You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people blaming Rafa for Xabi's imminent departure when he has said about 10 times that he doesn't want to sell Xabi but Xabi has been mostly silent and when he has said something his comments have been very ambiguous.

Because Xabi is very hurt and upset about the diabolical treatment he received last summer when Rafa tried to force him out the club for speaking out against Pako leaving and choosing to be at the birth of his child. Oh and now that Rafa missed out on Barry he wants Xabi to stay but oh no it's too late for that, he already burned his bridges.

We will have to agree to disagree but his actions showed otherwise he could have stayed just like Xabi can stay.

What actions? Like leving himself out of the squad for Chelsea etc?

tbh i think rafa wants xabi to hand a transfer request in so he keeps face with the fans.

and then he can say that he didnt want him to go that he wanted to leave it all seems quiet messy what ever way you look at it. rafa,s relationship with xabi is dead after last summer we should as much as i dont want xabi to go he looks like he wants out so i think we should sell and move on.and get the best price for him.

Because Xabi is very hurt and upset about the diabolical treatment he received last summer when Rafa tried to force him out the club for speaking out against Pako leaving and choosing to be at the birth of his child. Oh and now that Rafa missed out on Barry he wants Xabi to stay but oh no it's too late for that, he already burned his bridges.

Rafa is one who makes the decisions that he thinks will benefit this football club, if he thought bringing in Barry would improve us then so be it, a manager lives and dies by his decisions and sometimes you have to gamble to be successful. If Xabi didn't like being touted around europe then that's just tough, he must be a very insecure person if he can't cope with that.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Was it driven by Keane though? No. He only ever said he wanted to stay.

His "management team" were on the blower to Spurs from mid-November and planting stories left, right and centre.

The action of leaving Liverpool and joining another club.

He didn't want to leave. If he'd stayed he'd have rotted in the reserves. Well, according to the guy who paid £20m for him he would have.

tbh, it wasn't really xabi's place to speak about paco, i remember a quote from carra soon after he left, saying something like, "yeah he's a great fitness coach and he'll be missed, but at the end of the day, he was a fitness coach".

he had little to do with tactics, etc. And i think the baby thing is being blown out of proportion, xabi made himself available for that inter game, then changed his mind, which probably annoyed rafa a little as it affected his planning. I highly doubt either were reasons for rafa wanting to sell him, more to do with his lukewarm form and injuries over the previous two seasons.

At the end of the day, if we get the £35million, he'll go, if not xabi's professional enough to continue with us. Its not even certain real will meet our asking price.

Why is it tough?

If Xabi had been the one touting himself around Europe he'd have been called for everything. When Benitez does it to him it's 'tough' is it?

What have you got against Rafa, when he first took over we were a joke of team who struggled to get into the top 4 with rubbish players like Heskey, Biscan, Traore etc. 5 years down the line we've become title contenders and were so close to winning the league last season. We've made massive progress since he arrived I expect that to continue next season.

He didn't want to leave. If he'd stayed he'd have rotted in the reserves. Well, according to the guy who paid £20m for him he would have.

So a boyhood red joins the club of his dreams and then leaves after five months not much courage there. Also worth mentioning it was by no means certain at that time if Rafa would have been here next season.

What have you got against Rafa, when he first took over we were a joke of team who struggled to get into the top with rubbish players like Heskey, Biscan, Traore etc. 5 years down the line we've become title contenders and were so close to winning the league last season. We've made massive progress since he arrived I expect that to continue next season.

I'm not going into what I've got against him.

Also, Heskey? He tried to bring that 'rubbish' back.

He has my blessing to leave after last summers debacle and the disgraceful treatment he got when his wife was in labour. Lets move on.

Was it fuck disgraceful treatment, Rafa had every right to react the way he did, I am a dad myself but this was an exceptional case and Rafa was well within his rights to expect Alonso to play, if we had have gone out I am sure there would have been a different reaction to this scenario.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Difference between him doing it and Rafa doing it?

Nothing really, but I thought it was worth pointing out.

And the Heskey thing was a fucking myth

So a boyhood red joins the club of his dreams and then leaves after five months not much courage there. Also worth mentioning it was by no means certain at that time if Rafa would have been here next season.

Yeah, cos it would have been to his benefit to rot in the reserves wouldn't it?

And the doubt over Rafa's future was only being manufactured by the man himself. Rejecting contracts and leaking shite left right and centre.

Was it fuck disgraceful treatment, Rafa had every right to react the way he did, I am a dad myself but this was an exceptional case and Rafa was well within his rights to expect Alonso to play, if we had have gone out I am sure there would have been a different reaction to this scenario.

So you'd be willing to miss the birth of your kid for the sake of a footy game?