You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Aquilani

ReddOrDedd

Lets cut Rafa some fucking slack here

Xabi

Momo

Mascher

Lucas is the only questionable CM signing and he never saw the player anyway

When it comes to CM players Rafa knows what he is talking about.

If he knew the same about wingers we'd be champions already

If Rafa want him he will be a world beater

[better thread for this.]

Apparently Aquilani is a bit of a fascist who collects busts of Mussolini and doesn't like immigrants. Terrific.

See Quel fascino per la camicia nera che cresce nel mondo del calcio - Calcio - Sport - Repubblica.it

"Nella capitale si sta consumando un pericoloso contagio tra la curva della Roma, egemonizzata dalla destra neofascista, e i giovani calciatori romani. Daniele De Rossi, capitan futuro destinato a sostituire Totti, è un simpatizzante di Forza Nuova. E l'altro romanista da nazionale, Alberto Aquilani, colleziona busti del duce - li regala uno zio - mostrando opinioni chiare sugli immigrati in Italia: 'Sono solo un problema'."

Lets cut Rafa some fucking slack here

Xabi

Momo

Mascher

Lucas is the only questionable CM signing and he never saw the player anyway

When it comes to CM players Rafa knows what he is talking about.

If he knew the same about wingers we'd be champions already

If Rafa want him he will be a world beater

For what it's worth, I agree with you, much as pretty much anyone who has more than a single brain cell in their head. You haven't answered my question very efficiently, though, Nicholas.

Apparently Aquilani is a bit of a fascist who collects busts of Mussolini and doesn't like immigrants. Terrific.

See Quel fascino per la camicia nera che cresce nel mondo del calcio - Calcio - Sport - Repubblica.it

"Nella capitale si sta consumando un pericoloso contagio tra la curva della Roma, egemonizzata dalla destra neofascista, e i giovani calciatori romani. Daniele De Rossi, capitan futuro destinato a sostituire Totti, è un simpatizzante di Forza Nuova. E l'altro romanista da nazionale, Alberto Aquilani, colleziona busti del duce - li regala uno zio - mostrando opinioni chiare sugli immigrati in Italia: 'Sono solo un problema'."

What does all that italian say?

Those pesky italians and their cheeky racism.

What does all that italian say?

I did an A-level in Italian, so here is an A-level-standard translation (ie, not that good).

In the capital, there is a dangerous contagion engulfing the 'curva' [supporting part of the stadium - equivalent to the Kop] of Roma, born in the neo-fascist right, and the young Roman football players. Daniele De Rossi, future captain destined to replace Totti, is a sympathiser of Forza Nuova. And the other Roman nationalist, Alberto Aquilani, collects busts of Il Duce [benito Mussolini] - he calls him an uncle - and shows clear opinions about immigrants to Italy: "They are only a problem."

Hmmm. I'm quite shocked by this, if it's true.

I did an A-level in Italian, so here is an A-level-standard translation (ie, not that good).

In the capital, there is a dangerous contagion engulfing the 'curva' [supporting part of the stadium - equivalent to the Kop] of Roma, born in the neo-fascist right, and the young Roman football players. Daniele De Rossi, future captain destined to replace Totti, is a sympathiser of Forza Nuova. And the other Roman nationalist, Alberto Aquilani, collects busts of Il Duce [benito Mussolini] - he calls him an uncle - and shows clear opinions about immigrants to Italy: "They are only a problem."

Hmmm. I'm quite shocked by this, if it's true.

Indeed this is not good.

Italy has had 61 governments since 1945. When I learned that, I understood why...I'll be diplomatic and say 'questionable' beliefs are considerably more mainstream there. I've come to the conclusion that, outside the confines of their own nation, only a lunatic would put an Italian in an authoritative position of more importance than that of a football manager.