belief or beliefs, and on which all the others are ultimately based.

A basic belief, on the other hand, does not require justification because it is a different kind of belief than a non-foundational one.

Aquiliani will be truly awesome for LFC better than Alonso with one provisio of course. That Proviso being Rafa picks him in the team and allows him to get on the pitch.

Where the hell has the idea the Rafa's refusing to pick Aquilani come from? I've seen a few of these posts now and it's trés confusing.

Is the right answer. Aurelio comes on and for the first time in the game we had a period of sustained dominance. He may be regarded as a defender but he's better going forward than he is defending and he's usually our best set-piece taker.

Assuming Yossi had to come off or risk damaging him futher then we either brought Aurelio on (rather him than a half-fit Riera) or brought Aquilani on and shuffled Gerrard to the left (imaging the squeals on here if that had been done and we hadn't scored).

You and Kop may have a point but that was a bye product of why he was bought on.

He was bought on to keep a point and give Insua protection first and formost which tells us everything about the manager's cautious approach keep a point rather than risk it going for 3 points.

You and Kop may have a point but that was a bye product of why he was bought on.

He was bought on to keep a point and give Insua protection first and formost which tells us everything about the manager's cautious approach keep a point rather than risk it going for 3 points.

So the full-back's struggling and getting exposed, with a dead-on-his-feet player in front of him offering limited protection. You'd bring on a central attacking midfielder who's hardly played since march on the left, who would undoubtedly cut inside leaving the full back even more exposed, rather than the left back/left midfielder who while providing protection for the full back has an excellent footballing brain and set piece delivery? Really?

Where the hell has the idea the Rafa's refusing to pick Aquilani come from? I've seen a few of these posts now and it's trés confusing.

Its pretty clear he is fit and ready to play, especially if you saw his face when Aurellio came on.

Its a serious point though isnt it, he may be the best player in the world but he cant effect the game from the stands

Rafa picked a very conservative and cautious team on Saturday and I bet Aquilliani wont start on Sunday and he should IMO but I expect the manager to be cautious again as he will probably be scared that Everton will kick him to death.

Its pretty clear he is fit and ready to play, especially if you saw his face when Aurellio came on.

Its a serious point though isnt it, he may be the best player in the world but he cant effect the game from the stands

Rafa picked a very conservative and cautious team on Saturday and I bet Aquilliani wont start on Sunday and he should IMO but I expect the manager to be cautious again as he will probably be scared that Everton will kick him to death.

The player being disappointed at not coming on, and being the right substitution to make at the time are two completely different things.

Are you really advocating not being cautious with a big name signing returning from long term injury?

Bollocks, in the extreme.

Kuyt, Gerrard, Babel and N'Gog might be shite, might be lightweight, but it is not conservative and cautious.