You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

glass floor - sears tower

neko

would you step out for a look ?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. would you step out for a look ?

• yes - no problem
    • no chance
    • maybe after a few drinks, or for money

Humans are supposed to be scared of heights. Its stops us falling off high things.

I read somewhere that the fear of heights is actually a person resisting the urge to jump. So, its not actually fear, its your body and mind wanting different things. I am fucking shit scared of heights man!!

Guest The Chimp

Me and the Mrs did the same thing in Melbourne in the Eureka Tower. Step into a glass room which levetates out 3 metres out from the building and then all of a sudden, what was opaque becomes transparent and you're 300 metres up looking at the world below! Was really good. Eureka Skydeck 88

Me and the Mrs did the same thing in Melbourne in the Eureka Tower. Step into a glass room which levetates out 3 metres out from the building and then all of a sudden, what was opaque becomes transparent and you're 300 metres up looking at the world below! Was really good. Eureka Skydeck 88

i had a look at that site - funky building.

the glass enclosure, or 'edge' as they call it is a bit more sturdy looking and over-engineered than the sears tower one, but it still counts.

you're a brave chimp, you are.

Guest The Chimp

Or daft! Nah, the truth is I am petrified of heights but feel very safe inside buildings. It's when the wind gets up and I fear being blown off things that I get really scared (up mountains for example).

This is going off track a bit - but some ideas for your adventures! Here's a building here in Surfers but alas no ledge - unbelievable views of the Gold Coast though:

ImageGallery5.jpg

Qdeck - As far as the eye can see : Gold Coast Attractions - Gold Coast Queensland Australia

Where the Chimps got engaged:

kl_tower.jpg

Our most recent "tall" experience:

singaporebirdeye154821.jpg

This is deffo on my list - the Devils Swimming Pool in Zimbabwe:

new_pa7.jpg

Guest The Chimp

Fucking hell - I forgot I did this in January when our kid was over (and we met a certain Al*n H*ns*n on the bridge climb). Would deffo recommend.

shbridgeclimb.jpg

Guest The Chimp
couldnt handle the glass floor, i would well and truly shit myself,

That swimming pool looks ace though.

You'd think so Melons until you realise what's over the edge:

victoria-falls-devil-pools1.jpg

I read somewhere that the fear of heights is actually a person resisting the urge to jump. So, its not actually fear, its your body and mind wanting different things. I am fucking shit scared of heights man!!

Yep. That's the thing that bothers me about heights. It's not the height, it's the almost irresistable urge to jump over the edge. Last time I was in that situation I had to forcibly make myself step away. I could feel my legs coiling up ready to spring forward and leap off.

Guest The Chimp

It's true I do have a smaller brain the most! As for those pics - you know when I said about being outside and the wind getting up? Well those pics you posted are exactly what would constitute my worse nightmare. Not for all the money in the world would I be able to do that. That truly is scarey shit.

Ever tried the glass floor of the CN tower neko?

800px-Glass_Floor_of_the_CN_Tower.JPG

Heard they've made the elevator floors glass as well.

embarrassed to say that i haven't gone up the CN tower (only been to toronto twice) - it just doesn't hold much appeal for me.

looking at a city from an airplane is good enough.

There's a small bit of glass floor in the big Beetham tower in Manc, in the bar of the Hilton. I stood on that for 5 seconds and absolutely shat myself.

No way I'd step foot on a piece of glass that big like at the sears tower. I'm sure the glass is probably stronger than a lot of other materials that could be used, but it doesn't feel right.