You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cat Pics

Alan Sex

Sorry. Sad news.

Doris is going to the vet on Friday and not coming home. She has a tumour in her sinuses which is showing through her eye. This, as well as the bloody sneezing and loss of weight, it is better for her to have a gentle end, rather than suffering. I really can't begin to tell you how much of a superstar she is. 

Send her loving thoughts at 9.30am Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, rb14 said:

Sorry. Sad news.

Doris is going to the vet on Friday and not coming home. She has a tumour in her sinuses which is showing through her eye. This, as well as the bloody sneezing and loss of weight, it is better for her to have a gentle end, rather than suffering. I really can't begin to tell you how much of a superstar she is. 

Been through it twice mate. Gutted for you.

1 hour ago, rb14 said:

Sorry. Sad news.

Sorry to hear this mate.

I dread the day when our Charlie's time comes.

3 hours ago, rb14 said:

Sorry. Sad news.

Sorry to hear that mate. Sounds like she was a cracker. 

17 hours ago, rb14 said:

Sorry. Sad news.

Had the exact same thing happen with our Russian Blue, Sooty. He actually died at home the night before we were to take him to the vet.

E5RxmIr.jpg

• Upvote 2

That there @neko is a fatter version of Doris in her prime. The only thing missing is a snotty nose.

I so want to travel up to West Kirby to be with her tomorrow morning, but I just cannot do it. I know I'll be EVEN MORE devastated than I am already. I've been in floods since I got the news. I'm fucked if I don't go and I'm fucked if I do. I feel totally lame and guilty. The family whatsapp group is under six inches of tears.

• Upvote 1

It's a tough decision, but I always want to be with them when they pass. I can't believe some people drop their pets off at the vet and drive away.

Sooty had the same sinus tumor. Bloody sneezing, difficult breathing, loss of weight (that pic is prime Soot Soot). He was a great cat.

Sigh.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Grinch said:

I really feel the love when wee bells trys to murder me, by hiding behind a stair, halfway down and jumping out at me at 5am.

Our new kitten, Isabel, managed to jump up on the fireplace mantel and push my treasured 1/18 models of Nigel Mansell's 1989 Ferrari and Jacque Villenueve's 1997 Williams on to the floor below. Both cars are now DNF.

I'm tempted to force her to use her giant paws to glue them back together or send her back to Mexico.

• Upvote 1

Our cats

Hetty

526914C6-5A0E-4D3A-8F33-8B938BDC78B4_zps

Kensi

2DD9A33B-9C01-4742-BCF9-9A39683BDA38_zps

Jasper. Passed in 2014 to his heart condition.

Jasper.jpg

Kes. Passed in 2016 to oral cancer

Kes5_zps289a8ae9.jpg

Kira. Passed in 2017 to kidney failure

00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000125_zps

Pudsey. Passed last year to a tumour in his ear canal.

Pudsey_zps83dfd944.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, neko said:

Pete's pets are lovely.

One eyed cats are boss as well.

Pudsey was a fucking dude and it’s criminal what happened to him. He came to us from Cats Protection in 2014 as a nasty little fucker. A little love and affection softened him right up. Sadly he then went blind in his one good eye before developing cancer last year and going to sleep last July. We miss him terribly and Kensi (his non related sister) still mourns for him.  

I just wish we’d had him for longer so he wasn’t as fucked in the head.  He deserved so much better but I’m glad we gave him 4 years of quality life. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

My two visitor cats who live a couple of doors down. With the permission of their owners we give them a few cat treats each once a day. I'd been in for about 30 seconds when they appeared. I think they know the sound of my car.

Don't be fooled by the glum look on their faces. The crafty bastards had visited earlier in the day when I was at work and had already had their daily rations. 

20200218_160046.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5