You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which player do you most play like?

Jose Jones

I am small, skillful, very quick and play out wide on the right... problem with me is I never track back and have been regularly lynched and sworn at in the dressing room for not helping out when we are under pressure.

Played at a decent level up until aged 19 and a double leg break by a frustrated left back left me in a heap. Have played Sunday league on and off until aged 28 when I hung my blue boots.

I don't think i've ever been less surprised about anything!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ifithadnebeenferkneeinjury, I would have songs sung about me containing the words "He drinks Sangria".

I was a l'il Luis back in the day, right down to the frustrating inconsistency and the "piss your own teammates off for 89 minutes before popping up with the winner."

Also, I can still shoot from halfway. Actually, I have a left foot to make Maradona weep.

Does anybody here play like Dirk Kuyt? One of my mates does, and he always got games despite not being able to do the things some of us could do. He ran all game and played wide left, he had no pace and no skill. Frustrating wasn't the start of it. But he used to pop up with goals on freezing December mornings while I was blowing hot air onto my freezing hands.

Andrés Escobar.

I've no idea who he is, but my teammates regularly say I'll end up like him.

Columbian player, I think defender. He scored an own goal in World Cup 94 and because of that goal Colombia did not pass the group stage.

When he returned home, he was killed in front of a night club by angry fan because of that OG.

Columbian player, I think defender. He scored an own goal in World Cup 94 and because of that goal Colombia did not pass the group stage.

When he returned home, he was killed in front of a night club by angry fan because of that OG.

I was joking.

Does anybody here play like Dirk Kuyt? One of my mates does, and he always got games despite not being able to do the things some of us could do. He ran all game and played wide left, he had no pace and no skill. Frustrating wasn't the start of it. But he used to pop up with goals on freezing December mornings while I was blowing hot air onto my freezing hands.

Disappointing to see you bringing Dirk into this. 'Tis a bit unnecessary.

I think he knows who he was mate, that's how he setup the gag. It was a joke, see? "End up like him"? i.e. dead?

I am small, skillful, very quick and play out wide on the right... problem with me is I never track back and have been regularly lynched and sworn at in the dressing room for not helping out when we are under pressure.

Played at a decent level up until aged 19 and a double leg break by a frustrated left back left me in a heap. Have played Sunday league on and off until aged 28 when I hung my blue boots.

haha, you do realise this explains a lot?

Basically you are Quaresma!

On a slightly different tangent, does everybody find themselves favouring those players that play in a similar position/role that they did?

I always swayed towards defenders and defensive mids, which is why I prefer Carragher and Mascherano more than others.